Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 11:25 - Sep 1 with 5381 viewsHerbivore

I've always felt that there's a player in there despite his struggles last season and I'm glad to see him coming good. That finish yesterday was top class, he's running away from the goal and manges to lash a bobbling ball home and gives the keeper no chance. Good run and cross for the third goal too. He's a good finisher and his all round game has improved, his movement especially is much better and means he's getting into dangerous positions more regularly. Playing in a front two definitely helps, as does dropping down a level, but it's pleasing to see him amongst the goals and playing well. Long may it continue.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 11:32 - Sep 1 with 4944 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rare as this may seem. I agree with you here.

I've been saying last season and in close season that Jackson will be a major player for us this season.

A lot of people wrote him off, especially when Harrison left.

Hopefully his form will continue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kayden Jackson on 11:34 - Sep 1 with 4930 viewssparks

Kayden Jackson on 11:32 - Sep 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Rare as this may seem. I agree with you here.

I've been saying last season and in close season that Jackson will be a major player for us this season.

A lot of people wrote him off, especially when Harrison left.

Hopefully his form will continue.

Noone wrote him off.

Lots of people made entirely valid observations that we had overpaid for a player with very little int he way of a goalscoring record and who, so far, really hadnt shown much.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kayden Jackson on 11:36 - Sep 1 with 4919 viewswkj

I certainly didn't write him off, but was quite open that he had a lot to do to win me over. I don't think at the time many can be blamed for believing we'd let the better of the two strikers leave.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kayden Jackson on 11:36 - Sep 1 with 4917 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kayden Jackson on 11:34 - Sep 1 by sparks

Noone wrote him off.

Lots of people made entirely valid observations that we had overpaid for a player with very little int he way of a goalscoring record and who, so far, really hadnt shown much.

Have to agree to massively disagree there.

Soooo many people were happy to write him off.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kayden Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 4906 viewsclive_baker

I’m really pleased to see how well he’s started the season. Watching him last year you’re left scratching your head at what we had paid £1.6m for, and that’s still all to prove of course, but his touch and movement was awful last season. In his defence he was in a crap team devoid of belief. It’s not so much about his finishing but his contribution outside the box that’s impressed me most this season, no doubt stepping down a level has helped as the quality is miles short of the Championship, but if he keeps scoring at this level then that’ll go a long way to us being successful

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kayden Jackson on 11:40 - Sep 1 with 4901 viewsWickets

Kayden Jackson on 11:34 - Sep 1 by sparks

Noone wrote him off.

Actually One or two said he was brown stuff !
Kayden Jackson on 11:42 - Sep 1 with 4885 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kayden Jackson on 11:40 - Sep 1 by Wickets

Indeed they did!!

Kayden Jackson on 11:43 - Sep 1 with 4869 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 11:36 - Sep 1 by wkj

I certainly didn't write him off, but was quite open that he had a lot to do to win me over. I don't think at the time many can be blamed for believing we'd let the better of the two strikers leave.

Personally I always saw the logic in keeping Jackson rather than Harrison. Harrison is similar to Norwood in terms of how he plays and clearly Norwood was seen as an upgrade on him. Jackson's pace and ability to run the chanels offers something different. He's playing very well currently.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 12:42]

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 4855 viewsWickets

Kayden Jackson on 11:43 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Personally I always saw the logic in keeping Jackson rather than Harrison. Harrison is similar to Norwood in terms of how he plays and clearly Norwood was seen as an upgrade on him. Jackson's pace and ability to run the chanels offers something different. He's playing very well currently.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 12:42]

Yes and the fact that pace scares the life out of defenders .
Kayden Jackson on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 4814 viewsSteve_M

There have always been good moments from Jackson but also a fairly poor first touch and a lack of awareness. He is clearly happier playing in a front two - which rasies more questions about how Hurst was intending to fit him into a 4-1-4-1 formation - and is playing with confidence at the moment.

I would agree with you that his movement looks much improved, his pace was a big part of the good first half against Sunderland for example. I think his best game was West From away last year, really good running into wide positions and a constant threat.

The drop in the quality of opponents helps too, there's definitely more space but matching last season's goals tally so early is a good start.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 10:50]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kayden Jackson on 12:04 - Sep 1 with 4783 viewsbritbiker

Kayden Jackson on 11:45 - Sep 1 by Wickets

Yes and the fact that pace scares the life out of defenders .

Also surprised to see how fast Norwood was on occasions yesterday.
Kayden Jackson on 12:44 - Sep 1 with 4669 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 12:04 - Sep 1 by britbiker

Also surprised to see how fast Norwood was on occasions yesterday.

Yeah, he's quicker than you expect. I was there with a non-Town supporting friend yesterday and he commented on Norwood's turn of pace.

