Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? 18:29 - Sep 19 with 7036 viewsMullet

I appreciated I'm bringing the TWTD equivalent of gasoline, matches and a Delia shaped effigy to the thread, but what's the angle here?

Sayle is an interesting comic, but who and what are "Just Jews"? A non-religious alternative pressure group or sorts? I know it's not that long and the detail is lacking, but is the argument one to steer away from the Tory's "what about anti-Semitism?" line?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 18:31 - Sep 19 with 2948 viewswkj

Chubby Brown next

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 18:33 - Sep 19 with 2933 viewsSpruceMoose

Dis gon be good.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 18:38 - Sep 19 with 2909 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/just-jews-broadening-the-debate/

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 18:42 - Sep 19 with 2891 viewsfooters

"but is the argument one to steer away from the Tory's "what about anti-Semitism?" line?"

Sounds a bit too conspiratorial to me, m8. There's no way people with political interests fund media campaigns and social media shenanigans!

P.S. Alexei Sayle is a good egg.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 18:43]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:04 - Sep 19 with 2848 viewslowhouseblue

1970s communists 4 corbyn. i think we knew that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 2834 viewsnoggin

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:04 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

You forgot 'Jewish'

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:09 - Sep 19 with 2830 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:04 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

You're not saying they are the wrong type of Jewish folk are you? Your post seemed a bit... dismissive, that's all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:15 - Sep 19 with 2820 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:08 - Sep 19 by noggin

You forgot 'Jewish'

well his parents were members of the cpgb so they must have come to terms with the soviet state's anti-semitism - so i guess corbyn's mates are light weights relative to that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:17 - Sep 19 with 2811 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:09 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You're not saying they are the wrong type of Jewish folk are you? Your post seemed a bit... dismissive, that's all.

where did is say that? are you hallucinating again? you may be overwrought.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:17 - Sep 19 with 2810 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:15 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

well his parents were members of the cpgb so they must have come to terms with the soviet state's anti-semitism - so i guess corbyn's mates are light weights relative to that.

It's certainly been a day for the mental gymnasts on here.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:22 - Sep 19 with 2797 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:17 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

where did is say that? are you hallucinating again? you may be overwrought.

You just seem very quick to dismiss this particular Jewish man's perspective that's all.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:25 - Sep 19 with 2790 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:22 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You just seem very quick to dismiss this particular Jewish man's perspective that's all.

no, i'm quick to dismiss this particular ageing commie's perspective that's all.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:25 - Sep 19 with 2796 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh, that's cringey.

Basically the equivalent of Corbyn saying;

'I'm not anti semitic, some of my best friends are jews'.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:26]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:29 - Sep 19 with 2778 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:25 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

no, i'm quick to dismiss this particular ageing commie's perspective that's all.

So, like I said, I reads like he's not the right type of Jewish person for you.

It's a genuine question. On the one hand, you believe what one group of Jewish people say when they talk about their experiences, as you should.

Yet on the other hand, you dismiss the experiences of a different group of Jewish people because of their politics. Can communist Jews not experience anti-semitism?

That doesn't seem an odd position to take to you?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:38]

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:31 - Sep 19 with 2769 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:25 - Sep 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh, that's cringey.

Basically the equivalent of Corbyn saying;

'I'm not anti semitic, some of my best friends are jews'.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:26]

Hardly.

Corbyn hasn't said anything. This is a Jewish person saying they support him.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:33 - Sep 19 with 2756 viewsDarth_Koont

He’s a great man. Fantastic writer too if you’ve ever read his short stories.

And pretty clear on the smear campaign against Corbyn. Just Jews are people who are standing up against a narrative. I’d advise people to consider their views as well rather than purely listening to baseless accusations that have gained far too much traction given a distinct lack of evidence.

Otherwise, people are no better than Trump supporters believing what they want to believe.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:38 - Sep 19 with 2733 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:29 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

So, like I said, I reads like he's not the right type of Jewish person for you.

It's a genuine question. On the one hand, you believe what one group of Jewish people say when they talk about their experiences, as you should.

Yet on the other hand, you dismiss the experiences of a different group of Jewish people because of their politics. Can communist Jews not experience anti-semitism?

