Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? 18:00 - Aug 31 with 4855 viewsJ2BLUE

I suspect it's all going to be the ref's fault as he was in the ear of the fourth official constantly complaining.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:08 - Aug 31 with 4796 viewspointofblue

Sounds like we got lucky with the penalty though maybe slightly unfortunate later on in the half. The red card was nailed on though; he should be fuming at his player rather than the ref - two stupid bookings.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 23:40]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:09 - Aug 31 with 4795 viewsLankHenners

If I were a Shrewsbury fan I’d be utterly embarrassed by the total lack of discipline and ill temper, picking up bookings for throwing tantrums. Really poor from them all game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:12 - Aug 31 with 4753 viewsGuthrum

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:09 - Aug 31 by LankHenners

If I were a Shrewsbury fan I’d be utterly embarrassed by the total lack of discipline and ill temper, picking up bookings for throwing tantrums. Really poor from them all game.

Looking at their forum, it's that and the lack of effective strikers which is most upsetting them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:14 - Aug 31 with 4710 viewsSarge

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:08 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Sounds like we got lucky with the penalty though maybe slightly unfortunate later on in the half. The red card was nailed on though; he should be fuming at his player rather than the ref - two stupid bookings.

Looked a clear penalty right in front of me
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:14 - Aug 31 with 4711 viewsEastTownBlue

For the first he quite deliberately blocked a quick free kick. It certainly wasn't like the occasions I hate when players deliberately aim a quick free kick at a player to get them cautioned.

All rather stupid with a referee such as Kettle.
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:17 - Aug 31 with 4680 viewshomer_123

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:12 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

Looking at their forum, it's that and the lack of effective strikers which is most upsetting them.

They actually caused our full backs 1 or 2 problems to be fair.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:19 - Aug 31 with 4651 viewsSuperblue95

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:17 - Aug 31 by homer_123

They actually caused our full backs 1 or 2 problems to be fair.

Agreed they didn’t look like duds going forwards. I should imagine they will be well clear of relegation

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:26 - Aug 31 with 4590 viewshomer_123

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:19 - Aug 31 by Superblue95

Agreed they didn’t look like duds going forwards. I should imagine they will be well clear of relegation

Better than AFC W I thought.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

that was the best ref we've had this season (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 31 with 4538 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 19:26 - Aug 31 with 4329 viewsEastTownBlue

“It took 88 minutes for a home player to get booked, that’s all I’m saying on that.”

Right out of the Allardyce book of moaning.
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 20:40 - Aug 31 with 4127 viewsWickets

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:14 - Aug 31 by Sarge

He sort of said the foul started outside the box and it could well have done but it did continue into the box and i think we should have had a second penalty ?
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 20:53 - Aug 31 with 4066 viewswkj

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:12 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

Easily relatable if you ask me

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 4034 viewsDurovigutum

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 20:40 - Aug 31 by Wickets

He sort of said the foul started outside the box and it could well have done but it did continue into the box and i think we should have had a second penalty ?

Penalty for me, I was in south upper.

Ref was good, thought he was carrying a bit of timber pre match but he did well.
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 21:16 - Aug 31 with 3968 viewsjeera

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:14 - Aug 31 by Sarge

I thought so too and I didn't even see it!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 21:42 - Aug 31 with 3899 viewsjeera

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 21:16 - Aug 31 by jeera

I thought so too and I didn't even see it!

Hello daveu with the downvotes.

Brand new poster with no posts of your own as yet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:30 - Aug 31 with 3760 viewsGarv

I can’t believe he gave a second yellow. Standard foul in the corner. No malice, just a tackle that did no damage.

Referee was odd for me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 3732 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:30 - Aug 31 by Garv

I can’t believe he gave a second yellow. Standard foul in the corner. No malice, just a tackle that did no damage.

Referee was odd for me.

Looked late on the highlights.

The penalty was a foul outside the box. It did continue into the box but last season we would have had a free kick outside the box (or even no foul).

