Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck 09:17 - Sep 13 with 1074 viewsCoastalblue

Now it doesn't matter too much (though a drawn series is not a bad result) he's going to get that failure he's due.

I won't be too sad to miss out on watching him either, lots of great batsman you can sit and enjoy, even if they're destroying England's bowling attack but Smith's not really one to enjoy. Appreciate yes, enjoy no.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 09:23 - Sep 13 with 1058 viewsgainsboroughblue

I find him fascinating to watch too. It's like reaching the highest level of some arcade game which is almost impossible to crack.

I'd really like to see Buttler crack on and get to his ton. Leach seems to be the perfect tailenders to hold an end up for him to do so. Maybe Broad's demotion will focus his mindset too.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 09:25 - Sep 13 with 1047 viewsITFC_Forever

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 09:23 - Sep 13 by gainsboroughblue

I find him fascinating to watch too. It's like reaching the highest level of some arcade game which is almost impossible to crack.

I'd really like to see Buttler crack on and get to his ton. Leach seems to be the perfect tailenders to hold an end up for him to do so. Maybe Broad's demotion will focus his mindset too.

Hope England can string it out as long as possible, or collapse completely and lose by tomorrow.

Got tickets for Sunday, so hope to see a full day's play or none at all.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:06 - Sep 13 with 1006 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

England will be all out within the first 20 minutes and Australia will show how flat this pitch is by getting 450+

7.5 poor dismissals yesterday, Root got a good ball but if he was on the front foot rather than hanging back he would of had a better chance of hitting it.

The Curran shot summed up Englands batting, no feet and flashing away miles from their body.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:14 - Sep 13 with 997 viewsjimsymBLUE

Fantastic track, perfect weather, can bat for as long as he wants as the Aussies only need a draw....Lara's record anyone??

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:19 - Sep 13 with 988 viewsStokieBlue

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:14 - Sep 13 by jimsymBLUE

Fantastic track, perfect weather, can bat for as long as he wants as the Aussies only need a draw....Lara's record anyone??

Might as well try although that might be out of reach.

He needs 300 to get Bradmans ashes record though and that could be on if we can't find a way past him.

Sooner or later he has to have a failure though.

SB
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 10:19]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:27 - Sep 13 with 976 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:19 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

Might as well try although that might be out of reach.

He needs 300 to get Bradmans ashes record though and that could be on if we can't find a way past him.

Sooner or later he has to have a failure though.

SB
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 10:19]

He had a failure in the last test. A pathetic 82.

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:33 - Sep 13 with 970 viewsStokieBlue

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:27 - Sep 13 by gainsboroughblue

He had a failure in the last test. A pathetic 82.

Awful I agree.

He did still manage to average 147 last test though.

SB

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:26 - Sep 13 with 936 viewsgainsboroughblue

All out 294.

Just isn't going to be enough again.

Oh for those days of England clocking up 400 in tests.

Login to get fewer ads

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:27 - Sep 13 with 931 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 10:06 - Sep 13 by BullardsMagicMullet

England will be all out within the first 20 minutes and Australia will show how flat this pitch is by getting 450+

7.5 poor dismissals yesterday, Root got a good ball but if he was on the front foot rather than hanging back he would of had a better chance of hitting it.

The Curran shot summed up Englands batting, no feet and flashing away miles from their body.

Buttler stupid shot.

Only 3 minutes out, Australia will bat until night with a 200 run lead.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:30 - Sep 13 with 923 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:27 - Sep 13 by BullardsMagicMullet

Buttler stupid shot.

Only 3 minutes out, Australia will bat until night with a 200 run lead.

Like to think that if Mitchell Marsh can bag a five-for, then Woakes could be in business. Again, it's all about Smith but we could see someone like Warner or Harris stand up as well.

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:44 - Sep 13 with 909 viewsSWGF

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:26 - Sep 13 by gainsboroughblue

All out 294.

Just isn't going to be enough again.

Oh for those days of England clocking up 400 in tests.

England were evens to not reach 450 in any innings during the Ashes. Wish I'd put my mortgage on it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:48 - Sep 13 with 898 viewsitfcjoe

Did I hear correctly on TMS, that our opening partnership of 27 yestersday was the highest for either side in the series?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:52 - Sep 13 with 892 viewsITFC_Forever

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 11:48 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

Did I hear correctly on TMS, that our opening partnership of 27 yestersday was the highest for either side in the series?!

Yup.

And Warner's gone again to continue that record.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 15:28 - Sep 13 with 829 viewsStokieBlue

At least a fifty in every innings of the series thus far. 10 in a row against England.

Incredible and annoying.

SB
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 15:29]

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 15:36 - Sep 13 with 807 viewsjimsymBLUE

Leaving shortly to watch Smith get a duck on 15:28 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

At least a fifty in every innings of the series thus far. 10 in a row against England.

Incredible and annoying.

SB
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 15:29]

The 400 would be on if all his team mates were allowed 3 knocks each. An absolute phenom.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024