Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action-Very impressive 19:04 - Aug 31 with 7400 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Great banner and a fitting quote.

Top stuff gents. I think you said you had something planned for Doncaster as well? If so, will be looking forward to it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:11 - Aug 31 with 3601 viewshomer_123

It was great to see the whole north stand in on something like that....it made me chuckle for sure.

But am I the only one that thinks it's a touch misguided?

I mean Lambo contributed to our relegation even taking into account what he inherited and also the good work off the pitch.

I'm hoping he resides over our promotion this season and next season as we storm the championship to get back to the prem but...maybe this was a touch OTT.

I know I'll get slated and I think it's a great gesture but not the right time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:19 - Aug 31 with 3522 viewsBlackboots

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:11 - Aug 31 by homer_123

It was great to see the whole north stand in on something like that....it made me chuckle for sure.

I mean Lambo contributed to our relegation even taking into account what he inherited and also the good work off the pitch.

I'm hoping he resides over our promotion this season and next season as we storm the championship to get back to the prem but...maybe this was a touch OTT.

They’re doing something positive and having a massive impact on the atmosphere. If they choose to do something to show the manager he has their trust and support why knock it? I heard Lambert on BBC Suffolk this evening saying how much it meant to him and how touched he was by it.

I’m far from convinced that he’s a great manager but I love what he’s done to connect the club and the fans. For that alone he deserves more credit than any of the 4 or 5 managers that have gone before him.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:19 - Aug 31 with 3521 viewsSitfcB

You’re right but you’ll get slated unfortunately.

A bit early to be ‘serenading’ him with banners.

Should’ve been a picture of the team huddle or something.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:21 - Aug 31 with 3503 viewshomer_123

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:19 - Aug 31 by Blackboots

They’re doing something positive and having a massive impact on the atmosphere. If they choose to do something to show the manager he has their trust and support why knock it? I heard Lambert on BBC Suffolk this evening saying how much it meant to him and how touched he was by it.

I’m far from convinced that he’s a great manager but I love what he’s done to connect the club and the fans. For that alone he deserves more credit than any of the 4 or 5 managers that have gone before him.

Not against gestures like that at all and it's great to see as I said.

Completely respect your view and when I posted I suspected not many would agree.

Average home attendance over 20,000 that's brilliant to see though isnt it?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:22 - Aug 31 with 3481 viewsKieran_Knows

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:24 - Aug 31 with 3464 viewsblueconscience

What did the second part say? I could only read up to the Paul Lambert Banner where I was sitting

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 3432 viewsBlackboots

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:21 - Aug 31 by homer_123

Not against gestures like that at all and it's great to see as I said.

Completely respect your view and when I posted I suspected not many would agree.

Average home attendance over 20,000 that's brilliant to see though isnt it?

Yes it is, I thought i’d hate us being the third division even if we were winning but it’s surprisingly enjoyable. I’m guessing a lot of those behind Blue Action have only known Keane, McCarthy, Jewell and Hurst so I completely understand why they like Lambert because he acknowledges the positive impact their support can have on the team.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:31 - Aug 31 with 3401 viewsunstableblue

Listening to Lambert on Radio Suffolk he was genuinely moved by the gesture.... and it's clearly going to inspire him

I agree it's a little early for total adoration... but it's a nice thank you for how he's improved the club and fan base connection

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:35 - Aug 31 with 3366 viewsSomethingBlue

You are overthinking. It all keeps the momentum and good feeling going. We finally have a little bit of both back after years without.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:39 - Aug 31 with 3321 viewsJ2BLUE

No one could have saved us last season. It's too early to call him the messiah but he has been brilliant IMO. Off the pitch since he got here and on the pitch this season which is when I started judging him. I can't understand anyone not writing last season off as a free hit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:40 - Aug 31 with 3316 viewsRozz

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:24 - Aug 31 by blueconscience

What did the second part say? I could only read up to the Paul Lambert Banner where I was sitting

I sit upper tier so couldn't see this pre-match, and see where the OP is coming from, but f*ck me is it good to have a feel good factor about the place for once. I agree Lambert has not done enough on the field yet and we're never likely to unveil any statues of the man, but we are where we are, and his commitment alone to connecting fans to this great club again deserves our support.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 19:49]
I agree..... on 19:42 - Aug 31 with 3299 viewsBloots

...and yes, it's not a popular opinion.

