Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"There's no press here" 13:43 - Sep 18 with 8086 viewsSteve_M

Can our Prime Minister ever stop lying even for a moment?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"There's no press here" on 22:52 - Sep 18 with 2337 viewsjeera

"There's no press here" on 15:23 - Sep 18 by brazil1982

A Labour Activist who just happened to be there at that time....

Absolutely tw@ttish thing to say under the circumstances.

Shame on you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"There's no press here" on 07:19 - Sep 19 with 2262 viewsKropotkin123

There's no post here

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

"There's no press here" on 14:31 - Sep 19 with 2168 viewsbazgammon

why are people downvoting this, its true. the guy is a labour activist. this board has become politically biased. it seems fine for people to insult others but heaven help if you have the wrong opinion people get banned for using similar language which others get away with scot free. no wonder so many good posters have gone from here as its become an anti Brexit and left wing bias board when it comes to non football threads

Poll: Lambert

(No subject) on 14:35 - Sep 19 with 2156 viewsartsbossbeard

"There's no press here" on 14:31 - Sep 19 by bazgammon

why are people downvoting this, its true. the guy is a labour activist. this board has become politically biased. it seems fine for people to insult others but heaven help if you have the wrong opinion people get banned for using similar language which others get away with scot free. no wonder so many good posters have gone from here as its become an anti Brexit and left wing bias board when it comes to non football threads

You missed out the bit where you hoped that his kid recovers soon and returns home. And that your thoughts are with him and his family.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:36]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

(No subject) on 14:35 - Sep 19 with 2154 viewsSpruceMoose

To be honest, if not being left wing makes you the kind of person who sees an activist as having inherently invalid political opinions, in addition to seeing an activist as being untitled to be upset over the conditions his child is being treated in, on top of not caring that our Prime Minister just can not stop lying to peoples faces, then I'm glad I'm not in political unison with you.

If this was some right wing activist ranting and raving in Gordon Brown's face I can only wonder at all the things you wouldn't have to say about that.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"There's no press here" on 14:47 - Sep 19 with 2114 viewsJ2BLUE

That came across as a Little Britain sketch. Now we know what Sir Bernard Chumley did after Little Britain.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) on 14:49 - Sep 19 with 2105 viewsSpruceMoose

"There's no press here" on 14:47 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

That came across as a Little Britain sketch. Now we know what Sir Bernard Chumley did after Little Britain.

The model that most local government Conservatives are based on, and that most Conservative voters look up to.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

FFS on 14:56 - Sep 19 with 2090 viewsDyland

Johnson instinctively responds with a ridiculous lie. It's so ridiculous it's surreal. The man is a contemptible prick. He's as bad as Trump.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with Brexit or left wing or right wing. There are a handful of hardcore Remain posters on here who I agree are incredibly antagonistic and I also find that tedious, but they are a small minority.

The issue here, and for once we can very correctly call it an "issue", is that the leader of our nation is a pathological liar. He can't help himself. It's so brazen and he's SUCH a stupid fooking idiot that people seem, utterly bizarrely, stupidly and contemptibly, to cheer him on even MORE. It boils my fooking piss.

There are millions who voted Remain who accept the referendum and would like a sensible deal to leave the EU. This well heeled spiv is not the person to make that happen.

If you can't see this I don't know what else to say.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 15:01 - Sep 19 with 2056 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's true, but utterly irrelevant to the points that were being made. The issue being raised was about the fate of the NHS under Tory control. Go and look up the performance metrics if you don't believe anyone who raised concerns.

Or listen to one of the doctors who actually works in that hospital where Boris had his staged photoshoot (the one he lied about without a second thought, and which is the other issue here):
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/18/the-harsh-reality-of-underfundin
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 15:03]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FFS on 15:02 - Sep 19 with 2055 viewsSpruceMoose

FFS on 14:56 - Sep 19 by Dyland

Johnson instinctively responds with a ridiculous lie. It's so ridiculous it's surreal. The man is a contemptible prick. He's as bad as Trump.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with Brexit or left wing or right wing. There are a handful of hardcore Remain posters on here who I agree are incredibly antagonistic and I also find that tedious, but they are a small minority.

