Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? 16:01 - Sep 19 with 8593 viewsBrixtonBlue

Today, I sent a mass email where I CC-d everyone instead of BCC-ing them. Around 130 people who, instead of receiving a personal email, could now see everyone else. We're talking very important people in my industry, in terms of getting employment. I wanted to die.

It didn't actually turn out too bad, and the replies I got from people with their own stories of email mess-ups were brilliant, and helped me feel a little better about myself. One in particular told of a colleague who accidentally ‘replied all’ on a client email. It read “Argh. I wish she would just f*ck off!” The client, a massive global brand you’ve all heard of, then did exactly that.

My f*ck up was nothing in comparison.

Anyone else got any email embarrassment stories?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:02 - Sep 19 with 7116 viewsSpruceMoose

Not on email but Footers once 'accidentally' Whatsapped wkj and myself a photo of his knob.

Had to burn that phone. Literally.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:06 - Sep 19 with 7092 viewsJ2BLUE

Twice.

Once I sent an email about how I really didn't want a specific person to come to an event I was having and then sent it to them...

Second time, to an ex who was a red head and extremely sensitive about it I sent her an email calling my boss a ginger tw@t. As soon as I hit send I thought F**K as she was mental.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:07 - Sep 19 with 7082 viewsBlueastheycome

Not totally relevant to the OP but I accidentally WhatsApp messaged my manager at the time a picture of my poo down the toilet when I should have sent a print screen of google maps directions. It was a decent turd though.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 16:09]
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:07 - Sep 19 with 7081 viewswkj

Worst email I ever sent was "yes" when I was asked to do over time. From then on in I was the first one they went to, and got the arse if I said no

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:11 - Sep 19 with 7039 viewsfooters

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:02 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Not on email but Footers once 'accidentally' Whatsapped wkj and myself a photo of his knob.

Had to burn that phone. Literally.

Why do you spread these malicious lies?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:12 - Sep 19 with 7039 viewsActionMan

I sent this to my family the evening before the 7/7 bombings and awoke to a barrage of abuse to those who didn't check the time I sent it.

Top that.
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:12 - Sep 19 with 7030 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:11 - Sep 19 by footers

You take the time to send them a picture of a perfectly cooked cocktail sausage and this is how he repays you. Sickening.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:13 - Sep 19 with 7015 viewswkj

Exactly, spruce never deleted anything, let alone burn it.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 16:14]

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:16 - Sep 19 with 6997 viewswkj

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:12 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

You take the time to send them a picture of a perfectly cooked cocktail sausage and this is how he repays you. Sickening.

Say what you like about Footers except question the size of his tackle. As per usual, the universe gifted someone with a sizeable package but no one ever lets him close enough to use it.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 16:17]

Crybaby

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:28 - Sep 19 with 6944 viewshomer_123

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:07 - Sep 19 by wkj

Worst email I ever sent was "yes" when I was asked to do over time. From then on in I was the first one they went to, and got the arse if I said no

You've never offered to over time in your life.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:29 - Sep 19 with 6951 viewsITFC1983

Not email but I once was having a conversation via text with my then girlfriend's best friend. I then accidentally sent my reply to my girlfriend that basically said if I was single I would want to be with the best friend! A very awkward conversation was then had with my girlfriend who some how let me get away with it!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 16:30]

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:32 - Sep 19 with 6935 viewsRocky

A friend once sent a photo of herself on holiday.
I replied "You look really fit."
Too late, I realised I had put an a instead of an i.
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:33 - Sep 19 with 6913 viewsconnorscontract

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 16:06 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Twice.

Once I sent an email about how I really didn't want a specific person to come to an event I was having and then sent it to them...

Second time, to an ex who was a red head and extremely sensitive about it I sent her an email calling my boss a ginger tw@t. As soon as I hit send I thought F**K as she was mental.

David O'Doherty has a great song about this (from 23 seconds in...)

