Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, what do I know 10:11 - Sep 18 with 756 viewshomer_123

I was talking yesterday of hoping to not change our formation and approach to accommodate Judge or Nolan as I thought 4-4-2 got us where we are and neither had done anything to warrant changing the formation to fit them.

Nolan 1 Homer 0

I also advocated Garbutt at LB over Kenlocke - that didn't quite work out.

Lambert 1 Homer 0

This armchair management lark isn't as easy as I thought.

Cracking result. First half was very decent indeed - especially the first 20 mins or so. Still a tad worrying that we can't fully control a game and see it out - we could have put that game to bed in the 1st half last night.

We do still switch off and it not for Holy would have lost. Really hope we can become more confident and start to dominate a little more consistently. That being said 3 pts away from home, midfielder scoring and great to see Huws playing well, Keane doing what he does well and Wilson showing we've got excellent cover in the CB position.

Great result and top effort from our away fans.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well, what do I know on 10:30 - Sep 18 with 703 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I did mention recently that I thought Nolan would make a difference, and 352 would suit us.

Got shouted down of course.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well, what do I know on 10:32 - Sep 18 with 698 viewsiamipswich

Agreed. I think given that 4 of our outfield players were either making their comeback from an injury layoff or still in the process of regaining match sharpness, it's to be expected that we tired and had less of the ball. Add to the mix that Norwood, who normally plays 90 minutes and is a good outlet when under pressure was off the pitch this makes iteven harder.

MK Dons found a more potent formation in the 2nd half but it will have done our players coming back from injury, the world of good to get more competitive minutes. Also good that our defenders and goalkeeper stood up to the test of a barrage against a team which is a lot better than the 1st half suggested.

Poll: Who will return first?

Well, what do I know on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 683 viewshomer_123

Well, what do I know on 10:30 - Sep 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I did mention recently that I thought Nolan would make a difference, and 352 would suit us.

Well, it's you so no wonder you got shouted down! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well, what do I know on 10:36 - Sep 18 with 679 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is this where I pop up and say I told you so about Nolan.

Only kidding. Good result last night and good performance. I feel that if Nolan can get himself in to the box he will be really effective. Here is hoping he can find some consistency.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Well, what do I know on 10:38 - Sep 18 with 660 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well, what do I know on 10:34 - Sep 18 by homer_123

Well, it's you so no wonder you got shouted down! ;)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well, what do I know on 11:28 - Sep 18 with 607 viewslmfcblue

Well, what do I know on 10:30 - Sep 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

We played 3.5.2 for 10 seconds
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024