Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tragic side of gambling 10:09 - Sep 18 with 10099 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-49687500

Everything about this story is absolutely awful.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The tragic side of gambling on 18:32 - Sep 18 with 747 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The tragic side of gambling on 18:22 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

I certainly haven't forgotten any zeros. This was last night. Coral. Mane to have 2+ shots on target. They allowed him £0.50 on which he did place and got a payout of £2.50.

I have been limited to similar amounts by Ladbrokes, Bet Bright and others so not sure why it's so hard to believe for you.

My maximum bet on Unibet and Betbright (before they stopped) and Betway was under £2 too. My max stake on Betbright was 77 pence. Which is just laughable. I had a lump on a greyhound on there once I believe and that was what did it. Their fault for pricing up a 4/7 shot at 11/8 really.

Paddy Power and Bet365 have me restricted on Greyhounds and one other (I forget) have cut me from all promotions.

It’s what they do and it’s wrong. It really should be sorted out that they have to lay a certain amount and can’t ban punters but unfortunately not.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The tragic side of gambling on 18:34 - Sep 18 with 739 viewswkj

I don't gamble.

Except for doing the pools, spot the ball, getting a ticket for the village raffle, having a flutter on the Gran's National, and £10 on a Wednesday and Satuday for the National lottery, oh, and a tenner on the result and first scorer and winner at town games, and the weekly trip to the dogs. Oh, and the bonus ball sweeps at the pub.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The tragic side of gambling on 18:38 - Sep 18 with 731 viewskinnockers

The tragic side of gambling on 18:34 - Sep 18 by wkj

I don't gamble.

Except for doing the pools, spot the ball, getting a ticket for the village raffle, having a flutter on the Gran's National, and £10 on a Wednesday and Satuday for the National lottery, oh, and a tenner on the result and first scorer and winner at town games, and the weekly trip to the dogs. Oh, and the bonus ball sweeps at the pub.

Whatever happened to the good, old-fashioned meat raffle? Used to be a staple of working men's boozers but haven't seen one in years. I still remember clutching my tickets and praying for the turkey crown.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

The tragic side of gambling on 18:41 - Sep 18 with 723 viewsJ2BLUE

The tragic side of gambling on 18:38 - Sep 18 by kinnockers

Whatever happened to the good, old-fashioned meat raffle? Used to be a staple of working men's boozers but haven't seen one in years. I still remember clutching my tickets and praying for the turkey crown.

My mum won a chicken in a meat raffle recently.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The tragic side of gambling on 18:46 - Sep 18 with 705 viewskinnockers

The tragic side of gambling on 18:41 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

My mum won a chicken in a meat raffle recently.

Great to hear they're still going! And congratulations to your mum. If you take after her culinarily, I suppose you had the traditional Sunday bird with all the trimmings- Twiglets, Cheesestrings, baklava and piping hot custard :)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 18:51]

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

The tragic side of gambling on 18:48 - Sep 18 with 695 viewsSwansea_Blue

The tragic side of gambling on 18:46 - Sep 18 by kinnockers

Great to hear they're still going! And congratulations to your mum. If you take after her culinarily, I suppose you had the traditional Sunday bird with all the trimmings- Twiglets, Cheesestrings, baklava and piping hot custard :)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 18:51]

Harsh. But funny

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024