Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... 07:31 - Sep 18 with 5953 viewsbluesym

Hasnt he?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 12:31 - Sep 18 with 5733 viewsKeaneish

He said that we should judge him on his transfer windows and the results his signings yield. Fair enough. He';s done well. The only complaints around at the moment are on whether the system is a good one and how we fit all the quality into the match day squad.

I think we'd all take that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 13:07 - Sep 18 with 5658 viewsTractorCam

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 12:31 - Sep 18 by Keaneish

He said that we should judge him on his transfer windows and the results his signings yield. Fair enough. He';s done well. The only complaints around at the moment are on whether the system is a good one and how we fit all the quality into the match day squad.

I presume i've took this the wrong way, but 'how we fit all the quality into the match day squad' is certainly not a complaint.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 13:22 - Sep 18 with 5596 viewsWickets

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 13:07 - Sep 18 by TractorCam

I presume i've took this the wrong way, but 'how we fit all the quality into the match day squad' is certainly not a complaint.

Yes that is what he means and he has a point ,our manager has done good .
Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 13:46 - Sep 18 with 5530 viewswkj

He has indeed, I would have liked to have seen the business concluded sooner than it was, but that is just because the fans were getting all het up about it. I would like to see if he has scope to look at left back in January, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, Evans will be ready to pop a few quid forward to bring the season home and get some Championship capable players on the radar for next season.

That said, our squad depth (capable for the league) is much better than when either A) Evans didn't invest when we were 2nd in the champ or B) Mick didn't think it was necessary to get anyone in.

I do often wonder if MM had a bigger part to play in our lack of transfers at times given how Evans seemed to release money for Hurst for player sales, and of course a rather surprising 1/2 mill for KYV (the best RB we've had since stearman?)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 14:33 - Sep 18 with 5424 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Needed a striker- Got two good ones
Needed Wingers- Got 2 good ones
Needed cover at centre half-Got it
Goalkeepers- Got two
Right back- Got one
Left back- felt we could have got an out and out left back to compete with Kenlock

All in all very good

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 14:38 - Sep 18 with 5407 viewsitfcjoe

Yep - credit to the management triumvirate of Evans, O'Neill and Lambert for the squad that has been put together

Puts us in No Excuses territory to be there or thereabouts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 14:45 - Sep 18 with 5371 viewsclive_baker

Yes. If I had've had the chance to sit down in May and take over that squad, he's almost to the tee done what I would've, so I'm happy. Bought in the right areas, namely fullbacks, freshened up the keeper department and added up front. He's moved players on in the right areas, and crucially he's identified the perfect characters to support the talent young players we've got here. Norwood / Judge / Holy look to have exactly the right sort of desire, experience and will to win about them. Together with Skuse & Chambers we've got a really healthy balance of street-wise and fearless youth. Dare I say it, they're peak McCarthy 2015 signings. I've said it before I think the squad is stronger now than the one he inherited, and we're a league lower.

Personally, I still have doubts over Jackson, Donacien and Roberts, but I don't think we'll see a great deal of JD and JR, and Jackson is doing a decent enough job of proving me wrong thus far, and long may it continue.

He's done a really good job when you consider the mess he inherited.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 5298 viewsOsborneOneNil

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 13:46 - Sep 18 by wkj

He has indeed, I would have liked to have seen the business concluded sooner than it was, but that is just because the fans were getting all het up about it. I would like to see if he has scope to look at left back in January, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, Evans will be ready to pop a few quid forward to bring the season home and get some Championship capable players on the radar for next season.

That said, our squad depth (capable for the league) is much better than when either A) Evans didn't invest when we were 2nd in the champ or B) Mick didn't think it was necessary to get anyone in.

I do often wonder if MM had a bigger part to play in our lack of transfers at times given how Evans seemed to release money for Hurst for player sales, and of course a rather surprising 1/2 mill for KYV (the best RB we've had since stearman?)

Yeah MM didn’t want much to spend, less pressure to succeed then. If big signings fail, manager gets stick. He chose to struggle on and be a hero by staying lower mid table with ‘no money’.

Possibly.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 22:21 - Sep 18 with 5046 viewsChurchman

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 12:31 - Sep 18 by Keaneish

I think the test comes when we lose a game or two. But I particularly like the type of players he has brought in. Old journeymen stealing a living like Douglas they are not. They seem hungry and keen to in some cases make a step up or resurrect their careers.

