Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? 16:31 - Sep 9 with 1374 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The complete opposite to last season.

A long season ahead and by no means getting carried away but all the little bits of fortune possible feel like they are falling into place.

Bolton have got their act together just after we thumped them and so everyone else will play a much harder Bolton side who will take points off them.

Coventry, one of the teams I expected to be up there, have to play all their games away from home. I know it's not slowed them down yet, but in the cold months when fans won't be so inclined to travel …..

Lincoln have so much momentum and it's hard to imagine them appointing anyone on their budget who can get close to what the Cowley's would have brought to them this season.

Sunderland's takeover won't have any real teeth because of the League One rules and at best, they'll have a bit of budget January.

Oxford and Pompey have had abysmal starts that put them well behind us.

Peterborough have only just got their act together after we played them.

It's nice to have a few things go for us for once as usually it feels like everyone else around us gets breaks.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 16:35 - Sep 9 with 1345 viewsMrTown

Meh, seems to be the way, you're going well, the luck follows.

Still so so long to go, it's going to be a slog and I'm looking forward to it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 16:39 - Sep 9 with 1328 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't be bothered to type a full theory out but I think a lot of our luck, good or bad, is created by us. In the Championship Evans did not provide a competitive budget (statement of fact, not a criticism) and MM set up to counter the opposition. This was effective for survival but boring.

Now we are in league one with a ridiculous squad and a big budget for this league. Evans was sensible with the ticket prices and the fans have rallied around a bit of love from Lambert and Blue Action.

Long story short, when you maximise the favourable conditions more starts going right and it feels like luck. The likes of Coventry's stadium situation and Peterborough not firing when we played them are minor factors really. We should not fear anyone in this division.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 16:42 - Sep 9 with 1301 viewsSE1blue

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 16:39 - Sep 9 by J2BLUE

I can't be bothered to type a full theory out but I think a lot of our luck, good or bad, is created by us. In the Championship Evans did not provide a competitive budget (statement of fact, not a criticism) and MM set up to counter the opposition. This was effective for survival but boring.

Now we are in league one with a ridiculous squad and a big budget for this league. Evans was sensible with the ticket prices and the fans have rallied around a bit of love from Lambert and Blue Action.

Long story short, when you maximise the favourable conditions more starts going right and it feels like luck. The likes of Coventry's stadium situation and Peterborough not firing when we played them are minor factors really. We should not fear anyone in this division.

And everything was so negative about us last year, inside and outside the club.

The media constantly mentioning our drop and MM's departing shot...have they mentioned him this year?

It was like the hangover of a bad relationship meets unemployment meets depression.

This year, it's like we're on a lads holiday and the rest of the competition looks like Wurzel Gummidge.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 17:48 - Sep 9 with 1182 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 16:39 - Sep 9 by J2BLUE

If we stop getting long term injuries, then I might think we are getting better luck, although I'm not convinced that our poor injury record was just down to bad luck.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 18:45 - Sep 9 with 1086 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Biggy is injuries are now at a normal level and people coming back adding to the group. General feel good factor.

Make no mistake though. Sunderland will spend big when that is complete. They will make some quality additions in Jan. The bigger impact for them will be next season but they will be right up there. Prem in next 5-6 years i think. Huge fan base and potentially owners with total worth of 73bn and big names at that. They won't mess about.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 18:47 - Sep 9 with 1082 viewswkj

Peterborough haven't had to change much, they played well against us in my opinion
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 19:01]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 19:02 - Sep 9 with 1033 viewsBluebell

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 18:47 - Sep 9 by wkj

Peterborough haven't had to change much, they played well against us in my opinion
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 19:01]

I thought Chambers scored against Peterborough.
Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 19:04 - Sep 9 with 1030 viewswkj

Anyone else feel like a lot is going our way? on 19:02 - Sep 9 by Bluebell

I thought Chambers scored against Peterborough.

He did, for some reason I wrongly associated the goal we conceded against Sunderland to the Peterborough game

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024