Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vincent Kompany 08:53 - Sep 12 with 1728 viewsIP33

Deserved of a statue?
Vincent Kompany on 08:57 - Sep 12 with 1719 viewsJakeITFC

Let’s get Beattie’s sorted first.
Vincent Kompany on 08:59 - Sep 12 with 1707 viewsitfcjoe

Yeah, without a doubt I'd say - led them through their finest era both on and off the pitch with great dignity and quality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Vincent Kompany on 09:05 - Sep 12 with 1676 viewsrickw

Vincent Kompany on 08:59 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Yeah, without a doubt I'd say - led them through their finest era both on and off the pitch with great dignity and quality

It's not just him though - Aguero and David Silva have been there the whole time and just as important through their success

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Vincent Kompany on 09:10 - Sep 12 with 1658 viewsitfcjoe

Vincent Kompany on 09:05 - Sep 12 by rickw

It's not just him though - Aguero and David Silva have been there the whole time and just as important through their success

Kompany has been their longer I think, and was the captain.

But you could easily make statues of all 3, they are all worthy - Aguero must be record scorer now for them.

I do think Kompany has represented something a bit more than the other 2, but hard to argue against any of them if it is being proposed

Vincent Kompany on 09:13 - Sep 12 with 1649 viewsflimflam

Vincent Kompany on 09:10 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

But you could easily make statues of all 3, they are all worthy - Aguero must be record scorer now for them.

I do think Kompany has represented something a bit more than the other 2, but hard to argue against any of them if it is being proposed

His thunder bolt won them the league last season also.

Well not just that goal but you know what I mean.

Great captain and servant to them but was it really that hard with the players and money they had?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Vincent Kompany on 09:20 - Sep 12 with 1629 viewsitfcjoe

Vincent Kompany on 09:13 - Sep 12 by flimflam

His thunder bolt won them the league last season also.

Well not just that goal but you know what I mean.

Great captain and servant to them but was it really that hard with the players and money they had?

Man Utd have spent more than them over the years and are nowhere.

They do spend loads, but still have to spend it well, and they have done so by getting a structure in place with Pep etc, compare their spending to Man U and Chelsea over the years and how far ahead of them they now are.

The money has obviously been a massive help, but he's had to keep that dressing room together with all those egos, and keep up high standards on the pitch to not be replaced and been their captain through their finest era.

Vincent Kompany on 09:31 - Sep 12 with 1607 viewsBigManBlue

Vincent Kompany on 09:20 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Man Utd have spent more than them over the years and are nowhere.

They do spend loads, but still have to spend it well, and they have done so by getting a structure in place with Pep etc, compare their spending to Man U and Chelsea over the years and how far ahead of them they now are.

The money has obviously been a massive help, but he's had to keep that dressing room together with all those egos, and keep up high standards on the pitch to not be replaced and been their captain through their finest era.

And he was there whilst they were still a wannabe top-6 side so I guess he straddles that divide between then and the megaclub status they attained whilst he was there. Distinctly remember him lining up with Santa Cruz, Mich Richards, Wayne Bridge et al in one of his early seasons there!

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Vincent Kompany on 09:31 - Sep 12 with 1608 viewsJamestownPrince

Only if it is top secret information that can only be released on a local radio station at stupid am!
Login to get fewer ads

Vincent Kompany on 09:49 - Sep 12 with 1557 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Sky Sports barrel scraping again showing this testimonial on two channels, whatever next spotty Herberts playing Fifa or posh people taking part in International quizzing from Caernarfon castle.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Vincent Kompany on 10:19 - Sep 12 with 1508 viewsN2_Blue

Vincent Kompany on 08:59 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

At the risk of being controversial I’d say this statue thing is getting a bit out of control. It’s up to W clubs what they do but if they give Kompany a statue they migh need about 10
of them around the ground in a few years.

I’m glad our bar is so high with Ramsey and Robson. Even Beatties statue potentially questions who else from that era is now deserving of a statue but at least that was more in a memorial sense at his passing. I’m sure when Mills et al pass away there may be more requests of this nature but where do we draw the line. Personally to have a statue put up in your lifetime I think you need to be exceptional, I’m not sure Kompany is in that bracket??

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Vincent Kompany on 10:25 - Sep 12 with 1493 viewsitfcjoe

Vincent Kompany on 10:19 - Sep 12 by N2_Blue

At the risk of being controversial I’d say this statue thing is getting a bit out of control. It’s up to W clubs what they do but if they give Kompany a statue they migh need about 10
of them around the ground in a few years.

I’m glad our bar is so high with Ramsey and Robson. Even Beatties statue potentially questions who else from that era is now deserving of a statue but at least that was more in a memorial sense at his passing. I’m sure when Mills et al pass away there may be more requests of this nature but where do we draw the line. Personally to have a statue put up in your lifetime I think you need to be exceptional, I’m not sure Kompany is in that bracket??

Think could easily be argued that Kompany has done more for Man City than Beattie did for us......

I see the point to an extent, but just think that there are not enough statues at grounds, clubs have a rich history and for genuine legends they are much better than naming a bar or an executive suite after tham as long as done tastefully

Vincent Kompany on 10:35 - Sep 12 with 1465 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

David Silva probably their greatest ever player.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 10:35]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Vincent Kompany on 10:48 - Sep 12 with 1430 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Vincent Kompany on 09:05 - Sep 12 by rickw

Definitely - but they haven't left/retired yet. They will undoubtedly get ones too.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Vincent Kompany on 10:50 - Sep 12 with 1422 viewsTractorCam

A 'holy trinity' one like United have would be a good tribute to all of them.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Vincent Kompany on 11:58 - Sep 12 with 1364 viewsN2_Blue

Vincent Kompany on 10:25 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Think could easily be argued that Kompany has done more for Man City than Beattie did for us......

I see the point to an extent, but just think that there are not enough statues at grounds, clubs have a rich history and for genuine legends they are much better than naming a bar or an executive suite after tham as long as done tastefully

I disagree with the point that there are not enough statues at grounds. If someone is seen as worthy on one a statue will be there.

If we just add statues because there are not enough then it devalues from the ones really deserving of the honor.

Having a statue is in effect to immortalize someone as a playing/managing legend, not just to say he did well, won some stuff and was a good player, let's have a statue to say well done.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Vincent Kompany on 12:12 - Sep 12 with 1345 viewschicoazul

He's an incredbily boring earnest clever man so probably yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Vincent Kompany (n/t) on 12:22 - Sep 12 with 1322 viewsjaykay

[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 12:23]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Vincent Kompany on 12:22 - Sep 12 with 1322 viewsjaykay

i think fulham had a statue outside their ground once

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Vincent Kompany on 12:35 - Sep 12 with 1292 viewsStokieBlue

Not a bad pass from Scholes in his testimonial:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/12/paul-scholes-pass-kompany-testi

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Vincent Kompany on 13:10 - Sep 12 with 1229 viewsBryanPlug

Vincent Kompany on 09:49 - Sep 12 by BullardsMagicMullet

Sky Sports barrel scraping again showing this testimonial on two channels, whatever next spotty Herberts playing Fifa or posh people taking part in International quizzing from Caernarfon castle.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024