Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JRM has been mugged right off here. 02:24 - Sep 3 with 22848 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/02/jacob-rees-mogg-doctor-shameful

I'm glad all the lies, deceit and arrogance is being recorded so that when they are older his kids can read all about what vermin their father was.

Also, I'll trust the highly qualified doctor on this over some nanny raised toff who blew a fancy education to only achieve in a 2:1 in History.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 3:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 05:22 - Sep 3 with 3639 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 05:27 - Sep 3 with 3629 viewsBarneycurley

TBF it is a tad scaremongeringish

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:17 - Sep 3 with 3585 viewsm14_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 05:27 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

What qualifies you to say that?

Interested to know how you’re better informed than this doctor.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:31 - Sep 3 with 3570 viewsBarneycurley

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:17 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

I mean he's also poss not privy to what medicines supplies are like either but if is doctor comes out with claims then they obv must be true!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:37 - Sep 3 with 3561 viewsBarneycurley

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:17 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:37 - Sep 3 with 3563 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:31 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

I mean he's also poss not privy to what medicines supplies are like either but if is doctor comes out with claims then they obv must be true!

He was just a consultant neurologist involved with the preparation for no deal, but what does he know, eh? Some twonk on a football messageboard has a feeling things will be alll right, so panic over.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:47 - Sep 3 with 3529 viewsBlueBadger

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 05:27 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

The doctor involved one of the government's own advisors who's been helping to draw up no deal plans. Are you suggesting the government's own flagship policy WON'T deliver fairies, unicorns, blue passports and no foreigners?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:48 - Sep 3 with 3536 viewsFtnfwest

The guy has been involved with assessing whether there’s a risk of a shortage in the event of no deal and quantified it as part of his remit for the exercise I’m assuming. This again, I’m assuming, means the government can lay plans to overcome the risk, otherwise the exercise is a bit pointless. I don’t think the aim was for those involved to go to the media saying ‘there’s a risk this could happen and people could die, don’t you know (look at me, btw)’ and for people like JRM to be equally anal in their response. They can all just grow up tbh.
Login to get fewer ads

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:50 - Sep 3 with 3515 viewsBlueBadger

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:48 - Sep 3 by Ftnfwest

The guy has been involved with assessing whether there’s a risk of a shortage in the event of no deal and quantified it as part of his remit for the exercise I’m assuming. This again, I’m assuming, means the government can lay plans to overcome the risk, otherwise the exercise is a bit pointless. I don’t think the aim was for those involved to go to the media saying ‘there’s a risk this could happen and people could die, don’t you know (look at me, btw)’ and for people like JRM to be equally anal in their response. They can all just grow up tbh.

God I can't wait for November 1. I'll never have to deal with people like you who don't want to listen to experts ever again, because they've voted to leave all that behind.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:53 - Sep 3 with 3499 viewsm14_blue

I don’t think you can have listened to it.

He was involved in writing yellow hammer. Still, I’m sure you know more.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:56 - Sep 3 with 3488 viewsBarneycurley

Exactly - I just find it deeply frustrating that someone intrusted to complete the risk assessment now decides the best way for him to communicate his concerns is to call someone a 'Muppet' hardly the wisest or retorts is it?

Now on a football message board being called a Muppet is de rigeur

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:58 - Sep 3 with 3477 viewsBigManBlue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:56 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

Exactly - I just find it deeply frustrating that someone intrusted to complete the risk assessment now decides the best way for him to communicate his concerns is to call someone a 'Muppet' hardly the wisest or retorts is it?

But then, an MP dismissing advice on a potentially life and death matter from someone who presumably knows what they’re talking about, because it came from a “remoaner”, isn’t the model I’d have in mind for doing that job...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:59 - Sep 3 with 3479 viewsBlueBadger

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:56 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

In all fairness, he's trying to communicate his findings, as an expert, to someone who is being completely and utterly ignorant regarding his findings and advice, mainly because he a financial interest in there BEING chaos. Frankly, 'muppet' is a pretty light adjective to describe Walter the Homophobic Softy.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 7:00]

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:01 - Sep 3 with 3467 viewsm14_blue

Do you not think whistle blowing is the right thing to do if a doctor, someone who has devoted their career to helping people, can see that politicians are willing to risk lives, and lying to the public about it, in order to achieve their political aims?

I really, really, really do.

Worth noting that he also pointed out that, according to the agencies involved, nothing has changed since yellowhammer.

I suppose it comes down to whether you would rather trust this doctor, who appears to have nothing to gain by lying, or JRM, Boris, Raab, Hancock, Farage, Cummins et al, whose entire political careers depend on pulling off Brexit no matter what.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:24 - Sep 3 with 3393 viewsFtnfwest

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:01 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

Do you not think whistle blowing is the right thing to do if a doctor, someone who has devoted their career to helping people, can see that politicians are willing to risk lives, and lying to the public about it, in order to achieve their political aims?

