Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... 17:13 - Sep 18 with 5424 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cynical political posturing or a gesture of national healing....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/18/caroline-lucas-lib-dems-revoke-

....discuss.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 21:41 - Sep 18 with 2974 viewsMugwump

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 18:05 - Sep 18 by Basuco

I think the Green Party line is much more of a vote winner in that it respects the first vote to leave but calls a second referendum on the actual terms of the leave deal, or no deal, so rather than vote on the concept of leave or remain, we will know precisely what leave or remain will actually mean. Not £350 million a week diverted from the EU to fun the NHS and stop immigration as promised by Boris, this proved to be a great vote winner but a lie.

When have they said that? It’s not what Caroline Lucas said yesterday.

Whatever happens this stupid mess isn’t going to go away for a generation.
Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 2958 viewsWeWereZombies

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 21:41 - Sep 18 by Mugwump

When have they said that? It’s not what Caroline Lucas said yesterday.

Whatever happens this stupid mess isn’t going to go away for a generation.

It might go away - if the generation most affected by it all decide to emigrate...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:14 - Sep 18 with 2952 viewsMugwump

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:01 - Sep 18 by WeWereZombies

It might go away - if the generation most affected by it all decide to emigrate...

By which time the generation (mostly) who voted for it will be dead so we will be back to square one.
Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 06:52 - Sep 19 with 2916 viewsDarth_Koont

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 18:05 - Sep 18 by Basuco

I think the Green Party line is much more of a vote winner in that it respects the first vote to leave but calls a second referendum on the actual terms of the leave deal, or no deal, so rather than vote on the concept of leave or remain, we will know precisely what leave or remain will actually mean. Not £350 million a week diverted from the EU to fun the NHS and stop immigration as promised by Boris, this proved to be a great vote winner but a lie.

That's the Labour position too.

The LibDem and Conservative/Brexit Party approach of ignoring one side of the debate just seems a way of fishing for votes where they most need them rather than a sensible way forward for the country.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 08:10 - Sep 19 with 2882 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 17:19 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

Brilliant way to get lots of votes without achieving power. It will give their stance leverage.

What is cynical is Swinson backing the second referendum while openly admitting she wouldn't accept the result if leave won again.

Seems to be having the desired effect

Lib Dem’s up 4 points to second.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 08:15 - Sep 19 with 2876 viewsWeWereZombies

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 08:10 - Sep 19 by GlasgowBlue

Seems to be having the desired effect

Lib Dem’s up 4 points to second.

Mainly at the expense of the Greens, although your poll is not so much Britain Elects as England Elects. Sure the SNP would poll much higher than unplaced and it would be interesting to find out if the strengthened Lib Dem position is having any effect on the Nats. I did get a Lib Dem pamphlet through the door yesterday so they have at least woken up in Skye and Lochaber.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 08:34 - Sep 19 with 2856 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 08:15 - Sep 19 by WeWereZombies

Mainly at the expense of the Greens, although your poll is not so much Britain Elects as England Elects. Sure the SNP would poll much higher than unplaced and it would be interesting to find out if the strengthened Lib Dem position is having any effect on the Nats. I did get a Lib Dem pamphlet through the door yesterday so they have at least woken up in Skye and Lochaber.

Britain Elects publish all U.K. political opinion polls. This particular poll is by YouGov. It’s not “my” poll.

It’s also a U.K. wide Westminster voting intention poll. Not England only. As the SNP only stand candidates in Scotland their share of the vote is very small on a UK basis. It’s usually about 3%.

Iron Lion Zion

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 12:49 - Sep 19 with 2802 viewsRyorry

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 06:52 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

That's the Labour position too.

The LibDem and Conservative/Brexit Party approach of ignoring one side of the debate just seems a way of fishing for votes where they most need them rather than a sensible way forward for the country.

Roaming reporter on NE regional news last night asked multiple people on street what Labour's position on Brexit is right now - every single one shook their heads & said they had no idea, one asking why, had they changed it again? & what it was previously, never mind now!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 12:59 - Sep 19 with 2788 viewsDarth_Koont

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 12:49 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

Roaming reporter on NE regional news last night asked multiple people on street what Labour's position on Brexit is right now - every single one shook their heads & said they had no idea, one asking why, had they changed it again? & what it was previously, never mind now!

That's because the mantra is that they don't have a position.

No doubt it has evolved but so have the LibDems' and the Conservatives' official positions.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 13:00]

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:15 - Sep 19 with 2758 viewsitfcjoe

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 20:22 - Sep 18 by wkj

This constituency lives and bleeds Dan Poulter to an almost cult like status as he has Dr in his name, so I don't see much changing, thank god he remains on the back benches he'd be a truly awful minister.