I am hoping a system emerges, but the longer we go with this good start, the further the horrors of last season will fade and the more likely the best pattern will emerge. And most important, the more the confidence of the players who were here will rise.
Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 22:27 - Sep 18 with 4980 viewswkj

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 15:33 - Sep 18 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah MM didn’t want much to spend, less pressure to succeed then. If big signings fail, manager gets stick. He chose to struggle on and be a hero by staying lower mid table with ‘no money’.

Possibly.

Who doesn't love a good, or bad, conspiracy theory?

Crybaby

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 15:12 - Nov 29 with 4132 viewsActionMan

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 14:45 - Sep 18 by clive_baker

Yes. If I had've had the chance to sit down in May and take over that squad, he's almost to the tee done what I would've, so I'm happy. Bought in the right areas, namely fullbacks, freshened up the keeper department and added up front. He's moved players on in the right areas, and crucially he's identified the perfect characters to support the talent young players we've got here. Norwood / Judge / Holy look to have exactly the right sort of desire, experience and will to win about them. Together with Skuse & Chambers we've got a really healthy balance of street-wise and fearless youth. Dare I say it, they're peak McCarthy 2015 signings. I've said it before I think the squad is stronger now than the one he inherited, and we're a league lower.

Personally, I still have doubts over Jackson, Donacien and Roberts, but I don't think we'll see a great deal of JD and JR, and Jackson is doing a decent enough job of proving me wrong thus far, and long may it continue.

He's done a really good job when you consider the mess he inherited.

I think we now know the squad isn't as robust as we once thought. Young now has a nasty injury, Norwood's form has dipped. Keane is not up to the job. Judge is still yet to start really contributing in a major way and we have collection of defenders and midfielders who are frankly not up to much even at this level!
Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 16:24 - Nov 29 with 4016 viewsKeaneish

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 15:12 - Nov 29 by ActionMan

I think we now know the squad isn't as robust as we once thought. Young now has a nasty injury, Norwood's form has dipped. Keane is not up to the job. Judge is still yet to start really contributing in a major way and we have collection of defenders and midfielders who are frankly not up to much even at this level!

Norwood's form has dipped? Based on not scoring in two games since he scored a brace at Southend??? Not sure you can base a missed header against Wycombe to assess his form, which many seem to be doing this week...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 17:32 - Nov 29 with 3954 viewsTractorCam

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 16:24 - Nov 29 by Keaneish

Norwood's form has dipped? Based on not scoring in two games since he scored a brace at Southend??? Not sure you can base a missed header against Wycombe to assess his form, which many seem to be doing this week...

To the basic minded fan if a striker isn't scoring then he isn't playing well, see David McGoldrick.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 18:47 - Nov 29 with 3877 viewswkj

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 15:12 - Nov 29 by ActionMan

Our position in the relegation zone certainly backs up the claim of not up to much at this level.

Crybaby

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 00:37 - Nov 30 with 3668 viewsTractorWood

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 18:47 - Nov 29 by wkj

Our position in the relegation zone certainly backs up the claim of not up to much at this level.

Norwood did miss an open goal on Tuesday night from 3 yards.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 02:47 - Nov 30 with 3612 viewswkj

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 00:37 - Nov 30 by TractorWood

Norwood did miss an open goal on Tuesday night from 3 yards.

Good for him, helping Marcus out by not wracking up goal bonuses

Crybaby

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 08:03 - Nov 30 with 3516 viewsHerbivore

Obvious troll is obvious. We've got the best defensive record in the league but we have a group of defenders that aren't up to it at this level? Jog on, budgie.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 10:00 - Nov 30 with 3421 viewshampstead_blue

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 08:03 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

Obvious troll is obvious. We've got the best defensive record in the league but we have a group of defenders that aren't up to it at this level? Jog on, budgie.

it's amazing what a good goalkeeper on form and confident can do to a team.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 13:26 - Nov 30 with 3287 viewstractordownsouth

Lambert has had a superb transfer window in all honesty.... on 22:27 - Sep 18 by wkj

Who doesn't love a good, or bad, conspiracy theory?

Is Lambert going to start selling Brain Juice to a load of gullible right wingers?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024