Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane Vincent-Young 22:02 - Aug 31 with 5175 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

In one home game he played a level above anything Kenlock or Emmanuel
have ever played for us, even in their very best games.

A home debut up there with Whitton and Finidi. Phenomenal.

Just goes to highlight how much better we could be at left back.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:09 - Aug 31 with 5114 viewsclive_baker

He’s quality. Really good footballer. I also like the fact he seems like the right sort of character too, he’s level headed, bright and articulate. He’s that kind of humble, god-fearing London lad and it’s refreshing to see. I mentioned before that with him, and Norwood it seems Lambert has definitely added the right characters. Sensible and driven who I have a lot of trust in. Massively, massively important. Shouldn’t be underestimated.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:12 - Aug 31 with 5084 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Whitton and Finidi".

Here is hoping the rest of his time with us is far more the former than the latter.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:14 - Aug 31 with 5068 viewsjimmyvet

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:09 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

He’s quality. Really good footballer. I also like the fact he seems like the right sort of character too, he’s level headed, bright and articulate. He’s that kind of humble, god-fearing London lad and it’s refreshing to see. I mentioned before that with him, and Norwood it seems Lambert has definitely added the right characters. Sensible and driven who I have a lot of trust in. Massively, massively important. Shouldn’t be underestimated.

Spot on, he was terrific could turn out to be a real bargain.
Kane Vincent-Young on 22:20 - Aug 31 with 5042 viewsBugs

To be fair to Kenlock he was alright today, certainly good enough for league 1. But yeah Vincent-Young is looking like a fantastic bit of business.
Kane Vincent-Young on 22:28 - Aug 31 with 4984 viewsSimonds92

Imagine having him on trial seeing him up close in training and thinking nah id rather spend money on Janoi Donacien!
Kane Vincent-Young on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 4959 viewsStokieBlue

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:20 - Aug 31 by Bugs

To be fair to Kenlock he was alright today, certainly good enough for league 1. But yeah Vincent-Young is looking like a fantastic bit of business.

Don't really agree.

I thought he was poor again as he has been most times I see him. Defensively he gave away the ball just outside our area at least twice and going forward he slows everything down or ran into the space Georgiou was already occupying.

He's not good enough in my opinion but I may turn out to be wrong over the longer term. I think Garbutt will replace him over the course of the season and sign on a free next season (all being well).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kane Vincent-Young on 23:25 - Aug 31 with 4814 viewsSteve_M

Not quite up with Whitton and Finidi' but he was really good, clear step up I class at full back. Still a little raw, got beaten easily early on but he'll learn.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kane Vincent-Young on 23:51 - Aug 31 with 4712 viewsSWGF

Kane Vincent-Young on 23:25 - Aug 31 by Steve_M

Not quite up with Whitton and Finidi' but he was really good, clear step up I class at full back. Still a little raw, got beaten easily early on but he'll learn.

#KLAXON

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Kane Vincent-Young on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 4708 viewsSWGF

Let's not get carried away here

Once he's single handedly got us promoted to the Premier League, he'll deserve comparisons!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 23:57]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Kane Vincent-Young on 01:47 - Sep 1 with 4553 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I thought he was superb today; driving forward incisively (reminding me of Fabian Wilnis), linking up well, and his pass during the build up for the 3rd goal was a thing of beauty.

His positioning and reading of the game were also very good, although he got caught out of position once or twice.

A wonderful performance; if he continues like this, then £500k will be a steal!
Kane Vincent-Young on 01:53 - Sep 1 with 4539 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock was awful again for me sadly.

KVY is mustard though. Looked absolute quality today.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 1:55]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kane Vincent-Young on 09:16 - Sep 1 with 4218 viewsdavblue

Kane Vincent-Young on 01:53 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Kenlock was awful again for me sadly.

KVY is mustard though. Looked absolute quality today.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 1:55]

He let his man drift by him for their chance just before half time if I recall correctly.
Kane Vincent-Young on 09:35 - Sep 1 with 4159 viewsStokieBlue

Kane Vincent-Young on 09:16 - Sep 1 by davblue

He let his man drift by him for their chance just before half time if I recall correctly.

Yes but he offers so much more going forward. We may concede the odd goal if he lets someone go but he will likely provide more at the other end.

No point being totally defensively solid if the FB bogs down every attack or slows it down - Kenlock tends to do this unfortunately.

SB
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 9:36]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kane Vincent-Young on 09:39 - Sep 1 with 4128 viewsHerbivore

Kane Vincent-Young on 09:16 - Sep 1 by davblue

Nope. He was marking Morrison who won the flick on. The runner in behind wasn't his man.

Kane Vincent-Young on 09:44 - Sep 1 with 4098 viewsnoggin

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:30 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

Don't really agree.

I thought he was poor again as he has been most times I see him. Defensively he gave away the ball just outside our area at least twice and going forward he slows everything down or ran into the space Georgiou was already occupying.

He's not good enough in my opinion but I may turn out to be wrong over the longer term. I think Garbutt will replace him over the course of the season and sign on a free next season (all being well).

SB

He always frightens me when he receives the ball around our own area. Seems to hesitate and gives the opposition time to close him down.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 9:46]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:08 - Sep 1 with 4046 viewsEly_Blue

Kane Vincent-Young on 22:14 - Aug 31 by jimmyvet

Spot on, he was terrific could turn out to be a real bargain.

He would have been a better bargain had that idiot Hurst taken him for free last summer though

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:11 - Sep 1 with 4026 viewsHerbivore

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:08 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

He would have been a better bargain had that idiot Hurst taken him for free last summer though

He wasn't available for free. We'd have had to pay compensation for him which Phil has reported would have been a seven figure sum.

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:15 - Sep 1 with 4006 viewsEly_Blue

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:11 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

He wasn't available for free. We'd have had to pay compensation for him which Phil has reported would have been a seven figure sum.

Sorry my bad i didnt realise that, I thought last season his contract was up with Colchester though which surely would have made him a free agent wouldnt it?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:18 - Sep 1 with 3992 viewsclive_baker

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:15 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

Sorry my bad i didnt realise that, I thought last season his contract was up with Colchester though which surely would have made him a free agent wouldnt it?

Because of his age it would’ve gone to a tribunal as Col would’ve been due compensation for his development. It would’ve been less than we paid I’m sure (maybe £200k ish), but that’s by the by.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:28 - Sep 1 with 3951 viewsHerbivore

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:15 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

He's under 24 and had been offered new terms by Colchester so a fee would have been set by tribunal.

Kane Vincent-Young on 11:47 - Sep 1 with 3779 viewsKeaneish

Kenlock is maturing quickly. A few times in the past he would have dinked it down the line but noticed he was cutting inside more, happier to use his right and looked a bit more composed. Would love to see him become more solid and push on this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kane Vincent-Young on 11:51 - Sep 1 with 3760 viewsbournemouthblue

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:11 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Over a million for a League Two player

Are these tribunals that favourable nowadays? I suppose we have got £500k for Brown and over a million for Knight who had zero first team appearances amongst them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kane Vincent-Young on 12:00 - Sep 1 with 3733 viewsWickets

Kane Vincent-Young on 10:18 - Sep 1 by clive_baker

Because of his age it would’ve gone to a tribunal as Col would’ve been due compensation for his development. It would’ve been less than we paid I’m sure (maybe £200k ish), but that’s by the by.

Must admit i have had to go and read his stats as i had it in my mind that he was on trial with us after being realised by Spurs but i had it wrong , he left them in 2014 and has been at Colchester since. Anyway 1/2 mill is looking good buisness .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024