Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our second goal 21:37 - Sep 1 with 4999 viewsHipsterectomy

Just noticed that during the second goal celebrations, Chambers shouts at a couple of Town players walking back to our half to call everyone into a little huddle to, what looks like, give them all a hug and let them know they're doing great.

Never seen a captain do something like that before. Respect.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Our second goal on 06:14 - Sep 2 with 4470 viewsArnieM

Chambers IS a great captain. Not many Town fans appear to recognise that though.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our second goal on 06:43 - Sep 2 with 4403 viewsMattinLondon

Our second goal on 06:14 - Sep 2 by ArnieM

Chambers IS a great captain. Not many Town fans appear to recognise that though.

I disagree- I think most people recognise the fact that he is a great captain- it’s his actual ability that some take issue with.
Our second goal on 07:52 - Sep 2 with 4176 viewsfranz_tyson

Did it work, though... the huddle?

I thought we went flat after the second goal. Chambers does a lot of posturing and hugging and noticeable captain-like arm-waving .. but is it usually effective? Chambers played fine for me... but I think his captaincy is a bit over-rated. I’d prefer him to be a better organiser rather than a loud back-slapper and team-huddler.
I thought that team huddle was a bit embarrassing and unnecessary.
Our second goal on 08:14 - Sep 2 with 4087 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Our second goal on 07:52 - Sep 2 by franz_tyson

I thought we went flat after the second goal. Chambers does a lot of posturing and hugging and noticeable captain-like arm-waving .. but is it usually effective? Chambers played fine for me... but I think his captaincy is a bit over-rated. I’d prefer him to be a better organiser rather than a loud back-slapper and team-huddler.

I thought it showed great togetherness. So much so, i had an urge to run on and join in.

Good skipper is Chambers. There does seem a really good comaraderie among the players.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Our second goal on 08:15 - Sep 2 with 4080 viewschicoazul

Very few people on here or IRL don't think he is a good captain. I have hardly seen or heard that. It's his fading qualities as a player some have pointed out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Our second goal on 08:21 - Sep 2 with 4049 viewsBlueBadger

Chambers has been doing stuff like that, in one form on another, since being made captain. The way he stood up and tried to rally te playing squad in the wake of Mini Roy's sacking last season is another example that stands out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our second goal on 08:24 - Sep 2 with 4028 viewsartsbossbeard

The game went flat after the sending off rather than just after the second goal.

It was over as a match then and both teams knew it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Our second goal on 08:26 - Sep 2 with 4016 viewsBlueBadger

Well, we scored another one and conceded none, so...yes?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Our second goal on 09:01 - Sep 2 with 3841 viewshammo56

What i respected him for on Saturday was when he was fouled which led to the sending off he made no attempt to roll over and over in order to convince the ref to send the player off like many players would but got straight up instead.
Our second goal on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 3756 viewsOldsmoker

Our second goal on 09:01 - Sep 2 by hammo56

What i respected him for on Saturday was when he was fouled which led to the sending off he made no attempt to roll over and over in order to convince the ref to send the player off like many players would but got straight up instead.

I read that the Shrews manager said that that was not a foul and he shouldn't have been booked. He claims that replays showed Whalley didn't touch Chambers and the lino got it wrong.
That's astonishing because the lino is a few feet away. The Shrews manager is on the touchline some 50 yards away and the cameras recording the action are a further 30 ft in the stand behind his back.
Never let the truth get in the way of a desperate excuse for losing.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 9:38]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Our second goal on 09:23 - Sep 2 with 3728 viewsthatdamgood89

This is a pretty standard thing for players both captain or otherwise to do. Delph did it yesterday in the Everton game when going 3-2 up.

No one has ever said however he is a bad captain. Bad player many times bad captain no.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Our second goal on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 3690 viewslinhdi

Our second goal on 09:21 - Sep 2 by Oldsmoker

I read that the Shrews manager said that that was not a foul and he shouldn't have been booked. He claims that replays showed Whalley didn't touch Chambers and the lino got it wrong.
That's astonishing because the lino is a few feet away. The Shrews manager is on the touchline some 50 yards away and the cameras recording the action are a further 30 ft in the stand behind his back.

Shrews obviously have a proud record of deluded managers who blame anyone bar themselves.
Our second goal on 11:08 - Sep 2 with 3464 viewsbritbiker

Our second goal on 09:27 - Sep 2 by linhdi

Shrews obviously have a proud record of deluded managers who blame anyone bar themselves.

Shame about the Shrews as there is a good team in there if they choose to drop the 'Bolton of old' fouling at every opportunity approach.
Our second goal on 12:18 - Sep 2 with 3358 viewsSwailsey

Embarrassing?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Our second goal on 12:27 - Sep 2 with 3315 viewsSuperblue95

Our second goal on 09:01 - Sep 2 by hammo56

Calmly walked back into position too rather than going over to the ref to have a whinge about the tackle.

Whatever you think about him as a player he really is a great bloke to have at the club

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Our second goal on 02:56 - Sep 3 with 2958 viewsBluearmy71

"embarrassing and unnecessary. "

I suspect many, possibly even he players would think the same of your post!
Our second goal on 08:18 - Sep 3 with 2794 viewscharlie1

Our second goal on 09:21 - Sep 2 by Oldsmoker

I’m always amazed how managers come out with rubbish like this.

A quick glance at the Laws Of The Game tells you that contact isn’t a necessary element of a foul.

There are many incidents where fouls can be committed without any contact at all.

You’d think a professional manager would know that.
Our second goal on 08:25 - Sep 3 with 2777 viewsSteve_M

There was no doubt also a reminder to keep things tight for a few minutes and the game would be won. He did it after we scored against Wigan at PR last season I believe (I didn't see it but someone mentioned it on here).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our second goal on 08:26 - Sep 3 with 2773 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah they do, he got player of the season for being a good captain

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Our second goal on 08:44 - Sep 3 with 2731 viewsBryanPlug

Our second goal on 08:18 - Sep 3 by charlie1

I’m always amazed how managers come out with rubbish like this.

A quick glance at the Laws Of The Game tells you that contact isn’t a necessary element of a foul.

There are many incidents where fouls can be committed without any contact at all.

You’d think a professional manager would know that.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Our second goal on 11:57 - Sep 3 with 2634 viewsMillsey

Our second goal on 08:44 - Sep 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Sliding in from behind hey!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024