Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating all over the pitch 16:33 - Sep 14 with 2675 viewsnoggin

Losing possession, sloppy passing, hoofed balls to nobody and poor marking. COYB

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:00 - Sep 14 with 2026 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Still undefeated, but should have played through the international break. Lost momentum at a key time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:07 - Sep 14 with 1951 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:00 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Still undefeated, but should have played through the international break. Lost momentum at a key time.

With the way Peterborough brushed them aside today, you would think so.

Lambert clearly doesn't want players playing too many games in too short a space of time so playing would have been the wise option in that case.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:08 - Sep 14 with 1928 viewsHerbivore

We were utterly terrible today. Really, really bad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:09 - Sep 14 with 1920 viewsGuthrum

But then we had important bench-option players out (Georgiou, particularly, also Dozzell and Dobra, plus Downes on call).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:11 - Sep 14 with 1894 viewsreusersfreekicks

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:08 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Any players exempt from the terribleness?
Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:11 - Sep 14 with 1886 viewsDarth_Koont

Thought it was a pretty poor team performance from us. Lots of decent individual efforts but really we were a lot less than the sum of our parts.

It's been the story of our season to a large extent as we've had flashes and scored goals without convincing - and no surprise given we're trying to turn around the last year's downward momentum.

But I think Lambert needs to balance the team and get some structure and direction. The good news is that League One is the place to do it because we're not getting punished and even today could have snatched a win at the end.

Pronouns: He/Him

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:13 - Sep 14 with 1851 viewsHerbivore

Woolfie and Chambo. Maybe KVY.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:14 - Sep 14 with 1854 viewsBent_double

According to Brenner, that's now 19 matches since we won a game after an international break. I thought we got relegated to get away from those?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:14 - Sep 14 with 1850 viewsurbanblue

It wasn't great but still, another clean sheet and we still could have won it.

Couple of positives is the difference I think Holy has made. He had a good game. Having a keeper that the defence seems confidence in seems to be making a difference. Chambers playing well at the moment too. I also realise even more now how nervous Bart and Gerks made me feel.

Also thought that it was Judges best game so far this season.

On we go ...
Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 1843 viewsActionMan

We weren't that bad we played as well as we had during much of the season so far it's just teams like Sunderland, Peterborough and Doncaster are as good as we are and harder to beat. Our mistake was trying to use the international break for an advantage when have instead killed momentum and handed the advantage right to our rivals.

Let's face it though this side would be killed in the Championship, so we're far from the finished article. The difference is in this league we can get away with the mistakes.
Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 1833 viewsDarth_Koont

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:13 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

I thought Downes and Skuse were OK too. Holy did what was needed also.

Jackson and Norwood are almost beyond criticism because they got so little to work with all day.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:17 - Sep 14 with 1798 viewsDarth_Koont

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:15 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

We weren't that bad we played as well as we had during much of the season so far it's just teams like Sunderland, Peterborough and Doncaster are as good as we are and harder to beat. Our mistake was trying to use the international break for an advantage when have instead killed momentum and handed the advantage right to our rivals.

Let's face it though this side would be killed in the Championship, so we're far from the finished article. The difference is in this league we can get away with the mistakes.

Indeed. Difference today was that we didn't score the early or the late goals to put a gloss on the overall performance.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:23 - Sep 14 with 1724 viewsJDB23

Horrendous performance. Lambert should be taking full responsibility for persisting with Judge on the left when he refuses to actually play there and postponing the Rochdale game, losing us all momentum and sharpness.

Kenlock is poor, but that only gets exacerbated when he receives the ball and no one is within 50 yards of him. If we're not playing a system where Judge operates through the middle, he should be no where near the starting XI. Norwood again not clinical enough, the service to the forwards didn't help but we need him to take chances in tight games. Edwards anonymous too, between him and Judge we had absolutely nothing on the wings.

Played off the park by a team who lost their manager and half their squad in the summer. We did keep a clean sheet and kept the unbeaten run going, we really need to start showing improved performances though. We may get promoted through the fact we just have better players than most other clubs, but so far we've yet to prove we have a great "team".
Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:25 - Sep 14 with 1690 viewsHerbivore

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:15 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

We were really bad. They outplayed us for most of the game and they really aren't all that.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:27 - Sep 14 with 1663 viewsHerbivore

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:14 - Sep 14 by urbanblue

It wasn't great but still, another clean sheet and we still could have won it.

Couple of positives is the difference I think Holy has made. He had a good game. Having a keeper that the defence seems confidence in seems to be making a difference. Chambers playing well at the moment too. I also realise even more now how nervous Bart and Gerks made me feel.

Also thought that it was Judges best game so far this season.

On we go ...

