Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Hyam 21:07 - Aug 31 with 2326 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

Getting absolutely slaughtered on Twitter over his performance today. Surprised Bond hasn’t gone yet. Lost 5 in a row I think.

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

Luke Hyam on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 2224 viewspointofblue

Think it was his first start of the season so I wonder if he has match fitness issues. They've hardly been doing any better without him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luke Hyam on 21:14 - Aug 31 with 2194 viewsRozz

Luke Hyam on 21:12 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Think it was his first start of the season so I wonder if he has match fitness issues. They've hardly been doing any better without him.

"nobody can disrespect the fans like that" on Twitter. What's he done?
Luke Hyam on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 2111 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

Luke Hyam on 21:14 - Aug 31 by Rozz

"nobody can disrespect the fans like that" on Twitter. What's he done?

Don’t think he’s done anything to them. Played really badly and Bond took one of their best players off, despite the player asking to come off due to injury. So think it’s aimed at Bond without knowing why the other player came of.

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

Luke Hyam on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 1967 viewspointofblue

Kevin Bond: "The supporters are booing Luke Hyam but he’s the only midfielder player we've got. I’m not being disrespectful to Luke but we have three midfielders available.”

Well that's going to help his confidence no end.

Luke Hyam on 21:41 - Aug 31 with 1917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Luke Hyam on 21:37 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Kevin Bond: "The supporters are booing Luke Hyam but he’s the only midfielder player we've got. I’m not being disrespectful to Luke but we have three midfielders available.”

Not sure it will knock Hyam's confidence. He is used to it from our fans here.

Sounds like he is being played while not match fit too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Luke Hyam on 21:45 - Aug 31 with 1871 viewsWD19

Luke Hyam on 21:37 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Less a confidence issue, more a competence one.
Luke Hyam on 21:48 - Aug 31 with 1852 viewspointofblue

Luke Hyam on 21:45 - Aug 31 by WD19

Less a confidence issue, more a competence one.

Hyam was an adequate Championship player who had issues here because he was far too similar to Skuse and, later on, Douglas. Unless something has happened to him, mentally or physically, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to play in a League One midfield.

Luke Hyam on 21:57 - Aug 31 with 1762 viewsWD19

Luke Hyam on 21:48 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Hyam was an adequate Championship player who had issues here because he was far too similar to Skuse and, later on, Douglas. Unless something has happened to him, mentally or physically, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to play in a League One midfield.

An adequate championship midfielder should have been able to hold off Douglas by that stage.

But yes, I take your point that Hyam probably should be able to operate at L1 level.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Hyam on 22:16 - Aug 31 with 1650 viewspointofblue

Luke Hyam on 21:57 - Aug 31 by WD19

An adequate championship midfielder should have been able to hold off Douglas by that stage.

But yes, I take your point that Hyam probably should be able to operate at L1 level.

I think Mick was hoping Douglas would find a spark of his old self the more time he was given, akin to Downes' performance now. Plus the Skuse/Hyam axis had already been shown as ineffective.

Luke Hyam on 22:58 - Aug 31 with 1451 viewsChurchman

Luke Hyam on 22:16 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I think Mick was hoping Douglas would find a spark of his old self the more time he was given, akin to Downes' performance now. Plus the Skuse/Hyam axis had already been shown as ineffective.

When I first saw him I thought there was a decent, defensive midfield, player there. In particular a game at Wigan on tv where he really seemed to fit well with I think Bishop. I think that Hyam’s struggle with injuries held back his development, not helped by ill discipline on the pitch sometimes. Add in MMs preference for Douglas and his incompatibility with Skuse and his time was up. I had hoped that at a lower level he might get his career going. Sadly it sounds like it isn’t.

As for MM ‘hoping Douglas would find a spark of his old self’, there was no chance of that miracle ever happening. I think it was more about MMs stubbornness when Douglas was getting slaughtered on and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024