Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What time did everyone get back? 09:51 - Sep 18 with 6897 viewsITFC_Forever

Got home bang on midnight, although cruising through the Kelvedon speed cameras at 75 might not help the current cleanliness of my driving licence.

Very slow journey to get there - the road from Cambridge to the A1 was a painful crawl, took us 3 hours to get to the ground from home, should take 2 hours tops.

As for the game, Nolan, Huws and Wilson were the pick, but more good performances from Downes, Chambers and Holy as well.

As others have said, we should have put the game out of sight in the first half, but a recurring theme in this division returned last night in that opposition are much less ruthless with their finishing (ruthfull?) than in the Champ - we would not have kept these clean sheets we've been having in the Champ.

Thanks also to the chap at Harry's Rainbow on the Industrial Estate who just about squeezed us in for parking, as time was starting to get a bit too close to kick-off for comfort.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What time did everyone get back? on 12:54 - Sep 18 with 2837 views3_5_2

Back to felixstowe by 12:15. Journey up was awful. Arrived in car park at 740.

Really liked the stadium. No way were there 10,000 in though

Very good first half, should really have been 2/3 up by HT

Not a great 2nd half but we still has chances.

Not sure he knows his first XI still but competition for places is good in most areas

Away support was fantastic

On to Gillingham !

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

What time did everyone get back? on 13:29 - Sep 18 with 2797 viewsfactual_blue

What time did everyone get back? on 10:11 - Sep 18 by Guthrum

Gatwick, presumably?

Gatwick cognoscenti know there isn't a 'mid-stay' car park.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What time did everyone get back? on 13:38 - Sep 18 with 2784 viewschicoazul

What time did everyone get back? on 10:49 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

Well, that's this thread done.

Don't worry, i'm not in the mood & dont have the time to give him the attention today.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What time did everyone get back? on 13:45 - Sep 18 with 2776 viewsBrixtonBlue

What time did everyone get back? on 13:38 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

Don't worry, i'm not in the mood & dont have the time to give him the attention today.

Translation: I've been caught with my pants down and have no comeback.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What time did everyone get back? on 14:01 - Sep 18 with 2743 viewschicoazul

What time did everyone get back? on 13:45 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Translation: I've been caught with my pants down and have no comeback.

If you think doing 80mph on an A road after 10pm = buying illegal drugs then the person with their pants down, sir, is you again, but as I say I have a 230pm I have to get ready for & dont want to ruin another perfectly good thread with you making yourself look stupider than usual, so we shall continue this anon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What time did everyone get back? on 14:06 - Sep 18 with 2731 viewsSpruceMoose

What time did everyone get back? on 14:01 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

If you think doing 80mph on an A road after 10pm = buying illegal drugs then the person with their pants down, sir, is you again, but as I say I have a 230pm I have to get ready for & dont want to ruin another perfectly good thread with you making yourself look stupider than usual, so we shall continue this anon.

"Don't worry, i'm not in the mood & dont have the time to give him the attention today."

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What time did everyone get back? on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 2723 viewsartsbossbeard

What time did everyone get back? on 14:06 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

"Don't worry, i'm not in the mood & dont have the time to give him the attention today."

The thing is, this was a decent little thread on match day travel which has now been fecked over and trampled on for no real reason bar some point scoring.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What time did everyone get back? on 14:22 - Sep 18 with 2691 viewsSpruceMoose

What time did everyone get back? on 14:08 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

The thing is, this was a decent little thread on match day travel which has now been fecked over and trampled on for no real reason bar some point scoring.

Hopefully someone can get it back on track.

That many fans, making a midweek trip to MK, is definitely noteworthy. They're a credit to the club.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

What time did everyone get back? on 14:23 - Sep 18 with 2689 viewsPJH

What time did everyone get back? on 10:06 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

12:33am

Parked at the ground and struggled to get out in good time, unfortunately.

Passed the fans coaches near the A140 turn off around 12:10.

No need for me to post what time I got back then.
What time did everyone get back? on 15:26 - Sep 18 with 2649 viewsBrixtonBlue

What time did everyone get back? on 14:01 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

I didn't say they were equal did I? Speeding is more likely to harm others than buying a gram of charlie for the weekend.

The point is, they're both illegal. You seem to think one is a disgrace while the other is fine and should be encouraged.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What time did everyone get back? on 15:37 - Sep 18 with 2630 viewsITFC_Forever

What time did everyone get back? on 14:23 - Sep 18 by PJH

No need for me to post what time I got back then.

Have we changed coach suppliers?

Didn't see the coaches yesterday, but the coaches for Burton and Peterborough looked like they were Suffolk Norse ones, and not Galloway.

What time did everyone get back? on 15:38 - Sep 18 with 2623 viewsartsbossbeard

What time did everyone get back? on 15:37 - Sep 18 by ITFC_Forever

Didn't see the coaches yesterday, but the coaches for Burton and Peterborough looked like they were Suffolk Norse ones, and not Galloway.

Suffolk Norse last night too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What time did everyone get back? on 16:17 - Sep 18 with 2597 viewsportmanroadblue

half 12 to Colchester via train from Bletchley, tube and train, but we got a lift from a very nice MK fan who dropped us off at Bletchley station saving us a 25min walk.