I really, really, really do.

Worth noting that he also pointed out that, according to the agencies involved, nothing has changed since yellowhammer.

I suppose it comes down to whether you would rather trust this doctor, who appears to have nothing to gain by lying, or JRM, Boris, Raab, Hancock, Farage, Cummins et al, whose entire political careers depend on pulling off Brexit no matter what.

You’re right they should have been consulting experts like this some months ago as part of a risk analysis in the event of no deal. As we are still in the EU and he wrote his article in March I’m uncertain to be fair what should have changed in the meantime other than drawing up contingency plans. Not sure where I’ve said we ignore people like Mr Nicholls, other than he and JRM calling each other names I’m not sure he has been ignored, has he?
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:25 - Sep 3 with 3387 viewsFtnfwest

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:50 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

God I can't wait for November 1. I'll never have to deal with people like you who don't want to listen to experts ever again, because they've voted to leave all that behind.

All the government need to do was consult him as part of a risk exercise and they couldn’t even do that
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:30 - Sep 3 with 3371 viewsm14_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:24 - Sep 3 by Ftnfwest

You’re right they should have been consulting experts like this some months ago as part of a risk analysis in the event of no deal. As we are still in the EU and he wrote his article in March I’m uncertain to be fair what should have changed in the meantime other than drawing up contingency plans. Not sure where I’ve said we ignore people like Mr Nicholls, other than he and JRM calling each other names I’m not sure he has been ignored, has he?

But they haven’t drawn up any meaningful contingency plans, or if they have then they don’t appear to have consulted the relevant bodies.

You don’t want him to say anything about his concerns, I think he’s absolutely right to. In fact, in these circumstances, I would say it would be bordering on immoral not to.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:39 - Sep 3 with 3348 viewsFtnfwest

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:30 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

But they haven’t drawn up any meaningful contingency plans, or if they have then they don’t appear to have consulted the relevant bodies.

You don’t want him to say anything about his concerns, I think he’s absolutely right to. In fact, in these circumstances, I would say it would be bordering on immoral not to.

I’m happy for him to raise his concerns as part of the contingency planning which I’m no expert on but everyone else seems to be, because that was the whole point of it. From what I can see his separate article was written in March at the time the consultation was happening when he was already part of the process to stop such eventualities happening. If you’re suggesting (or at least the Guardian is) that they have evidence that the government is deliberately ignoring the advice then yes the government are all idiots.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:41 - Sep 3 with 3336 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:39 - Sep 3 by Ftnfwest

I’m happy for him to raise his concerns as part of the contingency planning which I’m no expert on but everyone else seems to be, because that was the whole point of it. From what I can see his separate article was written in March at the time the consultation was happening when he was already part of the process to stop such eventualities happening. If you’re suggesting (or at least the Guardian is) that they have evidence that the government is deliberately ignoring the advice then yes the government are all idiots.

What further evidence is needed than a member of the government dismissing his concerns and simply labelling him a remoaner?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:41 - Sep 3 with 3332 viewsm14_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:39 - Sep 3 by Ftnfwest

That’s what he said during the conversation and JRM didn’t dispute it, just attacked the messenger.

He could be wrong, I have no idea, like I said before, it depends who you trust more.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 7:47]
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:12 - Sep 3 with 3266 viewsBlueBadger

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:25 - Sep 3 by Ftnfwest

All the government need to do was consult him as part of a risk exercise and they couldn’t even do that

He was part of the Operation Yellowhammer team assessing risk. They did consult him and JRM is trying to ignore and dismiss his claims. Because he stands to make a lot of money from a no-deal.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:51 - Sep 3 with 3198 viewsfactual_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:37 - Sep 3 by footers

He was just a consultant neurologist involved with the preparation for no deal, but what does he know, eh? Some twonk on a football messageboard has a feeling things will be alll right, so panic over.

Dimwit brexiteers just need to Get Behind Their Country, and we'll get the Empire back.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:55 - Sep 3 with 3187 viewsSwansea_Blue

He literally wrote the government's risk assessment document

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:58 - Sep 3 with 3178 viewsFtnfwest

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:12 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

He was part of the Operation Yellowhammer team assessing risk. They did consult him and JRM is trying to ignore and dismiss his claims. Because he stands to make a lot of money from a no-deal.

He's certainly trying to dismiss his claim that JRM has a proportion of people in mind that he's happy to accept will die, not surprisingly.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:58 - Sep 3 with 3175 viewsSwansea_Blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:51 - Sep 3 by factual_blue

Dimwit brexiteers just need to Get Behind Their Country, and we'll get the Empire back.

It's ok, we've the rebel alliance to protect us if the Empire Strikes Back

https://images.spot.im/v1/production/zfs2jrcyjwymufaohcg9
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 9:00]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024