Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI for trip to MK Dons 21:53 - Sep 14 with 1017 viewspointofblue

Holy
Vincent-Young - Woolfenden - Chambers - Kenlock
Rowe - Skuse - Downes - Georgiou
Jackson - Norwood

With our weakness at left back in particular I don’t think we can switch to a narrow diamond, Should we try Judge in a number ten role? Possibly, but do either of our strikers deserve to be dropped? We probably need to try different wingers on a flat 4-4-2, providing Rowe is fit to play. If not, perhaps we should start Dobra?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 21:55 - Sep 14 with 1009 viewswkj

Dare I say give Garbutt a try in LB?

I think Lambert has to do a lot of thinking about that left wing, otherwise the team pickes itself in my opinion

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 21:57 - Sep 14 with 1000 viewspointofblue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 21:55 - Sep 14 by wkj

Dare I say give Garbutt a try in LB?

I think Lambert has to do a lot of thinking about that left wing, otherwise the team pickes itself in my opinion

I don’t think Garbutt’s fit to start, is he? According to Oxford fans he struggled at left back anyway.

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:24 - Sep 14 with 951 viewsSomethingBlue

Wonder if we might see Nolan start as an extra midfielder, or Judge moved inside and Georgiou starting. I'd be quite up for either idea; our strikers have both started well but people get a bit too hung up on playing two centre-forwards for my money and we could maybe try & play with a little more control.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:35 - Sep 14 with 924 viewspointofblue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:24 - Sep 14 by SomethingBlue

Wonder if we might see Nolan start as an extra midfielder, or Judge moved inside and Georgiou starting. I'd be quite up for either idea; our strikers have both started well but people get a bit too hung up on playing two centre-forwards for my money and we could maybe try & play with a little more control.

Perhaps Lambert is loathed to change things, or try something different, until after we lose - especially after the mess which was the first half against Wimbledon.

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:39 - Sep 14 with 915 viewsStokieBlue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 21:57 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

I don’t think Garbutt’s fit to start, is he? According to Oxford fans he struggled at left back anyway.

Not sure we should go on what the Oxford fans said (you've posted this a number of times now). Best give him a game and see what he's like - the rest of the team around him is better than what Oxford had so he won't be threatened as much.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:50 - Sep 14 with 892 viewspointofblue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:39 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

Not sure we should go on what the Oxford fans said (you've posted this a number of times now). Best give him a game and see what he's like - the rest of the team around him is better than what Oxford had so he won't be threatened as much.

SB

Though he did very well in left midfield position for us and is the only player who really has so far. Georgiou has shown promise is spurts but has lacked consistency.

If a player’s strength is left wing back or midfield maybe we should look to play them there rather than a position where they’re seemingly weaker. Yes we could replace Garbutt with Kenlock but are we in a position where we should take that risk considering he’s already proven himself further up the pitch?

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:53 - Sep 14 with 887 viewsStokieBlue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:50 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

Though he did very well in left midfield position for us and is the only player who really has so far. Georgiou has shown promise is spurts but has lacked consistency.

If a player’s strength is left wing back or midfield maybe we should look to play them there rather than a position where they’re seemingly weaker. Yes we could replace Garbutt with Kenlock but are we in a position where we should take that risk considering he’s already proven himself further up the pitch?

You've done it again:

"seemingly weaker"

None of us have seen him play there, certainly not for town so how can you be so unequivocal in all your posts. We literally don't know.

Kenlock is the weakest link and teams look like they are targeting him so surely it's more of a risk to not try and counter that.

SB

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:03 - Sep 14 with 866 viewspointofblue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 22:53 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

You've done it again:

"seemingly weaker"

None of us have seen him play there, certainly not for town so how can you be so unequivocal in all your posts. We literally don't know.

Kenlock is the weakest link and teams look like they are targeting him so surely it's more of a risk to not try and counter that.

SB

By taking Garbutt away from a position where he’s done very well? Albeit only in one and a bit matches for us.

Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:04 - Sep 14 with 862 viewsStokieBlue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:03 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

By taking Garbutt away from a position where he’s done very well? Albeit only in one and a bit matches for us.

That's not actually addressing any of the points I've made.

SB

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:12 - Sep 14 with 850 viewspointofblue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:04 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

That's not actually addressing any of the points I've made.

SB

You don’t rate Kenlock, understandably I might add. You want to take him out of the line up and play Garbutt at left back once he’s fit. My argument against this is Garbutt is the only player in the squad who has looked effective in left midfield this season, with Judge drifting inside, Georgiou’s performances being sporadic and Rowe being more effective on that side defending the full back then being an attacking threat.

We could take the risk but I’m not sure if I’m supportive of a weaker left midfield, when a different possibility is available, in order to try out a different left back. As an aside I thought Kenlock looked more comfortable with Garbutt in front.

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:21 - Sep 14 with 833 viewsStokieBlue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:12 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

You don’t rate Kenlock, understandably I might add. You want to take him out of the line up and play Garbutt at left back once he’s fit. My argument against this is Garbutt is the only player in the squad who has looked effective in left midfield this season, with Judge drifting inside, Georgiou’s performances being sporadic and Rowe being more effective on that side defending the full back then being an attacking threat.

We could take the risk but I’m not sure if I’m supportive of a weaker left midfield, when a different possibility is available, in order to try out a different left back. As an aside I thought Kenlock looked more comfortable with Garbutt in front.

I don't think the sample size is large enough to make the judgement that Kenlock was more comfortable with Garbutt ahead of him. The player ahead won't change many of the issues which he unfortunately has.

So given we have options at LM (Edwards, Rowe, Georgiou, Dobra, Judge) who whilst they may not be as good as Garbutt can play there should mean we can try and strengthen where we are weak.

It might not work but I think it's worth a try. Do you not think that teams are targeting Kenlock now? They seem to be to me.

Not sure we will agree on this - I think it's worth a try, you don't. Lets see what PL decides.

SB

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:26 - Sep 14 with 824 viewspointofblue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:21 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

I don't think the sample size is large enough to make the judgement that Kenlock was more comfortable with Garbutt ahead of him. The player ahead won't change many of the issues which he unfortunately has.

So given we have options at LM (Edwards, Rowe, Georgiou, Dobra, Judge) who whilst they may not be as good as Garbutt can play there should mean we can try and strengthen where we are weak.

It might not work but I think it's worth a try. Do you not think that teams are targeting Kenlock now? They seem to be to me.

Not sure we will agree on this - I think it's worth a try, you don't. Lets see what PL decides.

SB

True - personally I’d prefer us to bring in another left back along the lines of Vincent-Young which would solve the issue for once and for all but that’s not going to happen!

The other choice would’ve to play Garbutt at left back behind a narrow diamond. It’d allow us to play two up top with Judge through the middle but could leave us exposed at the back.

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:30 - Sep 14 with 815 viewsStokieBlue

Starting XI for trip to MK Dons on 23:26 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

True - personally I’d prefer us to bring in another left back along the lines of Vincent-Young which would solve the issue for once and for all but that’s not going to happen!

The other choice would’ve to play Garbutt at left back behind a narrow diamond. It’d allow us to play two up top with Judge through the middle but could leave us exposed at the back.

If we could find a LB anything like as good as KVY for the same price then everything would be solved as you say!

I'm not entirely sure Judge is deserving of changing everything to squeeze him in - he's not impressed although I concede he's been out of position.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024