Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... 23:35 - Sep 17 with 1287 viewsFixed_It

...was probably factually correct. Of course he shouldn't have said it, but the ref was a c*** who seemed desperate for MK to get a point.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 23:42 - Sep 17 with 1242 viewsxrayspecs

The thing is it was not a foul, at best a soft foul. Edwards anticipated a foul which was given in the corner. Ref was one of the better ones this season.
Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 07:13 - Sep 18 with 972 viewsDurovigutum

As a referee I’d say there was inconsistency on three very similar incidents in that corner in the space of five minutes. That doesn’t give you the right to question the referees anatomy or parentage and he should have been cautioned.

I’ve only managed two games this season, Shrewsbury and last night, but both refs were good and probably better than a number from last season. I understand the jump from league one to championship becomes a political game and not based purely on ability, so perhaps I have seen those who can’t be bothered with the games and just want to ref football.
Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 760 viewsSamWhiteUK

Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 07:13 - Sep 18 by Durovigutum

As a referee I’d say there was inconsistency on three very similar incidents in that corner in the space of five minutes. That doesn’t give you the right to question the referees anatomy or parentage and he should have been cautioned.

I’ve only managed two games this season, Shrewsbury and last night, but both refs were good and probably better than a number from last season. I understand the jump from league one to championship becomes a political game and not based purely on ability, so perhaps I have seen those who can’t be bothered with the games and just want to ref football.

As a referee maybe you can shed some light on exactly what you need to do as a defender to give away a free kick from pushing the striker in the back while the ball is in the air? Every bloody time it happened last night, and it's the same every single game
Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 09:32 - Sep 18 with 749 viewsSamWhiteUK

Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 23:42 - Sep 17 by xrayspecs

The thing is it was not a foul, at best a soft foul. Edwards anticipated a foul which was given in the corner. Ref was one of the better ones this season.

I'm not sure which incident you're talking about, the one on Edwards? That was a foul, although admittedly Edwards made the defender make it.

There was one shortly before that where our man was shoved down literally 2 feet from the lino and it wasn't given, and then Downes was shielding the ball and managed somehow to give a free kick away. Wasn't that what he got booked for, mouthing off after that?
Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 09:41 - Sep 18 with 728 viewsDurovigutum

Whatever Downes said to the ref that got him booked... on 09:30 - Sep 18 by SamWhiteUK

As a referee maybe you can shed some light on exactly what you need to do as a defender to give away a free kick from pushing the striker in the back while the ball is in the air? Every bloody time it happened last night, and it's the same every single game

Have a referee that agrees with your interpretation and the balls to give the decision. It helps if they see it too!

Sadly refereeing is like the dismal science of economics, the technical aspects (offside or not) are easy, anything requiring interpretation becomes messy and if you have five people in the room you end up with six opinions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024