There's something not quite right about having, arguably, Norwich's most successful manager "honoured" in that way.

I don't want to knock the commendable work they do in any other way though.

Surely it could have said "Chambo"?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:43 - Aug 31 with 3286 viewsm14_blue

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:19 - Aug 31 by SitfcB

You’re right but you’ll get slated unfortunately.

A bit early to be ‘serenading’ him with banners.

Should’ve been a picture of the team huddle or something.

It was great. Why would they not be behind the manager of our club?

Keep up the good work boys.
Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:45 - Aug 31 with 3270 viewsblueconscience

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:40 - Aug 31 by Rozz

I sit upper tier so couldn't see this pre-match, and see where the OP is coming from, but f*ck me is it good to have a feel good factor about the place for once. I agree Lambert has not done enough on the field yet and we're never likely to unveil any statues of the man, but we are where we are, and his commitment alone to connecting fans to this great club again deserves our support.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 19:49]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:47 - Aug 31 with 3253 viewshomer_123

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:35 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

You are overthinking. It all keeps the momentum and good feeling going. We finally have a little bit of both back after years without.

I get it and as a gesture def not against it...just feels a bit much a bit soon.

The results and performances will keep the feel good factor going.

Also the North Stand in general have been excellent.

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:48 - Aug 31 with 3229 viewshomer_123

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:39 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

No one could have saved us last season. It's too early to call him the messiah but he has been brilliant IMO. Off the pitch since he got here and on the pitch this season which is when I started judging him. I can't understand anyone not writing last season off as a free hit.

Not gonna get into it again J2.

Just felt is was a little much. I can see why people are happy with him...he appreciates it so it's good in a whole load of respects.

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:49 - Aug 31 with 3212 viewsJ2BLUE

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:48 - Aug 31 by homer_123

Not gonna get into it again J2.

Just felt is was a little much. I can see why people are happy with him...he appreciates it so it's good in a whole load of respects.

Not getting into anything. You are obviously welcome to disagree.

Truly impaired.

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 3200 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I never watched the Rambo films and wandered why he had been done up as Geronimo!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:53 - Aug 31 with 3177 viewsSitfcB

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:39 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

‘No one could have saved us last season.‘

Disagree. We were only 5 points adrift when he came in.

COYB

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 3162 viewshomer_123

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:49 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Not getting into anything. You are obviously welcome to disagree.

Didnt mean it like that J2.

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 3160 viewsSitfcB

FFS not meant to downvote after up voting.

COYB

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:57 - Aug 31 with 3127 viewsJ2BLUE

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:54 - Aug 31 by homer_123

Didnt mean it like that J2.

Apologies, my mistake.

Truly impaired.

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:57 - Aug 31 with 3128 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:24 - Aug 31 by blueconscience

Not sure if alway posted but it's quote from Rambo 2

"To survive a war, you gotta become war"

Never thought I'd see League 1 compared to Vietnam, but there you go! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Blue Action-Very impressive on 20:00 - Aug 31 with 3124 viewsRozz

Blue Action-Very impressive on 19:53 - Aug 31 by SitfcB

‘No one could have saved us last season.‘

Disagree. We were only 5 points adrift when he came in.

This. I commend PL with his efforts with the fans, but our squad was more than capable of picking up more points than it did. However, this almost certainly meant rigid systems and tough, grinding performances, for which the fans had no appetite.

He made his decision which way to go and he's decided that the ethos and the club were more important than maintaining it's status in Div 2. I'm surprised more people don't see that he's been obsessed with the idea of a phoenix project (a la Norwich) since he came in. There was a choice, & this is the way we went. Hope it pays off. Enjoying the ride so far.
Blue Action-Very impressive on 20:03 - Aug 31 with 3083 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Understand this POV, I am very quick to criticise Lambert and some of his words/decisions.

However, if this goes about connecting fans/Players/Manager. It can only be seen as a good thing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024