Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? 18:29 - Sep 19 with 6956 viewsMullet

I appreciated I'm bringing the TWTD equivalent of gasoline, matches and a Delia shaped effigy to the thread, but what's the angle here?

Sayle is an interesting comic, but who and what are "Just Jews"? A non-religious alternative pressure group or sorts? I know it's not that long and the detail is lacking, but is the argument one to steer away from the Tory's "what about anti-Semitism?" line?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:39 - Sep 19 with 1548 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:38 - Sep 19 by wkj

Dk, do you mind? Spruce, I and that Wherry chap are trying to derail this thread

I saw what can only be described as a "long-distance dwarf" today.

Does that help?

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:39 - Sep 19 with 1548 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:38 - Sep 19 by wkj

Dk, do you mind? Spruce, I and that Wherry chap are trying to derail this thread

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:40 - Sep 19 with 1539 viewswkj

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:39 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

I saw what can only be described as a "long-distance dwarf" today.

Does that help?

I suppose it does if you enjoy a good limbo

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:41 - Sep 19 with 1531 viewsericclacton

Yes, I think he's rreeaallyy ggrreeaatt.
Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:46 - Sep 19 with 1520 viewswkj

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:41 - Sep 19 by ericclacton

Yes, I think he's rreeaallyy ggrreeaatt.

Alexi Sayle, discount name or Bloke on a boat

Crybaby

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:05 - Sep 19 with 1504 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s Alexi Sayle these days? Looks like the b@stard love child of Ian Duncan Smith and Sean Connery.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:17 - Sep 19 with 1490 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:38 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

the fact that a very large number of uk jews, including all of the main uk jewish organisations, have reported anti-semitism from corbyn's supporters is enough. your line seems to be that you'll only take the abuse seriously if every single jew in the uk reports it. it's has to unanimous or you'll ignore it. would you take the same view with sexual harassment? it's all ok cos there are still some women who haven't experienced it yet?

I missed this. That's one hell of an angled and disingenuous diatribe there.

Care to put any facts or figures to any of that? Of course, some "Corbyn supporters" are antisemitic as antisemitism exists across the board. At what point does that become Corbyn's problem as opposed to any other nominal leader? When anti-Corbyn people say so?

Expand on that with evidence rather than accusations.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:21 - Sep 19 with 1471 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:38 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

the fact that a very large number of uk jews, including all of the main uk jewish organisations, have reported anti-semitism from corbyn's supporters is enough. your line seems to be that you'll only take the abuse seriously if every single jew in the uk reports it. it's has to unanimous or you'll ignore it. would you take the same view with sexual harassment? it's all ok cos there are still some women who haven't experienced it yet?

Where has Spruce said that?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:22 - Sep 19 with 1468 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:25 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

no, i'm quick to dismiss this particular ageing commie's perspective that's all.

What has his age got to do with it?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:23 - Sep 19 with 1463 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:43 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Not at all what I am saying, please don't attempt to misrepresent me here.

You dismissed what he said solely because of his political beliefs. You said it yourself. It's in the thread for all to read. I'm asking you why you see fit to dismiss a persons take on bigotry because they have political beliefs you don't like. The value of what a person says, in terms of their own lived experiences, isn't defined by their personal political views. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

If he came out and talked about how he thought there were issues with anti-semitism in the Labour Party, you wouldn't be dismissing them because of his politics, so why do you feel able to that when he offers a different view of his own experiences?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:45]

Because lowhouse wants rid of corbyn no matter what. If someone's views don't fit his narrative, even a Jew's, he's not interested.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:28 - Sep 19 with 1451 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:23 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

Because lowhouse wants rid of corbyn no matter what. If someone's views don't fit his narrative, even a Jew's, he's not interested.

Lowhouse is only on this forum to get rid of Corbyn.

He's an anti-Zed Rodgers but also in terms of lacking Zed's humour, charm and intelligence.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:29 - Sep 19 with 1447 viewswkj

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:28 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

Lowhouse is only on this forum to get rid of Corbyn.

He's an anti-Zed Rodgers but also in terms of lacking Zed's humour, charm and intelligence.

