Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game for a neutral 23:20 - Sep 14 with 1046 viewsPendejo

Just got home from my first game of the season which I thoroughly enjoyed, though sadly not because we were any good.

Fair play to Donny, felt like they had an extra man on the pitch and on another day would have gone home with three points. If they play like that every week then their fans should have a good season, well assuming they'll score goals.

As for us...

The defensive 5 looked good, lucky clean sheet? You make your own luck. Although the 4 outfield defenders all had a mistake in them.

Holy - bigger than Bart, can kick with both feet, brave and quick thinking... How did we get him?

KVY - impressed, pity his thunderbolt didn't end up the winner

Kenlock - did his job often without any cover ahead of him, seemed to always have two attacking him

Captain Chambers - I think that's the best I've seen him play for a few years, good solid game.

The Woolf - patches of the game absolutely imperious, there's a couple of times he should have rampaged Beattie style further forward than he did.

The real reason Donny looked so good was our midfield team were almost non-existent. Little cohesion, not enough possession on the deck, no supply to the strikers, insufficient attacking threat.

Skuse and Downes did their best but Judge and Edwards were below par, which in turn led to much Donny possession and pressure.
If Judge is out of position then that's PL 's fault, if he's out of form then he shouldn't be in the side. PL picks the team.d
Edwards tried his tricks and flicks but didn't seem to go anywhere.

Norwood and Jackson had virtually no service and looked frustrated. I can see Norwood getting sent off this season.I

of the three subs the spurs loanee looked brightest, but he also made the off basic error... When to pass or dribble

In fact I thought (first half) the two outstanding town players were Downes and Woolfenden.

There was a point in the game when the atmosphere made my hair stand on end, but the last quarter it fizzled out.

I really enjoyed the game, would rather have seen a win, but it was at more entertaining than the scoreline.

Oh and I almost got Naaridge's score right. I predicted a win by 1-0, wish I'd said 1 goal. I'm pleased for them, still want them relegated but we'll done on that one. Oh and I put Pukey and Carrington in my FFL side during the week.

Roll on Gillingham next Saturday, the train takes the strain, so parking won't be at Gatwick... It'll be outside home.

COYB!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Great game for a neutral on 10:21 - Sep 15 with 592 viewsMillsey

Just about spot on there👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024