Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think 08:50 - Sep 18 with 1256 viewsBlueySwede

There was a tackle from Downes last night (2nd half?) that almost took my breath away. It was just perfect. Crunching, but not malicious in any way.
What a player he is turning out to be.
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 08:57 - Sep 18 with 1187 viewsKieran_Knows

Enjoy it, because I think regardless of promotion or not, he won't be here next season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:01 - Sep 18 with 1167 viewsitfc48

I remember Wilson making one in the left back position. Absolutely lined his man up.
There was also an exceptional tackle from Skuse to set up the Jackson chance I think it was.
Skuse's reading of the game really is excellent at times.
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:23 - Sep 18 with 1075 viewschicoazul

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 08:57 - Sep 18 by Kieran_Knows

Enjoy it, because I think regardless of promotion or not, he won't be here next season.

Apparently Bournemouth are looking and were there last night.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:27 - Sep 18 with 1058 viewsSamWhiteUK

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:01 - Sep 18 by itfc48

I remember Wilson making one in the left back position. Absolutely lined his man up.
There was also an exceptional tackle from Skuse to set up the Jackson chance I think it was.
Skuse's reading of the game really is excellent at times.

Skuse was superb. Don't remember him putting a foot wrong, whereas I think I had a moan at everyone else at some point in the second half (bar Holy)
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 1037 viewsBlueySwede

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:27 - Sep 18 by SamWhiteUK

Skuse was superb. Don't remember him putting a foot wrong, whereas I think I had a moan at everyone else at some point in the second half (bar Holy)

If you want to be picky, Skuse did misplace a few passes second half, as did the rest of the team.
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:31 - Sep 18 with 1031 viewsGuthrum

Fully agree, altho he does need to keep himself (particularly his tongue) under control a bit more.Cut down on unneccessary yellow cards, as he might get a second if a tackle like that goes wrong, plus they add up to bans during the season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 967 viewsthatdamgood89

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 08:57 - Sep 18 by Kieran_Knows

and this right here is exactly why the town approach won't work. You can only move a club forward if you actually stick with your better young players.

You are right though.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:49 - Sep 18 with 948 viewsSamWhiteUK

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:30 - Sep 18 by BlueySwede

If you want to be picky, Skuse did misplace a few passes second half, as did the rest of the team.

Thought it was probably likely - what I should have said was, I never saw him made a mistake and realised it was him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024