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 18:15 - Sep 19 with 6678 viewsTerra_Farma

Footers, don't be a knob, i'm sure it's lovely x
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 18:25 - Sep 19 with 6656 viewsDubtractor

Mines text rather than email.

Last year I had a job interview and afterwards texted my girlfriend to say I thought it had gone ok.

Only I didn't text my girlfriend. I texted my boss. My boss who had just interviewed me.

Fortunately I didn't brag in any way (not really my style), and secondly in turns out I had knocked it out the park and got the job.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 19:07 - Sep 19 with 6557 viewsFunge

Had it the other way round.

Dealing with a bloke on the end of the phone, who, in fairness, had done quite a lot of preparation for something for me, and ended up not getting the business.

Gave him the Dear John, got an email later to addressed to 'Kirsty' (?) saying 'That timewasting nob Funge has done it again'...
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 22:41 - Sep 19 with 6230 viewsjeera

1) I forwarded an email to St Ed Council - meant for a friend - slagging off someone at the council I'd had recent correspondence with, calling him a c***.

I did think he was a c*** so I suppose it didn't really matter, but I was embarrassed if I'm honest.

2) I phoned a colleague to have a moan about another colleague and mistakenly rang the fecker I was moaning about. I was quite some time into a considerable rant before he managed to get a word in and tell me.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 22:52]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 07:07 - Sep 20 with 5921 viewsJonnas

I once emailed the CFO of the company I work for. I was in a bit of a hurry and I got the letters of his name in the wrong order. His name was Alan...
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 07:46 - Sep 20 with 5818 viewsIPS_wich

I once sent a very important client an email saying 'Thank you for the help you've given us...'; except the letter 'l' is below' the letter 'p' on the keyboard and I hadn't typed help!!!

Similar but not a typo. About 18 years ago my wife gave her Dad her old mobile phone. Before she gave it to him she'd saved her text messages to her sim card for her new phone, but didn't realise they were still saved on the phone. (For those who've only ever known smart phones, there wasn't the notion of a profile on the phone or a 'reset to factory settings' option.) Anyway, we'd only been married a couple of years at that point and I'd spent quite a bit of time working away from home. Let's just say there were a couple of message exchanges that no parent would ever want to read - let alone a father of his daughter!!! The only saving grace in hindsight is that the phone she gave him was the last one she had without a camera on it!!
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 7:46]
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 09:41 - Sep 20 with 5695 viewsDecoy_Octopus

My worst was I once sent an email out to my boss and some clients that ended

Thanks,

Kind Retards.

I meant Regards obviously as the g is below the t.

Now I've got it set on my autocorrect so if I type it again it'll change automatically
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 9:42]
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 09:43 - Sep 20 with 5678 viewsSwansea_Blue

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 09:41 - Sep 20 by Decoy_Octopus

Thanks,

Kind Retards.

Now I've got it set on my autocorrect so if I type it again it'll change automatically

I might start doing that as a matter of course!

See ya later retards...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 10:50 - Sep 20 with 5606 viewsOxford_Blue

Isn’t that a data breach under the GDPR?
What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 10:57 - Sep 20 with 5588 viewswkj

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 10:50 - Sep 20 by Oxford_Blue

Isn’t that a data breach under the GDPR?

Depends if it got to the public domain and if the email server was hosted on a public route or not.

Crybaby

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 11:02 - Sep 20 with 5567 viewswkj

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 10:57 - Sep 20 by wkj

Depends if it got to the public domain and if the email server was hosted on a public route or not.

Oh, and of course it doesn't look like any exchange of pu loc data was part of the email chain in this scenario

Crybaby

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 11:05 - Sep 20 with 5556 viewsSteve_M

What's the worst you've fecked up on an email? on 09:41 - Sep 20 by Decoy_Octopus

Thanks,

Kind Retards.

Not quite that stark but when one of my colleagues started working for me , he spent the best part of a week sending e-mails ending with "Burgers" rather than "Best regards".

He was mortified but auto-correct kept doing it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024