I've never seen or heard anything from him locally - guess I live too close to Ipswich for him to care even though he is my MP

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:33 - Sep 19 with 2734 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 12:49 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

Here’s a good game. In three words describe the three main parties policy on Brexit.

Lib Dem’s = Revoke article fifty
Tories =Leave by November
Labour?

Iron Lion Zion

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:34 - Sep 19 with 2728 viewsitfcjoe

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:33 - Sep 19 by GlasgowBlue

Here’s a good game. In three words describe the three main parties policy on Brexit.

Labour?

Labour - Find out soon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:36 - Sep 19 with 2720 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour?

You forgot to mention the Lib Dems want a second referendum too. And Tories want/don't want a No deal Brexit at random times.

Apart from that, clear as day.

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:44 - Sep 19 with 2677 viewslowhouseblue

Labour?

labour =

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:45 - Sep 19 with 2673 viewsDarth_Koont

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:44 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

labour =

Only the wilfully stupid/disingenuous can't see that Labour's position is Renegotiate or Remain

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 2664 viewslowhouseblue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:45 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

Only the wilfully stupid/disingenuous can't see that Labour's position is Renegotiate or Remain

so, yeah, but no, but, then.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:52 - Sep 19 with 2647 viewsDarth_Koont

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:46 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

so, yeah, but no, but, then.

It's pretty straightforward isn't it? How else do you address the concerns of the people who voted in the referendum rather than just going after your soft electoral targets?

Stop trying to dumb down stuff into yes/no, black/white soundbites. That's the politics that has gotten us into this mess.

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:57 - Sep 19 with 2635 viewslowhouseblue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:52 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

It's pretty straightforward isn't it? How else do you address the concerns of the people who voted in the referendum rather than just going after your soft electoral targets?

Stop trying to dumb down stuff into yes/no, black/white soundbites. That's the politics that has gotten us into this mess.

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 14:48 - Sep 19 with 2600 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:45 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

Or both.

Iron Lion Zion

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 17:21 - Sep 19 with 2555 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 13:57 - Sep 19 by lowhouseblue

<<<<<<<<<<<BREAKING>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeremy Corbyn explains his Brexit policy to both remainers and leavers

Iron Lion Zion

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 17:47 - Sep 19 with 2535 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 17:21 - Sep 19 by GlasgowBlue

<<<<<<<<<<<BREAKING>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeremy Corbyn explains his Brexit policy to both remainers and leavers

Which is what you do when trying to fix a fractured society is it not.

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 19:21 - Sep 19 with 2514 viewsDarth_Koont

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 14:48 - Sep 19 by GlasgowBlue

Or both.

Of course. Why are you so confused? Renegotiation doesn’t necessarily mean a better deal than we have now as EU members, just that everything points to doing a better job than the Conservatives have (mis)managed over the past three years. For nothing but political posturing, it seems.

Mind you, you were wrong about Brexit from day one. And now you’re still looking for a party political solution. You should quit while you’re still not ridiculously behind.

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:02 - Sep 19 with 2475 viewsbaxterbasics

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 21:23 - Sep 18 by WeWereZombies

Swinson has already said she will not have Corbyn or Johnson in a coalition government, whether she holds to that if they refuse to budge if a coalition negotiation takes place is more moot but she has at least set out her shop to exclude a couple of the biggest obstacles to finding a solution to this mess. And that could be another vote winner.

I respect the lib dems now for at least being honest and clear in their policy. Every single MP calling for a 2nd ref / peoples vote is full of it. The bonus is that with Labour continuing to fudge and trying to be all things to all people, they are getting squeezed in the middle.

I'm a leave voter & Tory party member, I would take a Lib Dem revoke over a Corbyn government every time. The Momentum mob grabbing power is the worst possible outcome of all this.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:27 - Sep 19 with 2451 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:02 - Sep 19 by baxterbasics

I respect the lib dems now for at least being honest and clear in their policy. Every single MP calling for a 2nd ref / peoples vote is full of it. The bonus is that with Labour continuing to fudge and trying to be all things to all people, they are getting squeezed in the middle.

I'm a leave voter & Tory party member, I would take a Lib Dem revoke over a Corbyn government every time. The Momentum mob grabbing power is the worst possible outcome of all this.

#confused.com

Lib Dem stance on article 50 revocation..... on 22:32 - Sep 19 with 2446 viewseireblue

Labour?

Calculated Ambiguity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024