And chest hair, people at that pub are the type who tend to wax weekly

Crybaby

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:31 - Sep 19 with 1443 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:29 - Sep 19 by wkj

And chest hair, people at that pub are the type who tend to wax weekly

Lowhouse washes his hands before he goes to the loo.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:36 - Sep 19 with 1424 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:51 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

he comes from a political background which is entirely alien to the labour party. that a 1970s communist supports corbyn is unsurprising - nothing needs explaining. people who are politically aligned with the corbyn sect choose to turn a blind eye to stuff as we know full well on here.

Yet people who despise Corbyn are bastions of reasoned impartiality!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:43 - Sep 19 with 1404 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:35 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

The one with three levels of awesomeness and tw@ts?

Still definitely not judging this bar you've never visited then?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:45 - Sep 19 with 1396 viewswkj

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:43 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

Still definitely not judging this bar you've never visited then?

Footers popper in there earlier and Facebook lived it, spruce wasn't impressed

Crybaby

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:53 - Sep 19 with 1386 viewsbaxterbasics

I can at times find left wing comedians funny. But this guy, never. Just annoying. Coming out for Corbs takes him down to new depths.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:54 - Sep 19 with 1379 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 21:53 - Sep 19 by baxterbasics

I can at times find left wing comedians funny. But this guy, never. Just annoying. Coming out for Corbs takes him down to new depths.

He's no Jim Davidson, that's for sure.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 22:18 - Sep 19 with 1352 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:31 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Hardly.

Corbyn hasn't said anything. This is a Jewish person saying they support him.

Oh aye, nowt to do with Corbyn. Aye, gotcha. Wink wink.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 22:52 - Sep 19 with 1331 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 22:18 - Sep 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh aye, nowt to do with Corbyn. Aye, gotcha. Wink wink.

Steady. That type of comment is seen as antisemitic in some quarters.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 23:25 - Sep 19 with 1308 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 22:52 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

Steady. That type of comment is seen as antisemitic in some quarters.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 11:55 - Sep 20 with 1205 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mr Sayle can only speak from his own experiences. He is neither the “right” or “wrong kind of Jew”. He is perfectly entitled to hold whatever views or opinions he desires.

However, they are not views or experiences shared by the majority of British Jews. This latest statement from the Board of Deputies, the Jewish equivalent of the British Muslim Council..

Reading through some of the contributions to this thread I guess it comes down to whether you believe that the Labour Party has a serious issue with Antisemitism within its ranks, has the issue manifested greatly since the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader, and has the leadership demstrated an ability to deal with the issue in any serious way?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 11:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 13:12 - Sep 20 with 1170 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 11:55 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

Mr Sayle can only speak from his own experiences. He is neither the “right” or “wrong kind of Jew”. He is perfectly entitled to hold whatever views or opinions he desires.

However, they are not views or experiences shared by the majority of British Jews. This latest statement from the Board of Deputies, the Jewish equivalent of the British Muslim Council..

Reading through some of the contributions to this thread I guess it comes down to whether you believe that the Labour Party has a serious issue with Antisemitism within its ranks, has the issue manifested greatly since the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader, and has the leadership demstrated an ability to deal with the issue in any serious way?

The BoD of course is heavily criticized by many Jews for promoting a particular position and “voice of the Jewish community” rather than actually representing the community and the many diverse opinions on politics, the evidence (or lack of it) for Labour antisemitism and whether Israel and its government should be blindly supported.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 14:25 - Sep 20 with 1145 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 13:12 - Sep 20 by Darth_Koont

The BoD of course is heavily criticized by many Jews for promoting a particular position and “voice of the Jewish community” rather than actually representing the community and the many diverse opinions on politics, the evidence (or lack of it) for Labour antisemitism and whether Israel and its government should be blindly supported.

When you say lack of evidence, do you understand the evidence threshold the EHRC require before even considering an statutory investigation, let alone starting one?

Just to be clear, are you suggesting the BoD are influenced by Israel when issuing statements regarding Labour antisemtism?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 14:27]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 14:31 - Sep 20 with 1139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 11:55 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

Not really. It's a lot more nuanced than that. I think it's more about the true scale, how much Corbyn is at fault, and if enough is being done now to stamp it out.

I don't think anyone's denying it's been a serious issue. It just seems people with vested interests have jumped on it and politicised it. It's good and healthy that we're hearing both sides. Some have intimated there will be a 1930's style threat to Jews if Labour get in - this is where it goes too far and becomes ridiculous. Lot's of Jewish people support Corbyn - that wouldn't be happening if he posed a real and serious threat to them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024