Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? 23:09 - Sep 17 with 2269 viewspointofblue

The issue continues - excluding the match at Bolton against the kids we have still been unable to put together an effective and efficient 90 minutes this season, where we’ve been in control of the match for the majority of the game. We seem to be able to do it for a half but not much beyond that. Tonight could have been down to a wilting Huws and Nolan, combined with Keane getting up to match fitness, but we should have the strength and depth to maintain control better than we do.

On the plus side - we’re second, one point off top with a game in hand and surely we’re nowhere near the top of our game?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:17 - Sep 17 with 2237 viewsclive_baker

I don’t know why people think we have a right to go away from home and do that to anyone, it’s not how football tends to work. Especially against a side that had won 3 on the bounce including a 3-0 win away to Blackpool in their last match. They were always going to have spells of dominance. We’re ipswich ffs not Barcelona.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:20 - Sep 17 with 2212 viewswkj

We commanded defence in the 2nd half is an alternative take on it, maybe they could or should have scored, but they didn't and that was by no fluke of the back line and, of course, Holy

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:21 - Sep 17 with 2215 viewspointofblue

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:17 - Sep 17 by clive_baker

I don’t know why people think we have a right to go away from home and do that to anyone, it’s not how football tends to work. Especially against a side that had won 3 on the bounce including a 3-0 win away to Blackpool in their last match. They were always going to have spells of dominance. We’re ipswich ffs not Barcelona.

Yet Doncaster came here and managed to maintain a semblance of control throughout the 90? Yes, we had our chances in the second half but they weren’t under prolonged spells of pressure.

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 00:13 - Sep 18 with 2138 viewsFrimleyBlue

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:21 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

Yet Doncaster came here and managed to maintain a semblance of control throughout the 90? Yes, we had our chances in the second half but they weren’t under prolonged spells of pressure.

Erm

So Donny controlled a game over 90 minutes and got a draw

We continue to work through games. Have high points. Low points but again walk away with 3 points.

Perhaps. Putting more ethos in attacking in stages means we aren't able to carry that ethos over 90 minutes. Does it matter if we win the game?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 07:41 - Sep 18 with 1953 viewsDubtractor

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:17 - Sep 17 by clive_baker

Odd isn't it.

A few decent results and suddenly we should be comfortably winning games.

It's like people forget just how bad we were last season with most of the same players.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 07:42 - Sep 18 with 1949 viewsSteve_M

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 07:41 - Sep 18 by Dubtractor

Odd isn't it.

A few decent results and suddenly we should be comfortably winning games.

It's like people forget just how bad we were last season with most of the same players.

Yep, the mentality takes time to change. We also had a number of players last night with very little football behind them in recent months, that's definitely part of the reason we were less good in the second half.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 07:51 - Sep 18 with 1906 viewslmfcblue

Also the opposition will tweak things to stop us playing if they have anything about them.
Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 09:06 - Sep 18 with 1753 viewsWickets

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 23:21 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

Blimey bud , is it me or are you always on a downer ? if we got anything wrong yesterday it was failing to put the game to bed early doors .
Login to get fewer ads

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 09:08 - Sep 18 with 1750 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes, this "when are we going to play well for 90 minutes" stuff is already getting quite boring.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 09:09 - Sep 18 with 1747 viewsKieran_Knows

Why play well for 90 minutes when you can play well for 45 minutes and sh*t for the other 45 and still win games?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 09:15 - Sep 18 with 1723 viewsMrTown

Thank god someone with a little bit of common sense about how the actual game of football tends to work.

This is a rather turgid league, everybody is scrapping for points, anybody can get results against anybody on any given day.

Yet we are 8 games unbeaten, by far the best defence in the league, 2nd in the league and a game in hand.

People are still finding things to question.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 09:23 - Sep 18 with 1711 viewsSamWhiteUK

Because it's the same game and the same sport, no matter where you play it

To clarify, that's not necessarily my view, that's why I think people think we should be able to do that
Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 09:26 - Sep 18 with 1704 viewschicoazul

We had Garbutt Huws Nolan and Keane on at one point last night all of whom are coming back from injuries so I suppose we can excuse a chugging second half performance on that basis. We do seem to be doing just enough at the moment with the team not hitting their straps fully but this may be down to Lambo's making changes every game.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 9:26]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 21:54 - Sep 18 with 1536 viewspointofblue

I guess I expected us to be more on the front foot than we have been so far - I agree possibly an unreasonable expectation considering we’re fielding younger players alongside a handful who are returning from injury. We could easily have an extra four points on the board after dominating Sunderland in the first half and Norwood’s last gasp opportunity against Doncaster but, at the same time, we could have a lot less too. We’re in a very good position right now but I would like to see us push on in individual matches more than we’re doing so at the moment.

Great win but when are we going to put in a 90 minute shift? on 22:17 - Sep 18 with 1499 viewsitfcjoe

We were very good on the ball first half, and very good off it in the second half - barely conceding a chance.

I just recorded a Blue Monday pod where covered in more detail but surprised how negative some of the reaction was in the ground and since

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024