Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frozen shoulder 13:56 - Sep 19 with 2937 viewsMaySixth

pain in the.....shoulder

anyone suffered it?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Frozen shoulder on 13:59 - Sep 19 with 2213 viewshomer_123

Plenty of cold shoulders.

Just how much have you managed to annoy your other half then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Frozen shoulder on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 2209 viewsBlackboots

Yes about 4 years ago. You have my sympathy, it’s horrible. You lose some things you take for granted like putting a jacket on or getting comfortable in bed.

How long have you had it? First few months are the worst, it then improves and the discomfort goes although the restriction remains. Eventually it just goes. Takes well over a year though unfortunately.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Frozen shoulder on 14:04 - Sep 19 with 2197 viewsJamestownPrince

Hi, have you had a physio appointment, my Shoulders had issues for years on and off after cricket issues, it went again badky a few months ago and Doc said "Froxen Shoulder" - went to Physio and it was just impingments - physio sorted it
Frozen shoulder on 14:06 - Sep 19 with 2188 viewsBlue_Order

Get yourself in the microwave, mate.
Frozen shoulder on 14:08 - Sep 19 with 2186 viewsfooters

Ask Ryorry.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Frozen shoulder on 14:20 - Sep 19 with 2150 viewsChurchman

Yep, had one after falling awkwardly skiing. It’s flipping painful and inhibiting. Basically it gets gradually worse before it gets better. I sympathise. The best thing I did after diagnosis was go to a good physio. He was brutal it’s but really worked wonders for me.
Frozen shoulder on 14:22 - Sep 19 with 2143 viewsSenatorBlue

A couple of years ago my GP and A&E advised I had a frozen shoulder - absolute agony, lots of painkillers and could hardly move that arm. A few weeks of this and I finally got to see a consultant at Ipswich hospital, and after some scans turns out I had calcification inside the shoulder joint. 7 very long needles later, they broke it up - fine since. I now have a straight through to that consultant, because I'm told its the sort of thing that tends to return.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:24]
Frozen shoulder on 14:25 - Sep 19 with 2132 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 14:08 - Sep 19 by footers

Ask Ryorry.

Needless baiting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Frozen shoulder on 14:27 - Sep 19 with 2129 viewsfooters

Frozen shoulder on 14:25 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Needless baiting.

And who's that remark coming from? Oh, it's the forum's biggest master baiter. Surprise, surprise.

What a story.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:28]

Frozen shoulder on 14:28 - Sep 19 with 2126 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 14:27 - Sep 19 by footers

And who's that remark coming from? Oh, it's the forum's biggest master baiter. Surprise, surprise.

What a story.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:28]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Frozen shoulder on 14:44 - Sep 19 with 2084 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes. Didn't last for a year though. I was put on the most fantastically trippy painkillers the size of horse suppositories for a week or so and then it slowly subsided after about a month (might have been more, but can't remember it was a long time ago. Certainly wasn't anywhere near a year).

It's not pleasant so you have my sympathies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frozen shoulder on 15:32 - Sep 19 with 2034 viewsblueislander

I have had both shoulders replaced. Very successful with slight restriction of movement, but absolutely no pain. First one was done about 15 years ago, so it is a lasting solution.
Frozen shoulder on 15:33 - Sep 19 with 2032 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 15:32 - Sep 19 by blueislander

I have had both shoulders replaced. Very successful with slight restriction of movement, but absolutely no pain. First one was done about 15 years ago, so it is a lasting solution.

What did you have them replaced with?

Frozen shoulder on 15:38 - Sep 19 with 2025 viewsblueislander

Frozen shoulder on 15:33 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

What did you have them replaced with?

At the risk of being whooped, I will answer. The shoulder joint is replaced by a prosthetic joint, as with a hip replacement.
Frozen shoulder on 15:43 - Sep 19 with 2020 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 15:38 - Sep 19 by blueislander

At the risk of being whooped, I will answer. The shoulder joint is replaced by a prosthetic joint, as with a hip replacement.

I hope it went well and you're doing good with it. I would have gone for a T-Shirt canon on one arm. Might not have worked out as well.

Frozen shoulder on 15:48 - Sep 19 with 2006 viewsblueislander

Frozen shoulder on 15:43 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

I hope it went well and you're doing good with it. I would have gone for a T-Shirt canon on one arm. Might not have worked out as well.

Cheers. Both were very successful. I am currently wearing a large surgical boot following surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles’ tendon. I am an orthopedic surgeons dream.
Frozen shoulder on 15:49 - Sep 19 with 2004 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 15:48 - Sep 19 by blueislander

Cheers. Both were very successful. I am currently wearing a large surgical boot following surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles’ tendon. I am an orthopedic surgeons dream.

Weird question, when you rupture your achilles, does one end ping up by your calf/knee area?

Frozen shoulder on 15:51 - Sep 19 with 1999 viewsRobTheMonk

Go and see a physiotherapist. They can assess your range of movement, figure out what's causing the issue and give you exercises to help improve and stabilise the joint.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 17:52]
Frozen shoulder on 15:53 - Sep 19 with 1995 viewsblueislander

Frozen shoulder on 15:49 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Weird question, when you rupture your achilles, does one end ping up by your calf/knee area?

That does happen when it snaps I believe. In my case it was a process of small tears until it finally ruptured. The gap was only 2.5cm.
Frozen shoulder on 15:54 - Sep 19 with 1992 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frozen shoulder on 15:49 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

If you rupture your calf it does (unless you get it fixed). I've a hole in my calf with a slight bulge after tearing the main muscle.

I suspect an achilles would too if it snapped, but you'd have to get it fixed if you wanted to walk again. I guess?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frozen shoulder on 15:55 - Sep 19 with 1991 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 15:53 - Sep 19 by blueislander

That does happen when it snaps I believe. In my case it was a process of small tears until it finally ruptured. The gap was only 2.5cm.

2.5cm still sounds big enough to bring tears to my eyes! Your life as a stuntman seems fraught with danger!

Frozen shoulder on 15:58 - Sep 19 with 1985 viewsblueislander

Frozen shoulder on 15:55 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

2.5cm still sounds big enough to bring tears to my eyes! Your life as a stuntman seems fraught with danger!

Yep. As I have two prosthetic hips , a prosthetic knee, and a large titanium block with screws in the bottom of my back in addition to the shoulders,the number of stunts I can perform is somewhat limited
Frozen shoulder on 15:59 - Sep 19 with 1981 viewsfooters

Frozen shoulder on 15:58 - Sep 19 by blueislander

Yep. As I have two prosthetic hips , a prosthetic knee, and a large titanium block with screws in the bottom of my back in addition to the shoulders,the number of stunts I can perform is somewhat limited

Oh I don't know, I quite enjoyed your performance as RoboCop.

Frozen shoulder on 15:59 - Sep 19 with 1980 viewsSpruceMoose

Frozen shoulder on 15:58 - Sep 19 by blueislander

It doesn;t sound like there are many stunts you haven't performed with thaqt list of injuries! You're worst off than Tom Adeyemi!

Frozen shoulder on 16:04 - Sep 19 with 1968 viewsblueislander

Frozen shoulder on 15:59 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

It doesn;t sound like there are many stunts you haven't performed with thaqt list of injuries! You're worst off than Tom Adeyemi!

A bit older than him though. The need for surgery was not because of injuries. Just old age, wear and tear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024