Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frozen shoulder 13:56 - Sep 19 with 2945 viewsMaySixth

pain in the.....shoulder

anyone suffered it?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Frozen shoulder on 16:08 - Sep 19 with 715 viewsBasuco

Physio fixed mine for me, well he worked on it once a week and then I had to do the exercises every day with a large rubber band. Very painful and took 8 weeks of pain to get better.
Frozen shoulder on 16:51 - Sep 19 with 692 viewsMaySixth

Frozen shoulder on 14:01 - Sep 19 by Blackboots

Yes about 4 years ago. You have my sympathy, it’s horrible. You lose some things you take for granted like putting a jacket on or getting comfortable in bed.

How long have you had it? First few months are the worst, it then improves and the discomfort goes although the restriction remains. Eventually it just goes. Takes well over a year though unfortunately.

Had it nearly two months
Can't sleep

Frozen shoulder on 16:52 - Sep 19 with 691 viewsMaySixth

Frozen shoulder on 14:04 - Sep 19 by JamestownPrince

Hi, have you had a physio appointment, my Shoulders had issues for years on and off after cricket issues, it went again badky a few months ago and Doc said "Froxen Shoulder" - went to Physio and it was just impingments - physio sorted it

Cheers - got a physio appointment early Saturday

Frozen shoulder on 16:54 - Sep 19 with 690 viewsMaySixth

Frozen shoulder on 15:51 - Sep 19 by RobTheMonk

Go and see a physiotherapist. They can assess your range of movement, figure out what's causing the issue and give you exercises to help improve and stabilise the joint.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 17:52]

Cheers - seeing them first thing Saturday.

I know exactly when it happened - throwing a stone out to sea with my two boys - I think I simply used a joint/muscle that I haven't used since last playing cricket 20 years ago

Frozen shoulder on 17:07 - Sep 19 with 685 viewsKeaneish

Loads from boxing due to constant use, which i normally get in my rotator cuff. Best way i can get rid of it is to find the tender spot (which is normally either muscular or nerve) and put my weight on it using a golf ball to get right in the spot to ease the tension.

Might help. Hurts like hell so go easy and build up to it maybe with a softer ball but works a charm.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Frozen shoulder on 17:17 - Sep 19 with 677 viewsJamestownPrince

Frozen shoulder on 16:52 - Sep 19 by MaySixth

Cheers - got a physio appointment early Saturday

Good luck, I first did mine (right shoulder) hooking a short ball (never wore a helmet) whilst awaiting a runner as it was early season, I was a tailender and I had done my hamstring. Two weeks later I thought I was ok, had a bowl (leg spinner) and .......... I then had issues of it "going" over a few years doing "day to day" things, I have had to pull out of darts games and comps due to it...

June, woke up one morning in agony and couldnt move it, Naxproxin / codine, rest and physio sorted it out. It will probably give me more issues as the Xray has showed Arthritus, I no longer play / rarely play cricket these days and I'm giving darts another season or 2. Almost 47 and need to look after the old bones and joints!

Another forum member mention the "therabands" these are great for the exercises.

The stupid thing is I fractured my left shoulder 9 years ago slipping on stairs and tore the "rotator cuff tendons" - I avoided a nasty op due to realisation and rest , that was agony in the first 2 weeks but since then I have had no problems!
Frozen shoulder on 19:00 - Sep 19 with 658 viewsLeoMuff

Frozen shoulder on 16:51 - Sep 19 by MaySixth

Had it nearly two months
Can't sleep

Now it seems other posters will disagree but if it’s a true frozen shoulder it has defined stages and if it’s in the painful stage there is nothing physio can do, pain relief is the way forwards and lots of it.

Once it enters the frozen stage where it’s not painful but very stiff, that’s when physio will work, physio when in the acute painful stage will only make it more painful.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Frozen shoulder on 19:31 - Sep 19 with 654 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Frozen shoulder on 16:54 - Sep 19 by MaySixth

Cheers - seeing them first thing Saturday.

I know exactly when it happened - throwing a stone out to sea with my two boys - I think I simply used a joint/muscle that I haven't used since last playing cricket 20 years ago

Are you sure you haven't just strained a muscle in your shoulder/rotator cuff tendon etc? How/why are you diagnosing it as frozen shoulder?

Interested in knowing what the physio says at the weekend.

Edit - Just seen you said you've had issues for 2 months.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:47]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024