The issue here, and for once we can very correctly call it an "issue", is that the leader of our nation is a pathological liar. He can't help himself. It's so brazen and he's SUCH a stupid fooking idiot that people seem, utterly bizarrely, stupidly and contemptibly, to cheer him on even MORE. It boils my fooking piss.

There are millions who voted Remain who accept the referendum and would like a sensible deal to leave the EU. This well heeled spiv is not the person to make that happen.

If you can't see this I don't know what else to say.

The very fact that his first instinct to get out of a tough spot is to lie tells you everything there is to know about him.

indeed (n/t) on 15:10 - Sep 19 with 2026 viewsDyland

FFS on 15:02 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

The very fact that his first instinct to get out of a tough spot is to lie tells you everything there is to know about him.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

indeed (n/t) on 15:11 - Sep 19 with 2017 viewsSpruceMoose

indeed (n/t) on 15:10 - Sep 19 by Dyland

His first instinct isn't 'How can I help this fella?' or 'What can I learn from this bloke's experiences?' it's 'Sh!t quick Boris, how can I get this pleb to stop shouting and making me look bad?'

"There's no press here" on 15:40 - Sep 19 with 1978 viewsconnorscontract

He "happened to be there at that time" because his kid was in a bed in that ward!

What are you saying, exactly?

The child of a Labour Party member isn't entitled to decent treatment in an NHS hospital?

A parent of a child who hasn't received adequate care isn't entitled to say anything if they are a Labour Party member?

The parent of the child had every right to be there. The only people who didn't, and who were taking NHS staff away from their proper duties, were the Tory Party Activist with the brow-beaten look, and, as usual, no answers, and his spin doctors. He was the one trying to make political capital, this parent was refusing him the opportunity to use his child for a photo-op.
"There's no press here" on 16:13 - Sep 19 with 1942 viewsconnorscontract

"There's no press here" on 15:40 - Sep 19 by connorscontract

He "happened to be there at that time" because his kid was in a bed in that ward!

The child of a Labour Party member isn't entitled to decent treatment in an NHS hospital?

A parent of a child who hasn't received adequate care isn't entitled to say anything if they are a Labour Party member?

The parent of the child had every right to be there. The only people who didn't, and who were taking NHS staff away from their proper duties, were the Tory Party Activist with the brow-beaten look, and, as usual, no answers, and his spin doctors. He was the one trying to make political capital, this parent was refusing him the opportunity to use his child for a photo-op.

It's quite an interesting new phenomenon: people are becoming very territorially protective against Boris. Whether it's Mr "Morley in Leeds" or Ward Dad they are standing up to him by physically barring his way or, in the case of the International Orchestra Conductor in Luxembourg, issuing a territorial alarm call. They are all saying "This isn't your territory and we recognise you as a threat".

Ward Man acted in just the same way as Arctic Terns do when people show up and stick cameras in their childrens faces:

"There's no press here" on 16:18 - Sep 19 with 1924 viewsm14_blue

"There's no press here" on 15:40 - Sep 19 by connorscontract

He is dealing with facts he doesn’t like by questioning the motives of those pointing them out.

It’s straight out of the Cummings playbook (copied from Trump, and many populist leaders before him) and relies on gullible patsies in the populace to swallow it and parrot it. It seems to be working so far.
(No subject) on 17:15 - Sep 19 with 1888 viewsbrazil1982

(No subject) on 15:01 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

It's true, but utterly irrelevant to the points that were being made. The issue being raised was about the fate of the NHS under Tory control. Go and look up the performance metrics if you don't believe anyone who raised concerns.