When you are doing well the "luck" often seems to go with you. Long may it continue because we certainly didn't seem to get too many decisions last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:41 - Aug 31 with 3712 viewspointofblue

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:37 - Aug 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Looked late on the highlights.

The penalty was a foul outside the box. It did continue into the box but last season we would have had a free kick outside the box (or even no foul).

When you are doing well the "luck" often seems to go with you. Long may it continue because we certainly didn't seem to get too many decisions last season.

It feels like we haven't had many decisions go for us for a while - possibly since the last Play Off season.

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:54 - Aug 31 with 3675 viewsStokieBlue

Referee was odd for me.

The lino made the decision - told him it was a yellow thus he had to go. Don't think the ref was going to book him before that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:56 - Aug 31 with 3666 viewspointofblue

Referee was odd for me.

Stupid, unnecessary challenge considering he was already on a yellow card. Was just inviting the ref to send him off.

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 00:06 - Sep 1 with 3633 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 18:09 - Aug 31 by LankHenners

Their fans were on whatever the players had.
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 10:27 - Sep 1 with 3323 viewsGarv

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 23:54 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

The lino made the decision - told him it was a yellow thus he had to go. Don't think the ref was going to book him before that.

SB

Good point. They had word didn't they. Still don't think it was a yellow. Chambers did him a favour, so I thought, by getting up pretty much straight away.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 3226 viewsbritbiker

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 10:27 - Sep 1 by Garv

Good point. They had word didn't they. Still don't think it was a yellow. Chambers did him a favour, so I thought, by getting up pretty much straight away.

Good on Chambers. He would have known the player had been booked already and could easily had rolled around like a Norwich player. The foul didn't look bad at first and it was right in front of me. I looked worse on the TV highlights and yes the ref did ask the lino so it was good refereeing. As he did also for the penalty decision. Maybe luck has turned our way at long last.

Thought the Shrews game plan was to commit industrial blatant fouls all over the pitch. The amount of pull backs and trips reminded me of the Bolton game years ago. The ref is known for the amount of cards he gives every game so it was poor management by them.

Thought they had the better chances for the twenty minutes after the sending off which is disappointing. Glad when Downes scored the third to cement the win. Very good win with still loads of room for improvement which should be fun for the rest of the season.
Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 3218 viewssparks

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 12:36 - Sep 1 by britbiker

Good on Chambers. He would have known the player had been booked already and could easily had rolled around like a Norwich player. The foul didn't look bad at first and it was right in front of me. I looked worse on the TV highlights and yes the ref did ask the lino so it was good refereeing. As he did also for the penalty decision. Maybe luck has turned our way at long last.

Thought the Shrews game plan was to commit industrial blatant fouls all over the pitch. The amount of pull backs and trips reminded me of the Bolton game years ago. The ref is known for the amount of cards he gives every game so it was poor management by them.

Thought they had the better chances for the twenty minutes after the sending off which is disappointing. Glad when Downes scored the third to cement the win. Very good win with still loads of room for improvement which should be fun for the rest of the season.

Both decisions were entirely reasonable. Penalty was clear- and continued into the box. Second yellow was spot on. Its a nothing situation and he left his foot in for no good reason other than to have a nibble. Ball was long gone.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 12:53 - Sep 1 with 3189 viewsbritbiker

Have we heard from the Shrewsbury manager yet? on 12:40 - Sep 1 by sparks

Both decisions were entirely reasonable. Penalty was clear- and continued into the box. Second yellow was spot on. Its a nothing situation and he left his foot in for no good reason other than to have a nibble. Ball was long gone.

I do wonder what goes on in the heads of some players. I know they are in the emotion of the game but getting yourself sent off so early for a pointless foul in an pointless area of the pitch absolutely kills your team. To then have fans moaning at ref rather than at the own player is somewhat bizarre. I does give their manager a chance to deflect from the result I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024