Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation was a mistake... 15:10 - Sep 18 with 5914 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Shouldn't have happened. Can't work out why it happened. All just one massive mistake that shouldn't have happened. We're far too good for this level of football, and we've not even found our stride yet.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Relegation was a mistake... on 20:18 - Sep 18 with 878 viewsMullet

Relegation was a mistake... on 20:04 - Sep 18 by Stewart27

Evans is a disease but Mick’s style of football was the lowest point of my town supporting life.

He was happy to take his pay cheque knowing that he saved little Ipswich from relegation. I wish what we are doing now happened 4 years ago and I can blot the memories of 10k crowds and hearing a pin drop at PR from my memory. I can’t and his tenure still hurts.

I couldn’t give a sh!t about staying in the championship being an also ran. It was turgid.

I wish my life had been that easy if that's so. Let alone missing last season like you must have.

Winning Div 3. should be beneath us, that was the whole point of the animosity to McCarthy in the first place after all which is quickly brushed aside, or did those bedsheets which started off all the bad blood and the abuse not happen? He was meant to be holding us back, when in fact it turned out to be Marcus.

Mick's style was lauded when he was given the funds to make it competitive, that again comes back to you know who.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Relegation was a mistake... on 20:34 - Sep 18 with 862 viewsjaykay

Relegation was a mistake... on 15:34 - Sep 18 by PositivelyPortman

McCarthy is why it happened. If he’d have ticked along, as in his first couple of seasons, all would have been sweet. There’ll be those that will deny it, but at least 80% wanted him gone as he’d totally lost it. Playing ludicrous formations with some of his worse acquisitions constantly, and then swearing at the very people that paid for his enormous salary.
I loved him and his cheery quips for the first couple of years, how he rescued us from the jaws of relegation that first year I’ll never understand. He left us in a dire state in the end.
Thank god PL has pulled the players, fans and management together again. Over 3,600 fans at a Tuesday evening match is testament to the power of good management and PR.

i will give you due, you showed your were fishing at the bottom of your post and you had at least a half a dozen bites

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Relegation was a mistake... on 20:43 - Sep 18 with 851 viewsjeera

Relegation was a mistake... on 20:34 - Sep 18 by jaykay

i will give you due, you showed your were fishing at the bottom of your post and you had at least a half a dozen bites

I couldn't help myself despite the clear and obvious warning.

And it's just the sort of thing I point to when Fishers does it and others pile in.

I s'pose we all like to have our say, which is what leads us here to begin with.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Relegation was a mistake... on 21:42 - Sep 18 with 806 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

Relegation was a mistake... on 19:58 - Sep 18 by manchego

None of that makes sense but I'm completely with you.
Winning !
Clean Sheets !
Top of the League ! ( or second or something )
Away Fans being bonkers !
Looking forward to the next match !

Yeah, the cause does not equate the fan response. Quite proud of our fan base to be honest.
Relegation was a mistake... on 22:14 - Sep 18 with 788 viewsGuthrum

Relegation was a mistake... on 19:22 - Sep 18 by FromIpswichToPhoenix

This was the best thing to happen to the club in a long time. I can't remember the last time I've seen fans so positive and so united. Increased attendance at games both home and away. Positive results on the pitch. This was the shot in the arm we needed. If we can keep this pace up, we can get auto promotion and really give the Championship a go with a team that has finally gelled together. Personally, this is the most optimistic I've been able the club in a while. And certainly more appreciative after seeing what happened to Bury.

It's the reaction to relegation which has been the best thing to happen to the club for many years, not relegation itself.

Could have been a shambles, with infighting, bitterness, recriminations, financial problems, getting stuck in L1 (or even declining further).

Instead we've pulled together, created a great atmosphere, kept hold of a decent squad, judiciously augmented and are riding high.

It didn't need us to drop a division. All that could have happened without doing so - indeed the atmosphere and sense of together ness were already developing last season, thanks to Blue Action and a manager who understood how to make it work. McCarthy showed in 2014-15 we could win games and make the play-offs with what we had available. We could have put that together in the Championship just as well, except that all the parts were not there at the same time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Relegation was a mistake... on 22:15 - Sep 18 with 787 viewscharlie1

Relegation was a mistake... on 15:34 - Sep 18 by PositivelyPortman

McCarthy is why it happened. If he’d have ticked along, as in his first couple of seasons, all would have been sweet. There’ll be those that will deny it, but at least 80% wanted him gone as he’d totally lost it. Playing ludicrous formations with some of his worse acquisitions constantly, and then swearing at the very people that paid for his enormous salary.
I loved him and his cheery quips for the first couple of years, how he rescued us from the jaws of relegation that first year I’ll never understand. He left us in a dire state in the end.
Thank god PL has pulled the players, fans and management together again. Over 3,600 fans at a Tuesday evening match is testament to the power of good management and PR.

Nope.

You’ve lost objectivity.

His formations, turgid football, sweariness etc. was responsible for mid-table mediocrity and a horrible indifference about the club.

But if you look at the squad Hurst inherited I think it’s widely accepted that we were one or two astute signings and a change of style/attitude away from pushing on and becoming a force again in the championship.

Hurst threw the baby, his rattle, dummy and favourite blanket out with the bath water which is why we are where we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024