Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Brexit polling 08:18 - Sep 10 with 11520 viewsitfc_bucks

So it seems that remain actually has a clear, if small, margin over leave now and its been consistent for quite some time now.

How on earth can it be undemocratic to have a final say on the deal/no deal vs remain?

There simply cannot be any argument against it now, can there? Nobody can claim they knew *how* Brexit would be enacted and the likely consequences. Now we know and should be allowed to have a say on that.

Surely?
Current Brexit polling on 08:56 - Sep 10 with 4184 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not undemocratic. The issue is that we were promised that the result would be implemented. If they don't see it through it'll destroy trust in parliament for a decade or two (and potentially destroy the Tories too)

Mind you, given there's hardly any trust there and the Tories are bloody useless, lying, scheming a***holes, I'd say sod it just revoke A50 and end this utter madness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Current Brexit polling on 09:01 - Sep 10 with 4161 viewswkj

Current Brexit polling on 08:56 - Sep 10 by Swansea_Blue

It's not undemocratic. The issue is that we were promised that the result would be implemented. If they don't see it through it'll destroy trust in parliament for a decade or two (and potentially destroy the Tories too)

Mind you, given there's hardly any trust there and the Tories are bloody useless, lying, scheming a***holes, I'd say sod it just revoke A50 and end this utter madness.

My mum is basically like a female [redacted]ers. God save the queen and for crown and country, thankfully a bit less racist than all that, but definately conservative. Voted brexit and sung it loud and proud. You can imagine my shock yesterday when she said "Taking back control and putting in the hands of the racist Tory tribute act? The madness of it all, keep things as they were"

I was proud and quite shocked to discover she was Irish all this time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Current Brexit polling on 09:02 - Sep 10 with 4159 viewsGuthrum

After all, it's the Conservatives themselves who failed to implement the result.

By wasting time, by not seeking any kind of consensus, by not seriously attempting to carry other parties (or even factions of) with them, by constant infighting, by poor negotiation and painting themselves into a corner, by throwing away their own parliamentary majority.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Current Brexit polling on 09:03 - Sep 10 with 4154 viewsGeoffSentence

Much as I'd like to see A50 revoked, I don't think that would end the madness. It would probably initiate a whole new world of madness.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Current Brexit polling on 09:04 - Sep 10 with 4150 viewsGuthrum

Current Brexit polling on 09:01 - Sep 10 by wkj

My mum is basically like a female [redacted]ers. God save the queen and for crown and country, thankfully a bit less racist than all that, but definately conservative. Voted brexit and sung it loud and proud. You can imagine my shock yesterday when she said "Taking back control and putting in the hands of the racist Tory tribute act? The madness of it all, keep things as they were"

I do not think my mother, a lifelong Conservative voter, will be supporting them this time.

Current Brexit polling on 09:05 - Sep 10 with 4141 viewsStokieBlue

You could argue that anyone who wants to remain should vote Lib Dems and skip any second referendum altogether.

It would also be very, very funny.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Current Brexit polling on 09:07 - Sep 10 with 4122 viewsSwansea_Blue

Current Brexit polling on 09:03 - Sep 10 by GeoffSentence

Much as I'd like to see A50 revoked, I don't think that would end the madness. It would probably initiate a whole new world of madness.

Fair point. I suppose this isn't go to go away any time soon, whatever the outcome.

Current Brexit polling on 09:08 - Sep 10 with 4113 viewsSwansea_Blue

Current Brexit polling on 09:01 - Sep 10 by wkj

Hehe. My old fella thinks Boris is doing a wonderful job. It's *great* being read the ramblings of the Express/Mail each time I speak to him.

Login to get fewer ads

Current Brexit polling on 09:11 - Sep 10 with 4108 viewswkj

In all honesty, the withdrawal drama has been unfolding for most of our life time, balancing the Euro-sceptics with the pro EU lot in political parties have on many occasion led to all sorts of drama and concessions. Whether we leave the EU or A50 gets revoked, Brexit ... sorry... what a bullshít word to trivialise something important... the withdrawal from the European union will shape politics for the rest of our lives.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Current Brexit polling on 09:11 - Sep 10 with 4107 viewsGuthrum

There would be a small amount of trouble and attempted disruption, plus Farage would rant endlessly. However, the biggest issue would be the loss of trust and leverage with the EU.

Sure, we would go back to full membership as before, with all its opt-outs and privileges. But there would be no chance for a long while of getting any more, with the ones we have under constant attack. Our influence would be significantly reduced also (not helped by having all those Brexit Party members in the European Parliament). Our ability to "lead reform from within" would be extremely limited.

Plus, as long as Trump is in the White House, the USA will turn its back on Britain, taking it as a snub.