Thought we played well for first 20mins, struggled from there on, pretty much when Norwood came off.

We looked very tired second half and the closing down was never as urgent as what it was in the first 20 mins. numerous system changes didnt seem to help either, not sure why Lambert did so many, especially as its players that win games not systems....................apparently :-)
What time did everyone get back? on 16:40 - Sep 18 with 2574 viewsPJH

What time did everyone get back? on 15:37 - Sep 18 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, Galloway lost the contract.

Not sure if Suffolk Norse undercut them or whether there were other reason(s).

Some people claim that they know of other reasons but I don't know.

Still get from football ground to football ground to watch a football match so all is fine with me.
What time did everyone get back? on 17:14 - Sep 18 with 2541 viewsFunge

What time did everyone get back? on 09:58 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

I go through those cameras all the time at 80-ish and have never had a letter. I did hear that they are individual cameras not linked average speed ones, and as long as you arent doing a crazy speed you will be fine.

I can categorically confirm that the Kelvedon cameras, sadly, work very well indeed.

Nicked for going at 79 through there, albeit this was 3-4 years ago.
What time did everyone get back? on 17:31 - Sep 18 with 2522 viewsnoggin

What time did everyone get back? on 09:58 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

I go through those cameras all the time at 80-ish and have never had a letter. I did hear that they are individual cameras not linked average speed ones, and as long as you arent doing a crazy speed you will be fine.

Speed kills. Bit like drugs in that sense.

Edit: I see the subject has already been brought up.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 17:32]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What time did everyone get back? on 17:47 - Sep 18 with 2500 viewsbackinbeige

Next Sunday
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 17:49]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

What time did everyone get back? on 18:14 - Sep 18 with 2462 viewshavinit69

What time did everyone get back? on 10:06 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

12:33am

Parked at the ground and struggled to get out in good time, unfortunately.

Passed the fans coaches near the A140 turn off around 12:10.

Same here, parked at the stadium, took us half hour just to get out of the car park. A5, M1, M25, A12 and back in IP1 just before midnight.

Shattered today but don’t care because last night was bloody brilliant and I loved every minute of it!

Superb 1st half, 2nd half we never got going and although MK had a lots of possession I thought we defended really well and limited them to a few chances. Getting a little bit of luck at the moment but it’s about time.

Lamberts passion at Full Time was lovely to see, Am absolutely loving following the Town at the moment.
What time did everyone get back? on 19:14 - Sep 18 with 2428 viewsITFC_Forever

What time did everyone get back? on 18:14 - Sep 18 by havinit69

Same here, parked at the stadium, took us half hour just to get out of the car park. A5, M1, M25, A12 and back in IP1 just before midnight.

Shattered today but don’t care because last night was bloody brilliant and I loved every minute of it!

Superb 1st half, 2nd half we never got going and although MK had a lots of possession I thought we defended really well and limited them to a few chances. Getting a little bit of luck at the moment but it’s about time.

Lamberts passion at Full Time was lovely to see, Am absolutely loving following the Town at the moment.

Exactly the same route as us... we’d have been back in central Ipswich just before midnight too had we not stopped at South Mimms petrol station for five minutes to grab a sandwich as I was starving.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 19:14]

What time did everyone get back? on 21:19 - Sep 18 with 2361 viewsericclacton

All different times, I got back ten minutes a go and i didn't even go.
What time did everyone get back? on 21:32 - Sep 18 with 2346 viewspoppiesman

Got back to Kettering at 11.00pm. Picked a mate up (leeds fan but supported Ipswich for the night, as he hates MK Dons) who lives in Milton Keynes on way to game and he knew where to park car half mile from ground in a housing estate, so we got a quick getaway after the game avoiding queues out of main car park. Dropped him of at his house before driving the 34 miles back home.
Glad my mate knew where to go as navigating in and around Milton Keynes is a nightmare at the best of times.
Amazing support and full credit to all those who travelled from Suffolk and some probably even further than that.
What time did everyone get back? on 22:54 - Sep 18 with 2294 viewsElginCityBlue

What time did everyone get back? on 21:32 - Sep 18 by poppiesman

Got back to Kettering at 11.00pm. Picked a mate up (leeds fan but supported Ipswich for the night, as he hates MK Dons) who lives in Milton Keynes on way to game and he knew where to park car half mile from ground in a housing estate, so we got a quick getaway after the game avoiding queues out of main car park. Dropped him of at his house before driving the 34 miles back home.
Glad my mate knew where to go as navigating in and around Milton Keynes is a nightmare at the best of times.
Amazing support and full credit to all those who travelled from Suffolk and some probably even further than that.

I relocated to Northampton now, got home at 10:15.

That being said, a home game is quite a trek now so tend to do more away games. Northampton has great train links and I’ll be in Blackpool in 2.5 hours for the Fleetwood game in a few weeks.
What time did everyone get back? on 23:03 - Sep 18 with 2285 viewsdavblue

22:35 for me. It’s 40 miles away to Thame, so a pretty easy journey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024