We were very lucky not to lose it. And I thought Judge was hopeless. His legs have gone and playing him out wide leaves us unbalanced and exposed defensively. Agree that Chambo is playing well and Holy looks decent.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:30 - Sep 14 with 1636 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:27 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

We were very lucky not to lose it. And I thought Judge was hopeless. His legs have gone and playing him out wide leaves us unbalanced and exposed defensively. Agree that Chambo is playing well and Holy looks decent.

Does Judge play as a 10 for ROI?

Genuine question as I don't know.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:31 - Sep 14 with 1632 viewsurbanblue

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:27 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Funny how we can have different perceptions. I havn't rated Judge all season but thought he looked fitter and more creative today,

I do agree though that he doesn't really fit in this system, something I have thought for a while now.
Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:31 - Sep 14 with 1607 viewsHerbivore

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:30 - Sep 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does Judge play as a 10 for ROI?

Genuine question as I don't know.

He's on the bench for them usually. Not sure where they bring him on.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:35 - Sep 14 with 1574 viewsDarth_Koont

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:23 - Sep 14 by JDB23

Horrendous performance. Lambert should be taking full responsibility for persisting with Judge on the left when he refuses to actually play there and postponing the Rochdale game, losing us all momentum and sharpness.

Kenlock is poor, but that only gets exacerbated when he receives the ball and no one is within 50 yards of him. If we're not playing a system where Judge operates through the middle, he should be no where near the starting XI. Norwood again not clinical enough, the service to the forwards didn't help but we need him to take chances in tight games. Edwards anonymous too, between him and Judge we had absolutely nothing on the wings.

Played off the park by a team who lost their manager and half their squad in the summer. We did keep a clean sheet and kept the unbeaten run going, we really need to start showing improved performances though. We may get promoted through the fact we just have better players than most other clubs, but so far we've yet to prove we have a great "team".

"We may get promoted through the fact we just have better players than most other clubs, but so far we've yet to prove we have a great "team"."

Spot on. The good news is we're not losing against the better opposition like Peterborough or Doncaster but we need to use this year to actually build a team. Firstly, to make sure we go up but secondly because we need to get back to Championship standard at some point.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:38 - Sep 14 with 1543 viewsActionMan

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:25 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

We were really bad. They outplayed us for most of the game and they really aren't all that.

We made similar mistakes against Burton and went unpunished, against Sunderland and Peterborough and those cost us points and today we were lucky but Doncaster were absolutely naff up top. That's going to be the nature of this league.
Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:38 - Sep 14 with 1539 viewsHerbivore

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:31 - Sep 14 by urbanblue

Funny how we can have different perceptions. I havn't rated Judge all season but thought he looked fitter and more creative today,

I do agree though that he doesn't really fit in this system, something I have thought for a while now.

I thought he looked sluggish and we kept switching him and Edwards hoping it might click for him but it never looked like happening. He gave the ball away a lot and he looks a yard off. I think he's done to be honest, the system doesn't help him but he looks shot to me.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:46 - Sep 14 with 1486 viewsDarth_Koont

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:31 - Sep 14 by urbanblue

He played a good, and crucially accurate, ball over the top to Norwood for his late chance. But otherwise I thought he was hurried and wasteful, which has been too often the norm.

It was summed up in the first half, when Skuse got his head to the ball and was injured to start a counter-attack. Skuse heads the ball on to Judge and he hits a long pass as he's running at full pace, which goes straight up to Norwood and a Donny defender where the defender was always favourite.

It's basically a three on three with acres of space ahead of Judge and Jackson peeling off to the right. But we butcher it because we just rush it and hit and hope.

Judge can certainly be an asset as he has so many good qualities but he seems to be setting the tone for the team in rushing things and sacrificing quality for energy and directness. I'd like to have seen Huws, Dobra or even Georgiou from the start trying to use the ball, link up with the two forwards and actually put Donny under real pressure.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 17:47]

Frustrating all over the pitch on 19:04 - Sep 14 with 1304 viewslmfcblue

Frustrating all over the pitch on 17:13 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Holy MOM made some great saves
Frustrating all over the pitch on 19:07 - Sep 14 with 1276 viewsHerbivore

Frustrating all over the pitch on 19:04 - Sep 14 by lmfcblue

Holy MOM made some great saves

Aye, Holy was good. Was focusing more on the outfield players.

Frustrating all over the pitch on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 1240 viewslmfcblue

Frustrating all over the pitch on 19:07 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Aye, Holy was good. Was focusing more on the outfield players.

That static system is killing the players.. so many times when we had possession deep in midfield players looking up and had no options. It’s 2 banks of 4 massive gap to 2 strikers who are living on scraps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024