Current Brexit polling on 09:44 - Sep 10 with 4052 viewsusm

But if people dont accept the first vote, why would they accept the second or the third or the fourth etc

People's view may have changed and a new referendum may well come up with a different result, but peoples opinions change all the time. You cant keep having repeat votes, you have to accept the last one, whether you like it or not.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Current Brexit polling on 09:48 - Sep 10 with 4031 viewstabletopjoe

Great, let's have another referendum so we can ignore that too. Democracy rules.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Current Brexit polling on 09:49 - Sep 10 with 4019 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Much like the polling before the first go tbf.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Current Brexit polling on 09:50 - Sep 10 with 4021 viewsitfc_bucks

Current Brexit polling on 09:44 - Sep 10 by usm

But if people dont accept the first vote, why would they accept the second or the third or the fourth etc

People's view may have changed and a new referendum may well come up with a different result, but peoples opinions change all the time. You cant keep having repeat votes, you have to accept the last one, whether you like it or not.

Because the facts and circumstances have materially changed?
Current Brexit polling on 09:50 - Sep 10 with 4024 viewsStokieBlue

Current Brexit polling on 09:48 - Sep 10 by tabletopjoe

Great, let's have another referendum so we can ignore that too. Democracy rules.

Lets all vote for the Lib Dems, revoke article 50 and write referendums off as a bad idea in general.

SB

Current Brexit polling on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 4005 viewstabletopjoe

Current Brexit polling on 09:50 - Sep 10 by StokieBlue

Lets all vote for the Lib Dems, revoke article 50 and write referendums off as a bad idea in general.

SB

Sorry, no you can't. They just voted against it.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Current Brexit polling on 09:57 - Sep 10 with 3981 viewsStokieBlue

Current Brexit polling on 09:53 - Sep 10 by tabletopjoe

Sorry, no you can't. They just voted against it.

I think you're a little confused.

You're certainly wrong.

SB

Current Brexit polling on 10:09 - Sep 10 with 3938 viewsBlueBadger

Current Brexit polling on 09:50 - Sep 10 by itfc_bucks

Because the facts and circumstances have materially changed?

If there's anything that the last three years have taught us, it's that facts are an irrelevant tool used by lefties, snowflakes and so-called experts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Current Brexit polling on 10:09 - Sep 10 with 3939 viewslowhouseblue

let's implement the first referendum and then we can think about a second referendum. that's fair, surely?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Current Brexit polling on 10:10 - Sep 10 with 3925 viewsDarth_Koont

Current Brexit polling on 10:09 - Sep 10 by lowhouseblue

let's implement the first referendum and then we can think about a second referendum. that's fair, surely?

Alright, Nigel.

Pronouns: He/Him

Current Brexit polling on 10:13 - Sep 10 with 3905 viewslowhouseblue

Current Brexit polling on 10:10 - Sep 10 by Darth_Koont

Alright, Nigel.

i know you see the world as black and white and you find complexity difficult, but not everyone who disagrees with you is either a tory or nigel farage. i know it's difficult for you to grasp but do just keep on trying.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Current Brexit polling on 10:15 - Sep 10 with 3877 viewsDanTheMan

Current Brexit polling on 10:09 - Sep 10 by lowhouseblue

You can't undo leaving with a second referendum. It would take a long time to get back into the EU once we've left, and even then we'd lose the benefits we did have in the first place.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Current Brexit polling on 10:15 - Sep 10 with 3874 viewsDarth_Koont

Current Brexit polling on 10:13 - Sep 10 by lowhouseblue

i know you see the world as black and white and you find complexity difficult, but not everyone who disagrees with you is either a tory or nigel farage. i know it's difficult for you to grasp but do just keep on trying.

You're right.

On a serious note, how do you think your boys will do in an election? And will there be an electoral pact with the Conservatives?

Pronouns: He/Him

Current Brexit polling on 10:21 - Sep 10 with 3842 viewsElephantintheRoom

None of these polls have any basis in reality because nobody is defining what 'leave' means. Given the good Friday agreement and the willful lack of government in Northern Ireland it is not entirely clear how leaving the EU, as put to the great unwashed is at all possible. So until somebody comes up with a plan for leaving the EU that can be put back to the great unwashed as 'reality v remain - your choice' then it's impossible to say. Although if the government had been forced to publish its own assessment of the chaos leaving without a deal (and ignoring the Irish and the fact that we haven't left, not really) it might have made a few people open their eyes.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Current Brexit polling on 10:24 - Sep 10 with 3830 viewslowhouseblue

Current Brexit polling on 10:15 - Sep 10 by Darth_Koont

You're right.

On a serious note, how do you think your boys will do in an election? And will there be an electoral pact with the Conservatives?

i don't have any 'boys' at present. as you'll recall they have become a safe space for anti-semitic entryists and are supported by people who are happy to turn a blind eye to that sort of thing if they think its politically convenient.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024