Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life is rubbish 19:08 - Sep 14 with 2777 viewsnoggin

Norwich smash Man City and we draw 0-0 with Doncaster (luckily)

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Life is rubbish on 19:10 - Sep 14 with 2759 viewsAYACCA

support everyone and you'll never lose
Life is rubbish on 19:13 - Sep 14 with 2728 viewsRyorry

3-1 and game not yet over is "smash"?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Life is rubbish on 19:22 - Sep 14 with 2702 viewsnoggin

Life is rubbish on 19:13 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

3-1 and game not yet over is "smash"?

Yes

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Life is rubbish on 19:26 - Sep 14 with 2661 viewsWestover

Open top bus parade? 😱
Life is rubbish on 19:29 - Sep 14 with 2623 viewswkj

Life is rubbish on 19:22 - Sep 14 by noggin

Yes

Norwich controlled the scoreline, but I wouldn't say Man City were dominated today. Sterling made a load of mistakes today which prevented Man City from dominating the one stat that really counts. I wouldn't say scum were lucky to win that, but Man City hurt Man City more than Norwich did.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Life is rubbish on 21:20 - Sep 14 with 2358 viewsRyorry

Would it cheer you up in any small degree if I reminded you that N*****h were once where we are (or possibly lower if a statistician wants to find their lowest L1 position) and used it as a springboard to get to where they are now?

Life is rubbish on 21:26 - Sep 14 with 2306 viewspointofblue

Life is rubbish on 21:20 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

Would it cheer you up in any small degree if I reminded you that N*****h were once where we are (or possibly lower if a statistician wants to find their lowest L1 position) and used it as a springboard to get to where they are now?

They still had the parachute payments when they fell into League One - they were one of the strongest sides financially when they returned to the Championship. If we manage it we’ll be on the poorest.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Life is rubbish on 21:42 - Sep 14 with 2256 viewsRyorry

Life is rubbish on 21:26 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

They still had the parachute payments when they fell into League One - they were one of the strongest sides financially when they returned to the Championship. If we manage it we’ll be on the poorest.

Well you've got me depressed now!

Login to get fewer ads

Life is rubbish on 21:47 - Sep 14 with 2218 viewspointofblue

Life is rubbish on 21:42 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

Well you've got me depressed now!

Manchester City might be a better example, thinking about it, as parachute payments weren’t in place to the same extent when they fell through the divisions in 98/00. Promotion saw them go straight through the second tier.

Life is rubbish on 21:57 - Sep 14 with 2169 viewsHARRY10

Life is rubbish on 21:26 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

They were relegated from the PL in 2005. How did they manage to still have parachute payments in 2009 when they were relegated to L1 ?
Life is rubbish on 21:59 - Sep 14 with 2155 viewspointofblue

Life is rubbish on 21:57 - Sep 14 by HARRY10

They were relegated from the PL in 2005. How did they manage to still have parachute payments in 2009 when they were relegated to L1 ?

I stand corrected - I thought they fell straight through the division for some reason. There is hope for us yet then.

Life is rubbish on 22:01 - Sep 14 with 2145 viewsRyorry

Life is rubbish on 21:47 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

Manchester City might be a better example, thinking about it, as parachute payments weren’t in place to the same extent when they fell through the divisions in 98/00. Promotion saw them go straight through the second tier.

Who was their owner back then, and how did they get funded for their new stadium, do you know? as the sheikhs didn't buy them till 2008, ME having bought us in 2007 (from which point the gulf between us widened into a yawning chasm).

Life is rubbish on 22:02 - Sep 14 with 2139 viewsRyorry

Life is rubbish on 21:59 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

I stand corrected - I thought they fell straight through the division for some reason. There is hope for us yet then.

I'm back full of hope & optimism then!

Life is rubbish on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 2116 viewspointofblue

Life is rubbish on 22:01 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

Who was their owner back then, and how did they get funded for their new stadium, do you know? as the sheikhs didn't buy them till 2008, ME having bought us in 2007 (from which point the gulf between us widened into a yawning chasm).

Was it already agreed that City would take over the Commonwealth Stadium (as was) prior to the games? Not sure what payment plan was in place for that.

Life is rubbish on 22:47 - Sep 14 with 1978 viewsRyorry

Life is rubbish on 22:08 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

Was it already agreed that City would take over the Commonwealth Stadium (as was) prior to the games? Not sure what payment plan was in place for that.

Dunno. I do think they've been bloody lucky tho!

Life is rubbish on 23:15 - Sep 14 with 1906 viewsw9628983

Life is rubbish on 22:47 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

Dunno. I do think they've been bloody lucky tho!

As a lifelong Norwich fan I've always known Ipswich fans as friends and it's always been good natured ...but I wanted to say hear hear to this....I look out for the Ipswich scores and genuinely hope you rock at League 1 and enjoy it and win!
Life is rubbish on 23:41 - Sep 14 with 1778 viewsHARRY10

Life is rubbish on 21:59 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

Cheers

They were actually in danger of bankruptcy and only through their new directors rejigging the debts against their ground that they survived. They also shown that money is not the sole solution (although it helps !).

I'n hoping ME has taken a bit of a back seat and is giving Lambert a bit more of a free rain. Get the fans on board and let them start to see we are moving in the right direction. 18,000 of our lot in L1 is a very positive sign and a welcome change, Stay around the top and that number will creep up I'm sure.

Lets now bridge the gap so more youngsters can step up. That means the right coaching and development. The scum have seemed to have picked up odds and ends then turned them into gems.

We've made the right start irrespective of the quality we have played against, and we know need to build up the belief both on and off the pitch. So onwards and upwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024