Or listen to one of the doctors who actually works in that hospital where Boris had his staged photoshoot (the one he lied about without a second thought, and which is the other issue here):
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/18/the-harsh-reality-of-underfundin
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 15:03]

It's not irrelevant, it is context. Seems like the fella has a real gripe against the hospital - not enough doctors, nurses, badly organised....that's surely a management responsibility. The fella, a Labour Activist, wanted a pop at the PM.

BJ responds politely if ineffectively...and the statement about the press is clearly wrong and daft seeing as the press are there.
(No subject) on 17:19 - Sep 19 with 1882 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 17:15 - Sep 19 by brazil1982

It's not irrelevant, it is context. Seems like the fella has a real gripe against the hospital - not enough doctors, nurses, badly organised....that's surely a management responsibility. The fella, a Labour Activist, wanted a pop at the PM.

BJ responds politely if ineffectively...and the statement about the press is clearly wrong and daft seeing as the press are there.

The mental gymnastics you've had to go through here are staggering. The fact that you're quite content describing a flat out lie as ineffectual politeness makes the rest of your post laughable to be honest.

The fella in the hospital isn't the one with a bias problem. It's you. You attack the man because you can't possibly attack his message.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 17:28]

(No subject) on 17:20 - Sep 19 with 1876 viewsnoggin

So you're saying that the severe underfunding of the NHS, is down to poor management of each hospital?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

(No subject) on 17:20 - Sep 19 with 1875 viewsfooters

"not enough doctors, nurses"

Lack of funding through austerity and staffing crisis owing partly to Brexit.

Next.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) on 17:25 - Sep 19 with 1864 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 17:20 - Sep 19 by footers

"not enough doctors, nurses"

Lack of funding through austerity and staffing crisis owing partly to Brexit.

Next.

The hard of thinking on here who are saying he only cares about NHS cuts because he's a Labour activist should really have a little ponder about the possibility that he's a Labour activist BECAUSE he cares about Conservative NHS cuts.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 17:25]

(No subject) on 17:42 - Sep 19 with 1838 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s bollox.

He’s got an issue with the running down of the NHS because he’d just spent a traumatic night there with his seriously ill young kid. I know exactly how he feels. NHS staff do an amazing job given the conditions, but 12 hours in an NHS hospital with a sick kid is enough to turn anyone into an anti-tory activist.

I can agree that Bozo politely lied though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) on 17:52 - Sep 19 with 1819 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 17:42 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

That’s bollox.

He’s got an issue with the running down of the NHS because he’d just spent a traumatic night there with his seriously ill young kid. I know exactly how he feels. NHS staff do an amazing job given the conditions, but 12 hours in an NHS hospital with a sick kid is enough to turn anyone into an anti-tory activist.

I can agree that Bozo politely lied though.

Agree 100%.

I was taken into hospital recently with a very persistent and painful priapism. The nurses were exemplary and, although it took quite some time, they were finally able to cure me, despite the savage Tory cu(n)ts.

God bless the NHS.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) on 17:54 - Sep 19 with 1812 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 17:52 - Sep 19 by footers

Agree 100%.

I was taken into hospital recently with a very persistent and painful priapism. The nurses were exemplary and, although it took quite some time, they were finally able to cure me, despite the savage Tory cu(n)ts.

God bless the NHS.

So that explains the Whatsapp photo.

(No subject) on 18:12 - Sep 19 with 1796 viewsbrazil1982

(No subject) on 17:19 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

The mental gymnastics you've had to go through here are staggering. The fact that you're quite content describing a flat out lie as ineffectual politeness makes the rest of your post laughable to be honest.

The fella in the hospital isn't the one with a bias problem. It's you. You attack the man because you can't possibly attack his message.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 17:28]

I have described his comment about the press as wrong.
His interaction with the fella is polite but ineffective.

The labour activist isn't bias? Surely he should be?
(No subject) on 18:21 - Sep 19 with 1788 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 18:12 - Sep 19 by brazil1982

I have described his comment about the press as wrong.
His interaction with the fella is polite but ineffective.

The labour activist isn't bias? Surely he should be?

Again, you attack the man because you can't attack his message.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024