Kayden Jackson on 13:30 - Sep 1 with 4581 viewsjudespiveyg

Having a strike partner has made all the difference, too often last year he was up top on his own forcing him to play with his back to goal which is never going to be his game. Now he can have the ball out in front of him he can play to his strengths.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Kayden Jackson on 14:20 - Sep 1 with 4467 viewsBLUEBEAT

Kayden Jackson on 11:40 - Sep 1 by Wickets

KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL

Poll: W or W

Kayden Jackson on 16:02 - Sep 1 with 4324 viewsWickets

Kayden Jackson on 14:20 - Sep 1 by BLUEBEAT

KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL

Very true and the way you choose to interpret my comments could well make you one in some peoples eyes !
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 16:03]
Kayden Jackson on 16:37 - Sep 1 with 4274 viewsStokieBlue

Agree entirely.

I said many times last season he wasn't suited to one up top with his back to goal. Now he's feeding off good balls in behind and flicks from Norwood he looks very dangerous and could grab loads of goals this year.

I actually think he could do it in the Championship if utilised correctly. It's a big season for him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kayden Jackson on 16:39 - Sep 1 with 4265 viewsBLUEBEAT

Kayden Jackson on 16:02 - Sep 1 by Wickets

Very true and the way you choose to interpret my comments could well make you one in some peoples eyes !
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 16:03]

Massive

Kayden Jackson on 18:19 - Sep 1 with 4139 viewsActionMan

Just out of interest was Jackson the first Ipswich player since the 1957 to have scored in both the 2nd and 3rd divisions for Ipswich? Luke Chambers and Flynn Downes being the others now?

Flynn Downes could go on to score in the top 3 divisions for Town should we keep him and progress the right way. Weird to think about that since it was so long since Ipswich have done that.
Kayden Jackson on 19:40 - Sep 1 with 4010 viewsSteve_M

Kayden Jackson on 18:19 - Sep 1 by ActionMan

Just out of interest was Jackson the first Ipswich player since the 1957 to have scored in both the 2nd and 3rd divisions for Ipswich? Luke Chambers and Flynn Downes being the others now?

Flynn Downes could go on to score in the top 3 divisions for Town should we keep him and progress the right way. Weird to think about that since it was so long since Ipswich have done that.

It was Chambers as Jackson scored his first a match later.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kayden Jackson on 19:43 - Sep 1 with 3992 viewsWickets

Kayden Jackson on 16:39 - Sep 1 by BLUEBEAT

Massive

Same ! so easy !!
Kayden Jackson on 20:11 - Sep 1 with 3958 viewsBLUEBEAT

Kayden Jackson on 19:43 - Sep 1 by Wickets

Same ! so easy !!

I’m of JA heritage, seen?

🇯🇲

Kayden Jackson on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 3900 viewsitfcjoe

I think he was just the wrong signing last year for how we were looking to play - and people spoke about £1.6m like it was/is a lot of money, it really isn't.

Peterborough had agreed the same fee as we had, we have just been conditioned into believing that a nothing fee was going to bring in a player who would hit the ground running in the 2nd tier.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kayden Jackson on 22:04 - Sep 1 with 3820 viewsActionMan

Kayden Jackson on 19:40 - Sep 1 by Steve_M

It was Chambers as Jackson scored his first a match later.

of course it was, brain fart
Kayden Jackson on 22:09 - Sep 1 with 3796 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 20:52 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

I think he was just the wrong signing last year for how we were looking to play - and people spoke about £1.6m like it was/is a lot of money, it really isn't.

Peterborough had agreed the same fee as we had, we have just been conditioned into believing that a nothing fee was going to bring in a player who would hit the ground running in the 2nd tier.

The irony being that despite the general view that we overpaid for him, if he bags 20 goals this season - which looks quite possible the way he's going - he'll be worth an awful lot more than £1.6m.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 22:10]

Kayden Jackson on 22:21 - Sep 1 with 3755 viewsActionMan

Kayden Jackson on 22:09 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

The irony being that despite the general view that we overpaid for him, if he bags 20 goals this season - which looks quite possible the way he's going - he'll be worth an awful lot more than £1.6m.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 22:10]

To be fair on the criticisms I don't think anyone thought he was bad contributor, his work rate was always very good, it was only that he largely looked out of his depth in the Championship, and that was probably the weakest Championship for years in terms of overall quality hence why it took an absolute age to relegate us despite us not winning for months.

He has stepped up to League One so far though, and considering he's not played much League One football, I think less then 10 games (he played for Stanley in League Two) we are actually seeing him progress, the question is whether that will translate to the Championship if we return. Looking forward, he's stepped up and playing well and he's working well with the team and I couldn't be happier with him at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024