That doesn't seem an odd position to take to you?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:38]

the fact that a very large number of uk jews, including all of the main uk jewish organisations, have reported anti-semitism from corbyn's supporters is enough. your line seems to be that you'll only take the abuse seriously if every single jew in the uk reports it. it's has to unanimous or you'll ignore it. would you take the same view with sexual harassment? it's all ok cos there are still some women who haven't experienced it yet?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:43 - Sep 19 with 2717 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:38 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

the fact that a very large number of uk jews, including all of the main uk jewish organisations, have reported anti-semitism from corbyn's supporters is enough. your line seems to be that you'll only take the abuse seriously if every single jew in the uk reports it. it's has to unanimous or you'll ignore it. would you take the same view with sexual harassment? it's all ok cos there are still some women who haven't experienced it yet?

Not at all what I am saying, please don't attempt to misrepresent me here.

You dismissed what he said solely because of his political beliefs. You said it yourself. It's in the thread for all to read. I'm asking you why you see fit to dismiss a persons take on bigotry because they have political beliefs you don't like. The value of what a person says, in terms of their own lived experiences, isn't defined by their personal political views. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

If he came out and talked about how he thought there were issues with anti-semitism in the Labour Party, you wouldn't be dismissing them because of his politics, so why do you feel able to that when he offers a different view of his own experiences?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:45]

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:44 - Sep 19 with 2715 viewsfooters

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:38 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

You make out that nothing's been done in the Labour Party to deal with the problem: it has. Painting old Jezza as the next Adolf and goysplaining to actual Jews who have a different view to you is a bit gutter, innit.

Guilt by association, as ever.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 2680 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:43 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Not at all what I am saying, please don't attempt to misrepresent me here.

You dismissed what he said solely because of his political beliefs. You said it yourself. It's in the thread for all to read. I'm asking you why you see fit to dismiss a persons take on bigotry because they have political beliefs you don't like. The value of what a person says, in terms of their own lived experiences, isn't defined by their personal political views. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

If he came out and talked about how he thought there were issues with anti-semitism in the Labour Party, you wouldn't be dismissing them because of his politics, so why do you feel able to that when he offers a different view of his own experiences?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:45]

he comes from a political background which is entirely alien to the labour party. that a 1970s communist supports corbyn is unsurprising - nothing needs explaining. people who are politically aligned with the corbyn sect choose to turn a blind eye to stuff as we know full well on here.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 2680 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:15 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

You evidently know nothing about Sayle’s views on Soviet communism and antisemitism.

Then again, what do you know about anything other than playing party politics? It’s easier to play the man than the ball especially if you don’t know what to do with the ball if you ever got it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 2673 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:44 - Sep 19 by footers

You make out that nothing's been done in the Labour Party to deal with the problem: it has. Painting old Jezza as the next Adolf and goysplaining to actual Jews who have a different view to you is a bit gutter, innit.

Guilt by association, as ever.

very little has been done in the labour party which is why it is being investigated by the ehrc. you're the only one to mention hitler - i think that means you win some sort of prize?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:53 - Sep 19 with 2670 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:51 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

he comes from a political background which is entirely alien to the labour party. that a 1970s communist supports corbyn is unsurprising - nothing needs explaining. people who are politically aligned with the corbyn sect choose to turn a blind eye to stuff as we know full well on here.

You should just agree with me. You're dismissing his experiences because of his politics. Once you actually stop dancing around and admit that we can get down to actually debating it.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:57 - Sep 19 with 2655 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 19:51 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

You evidently know nothing about Sayle’s views on Soviet communism and antisemitism.

Then again, what do you know about anything other than playing party politics? It’s easier to play the man than the ball especially if you don’t know what to do with the ball if you ever got it.

you seem to be the one with the party political allegiance. you also come across as an angry and abusive person.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 20:06 - Sep 19 with 2630 viewswkj

I'm sorry, but I find some of the debate on here atrocious. Fighting in the name of anti racism and religious stereotypes is admirable, and should always be challenged. However, some of what is being said is disgusting as its trying to use a contentious issue to bolster political opinion. Utterly shameful.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024