Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals 17:03 - Aug 31 with 5730 viewsMullet

Yet we don't really look like we've got going quite often. Having played a good cross section of the league, it's looking already like we're going to leave teams behind just by grinding out points at our worst and smothering them at our best.

We've got some nice movement on the counter and two strikers fighting it out for goals with Keane to come in and a few players yet to get on the score sheet. I don't think Lambert can have done much more can he?

The 4pts dropped against Posh and Sunderland look less important as we chew through the rest of the league and challenge them to keep up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:07 - Aug 31 with 5321 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't see them as dropped points (especially at Peterborough where we were behind until the end).

Winning against the other teams is the most important thing. Failing to lose to the other top teams is important but making sure we get 3 points instead of 1 from the games we "should" win is what matters most.

I can't see how anyone can be anything less than happy with our season so far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:07 - Aug 31 with 5327 viewsGuthrum

Looks like we played Posh at the right time, a valuable away draw just as they were getting things together.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:07 - Aug 31 with 5315 viewsvilanovablue

I still think it's a work in progress. I'm also pleased that we still have players recovering from injury on the verge of returning. There are clearly goals in this side at this level. I also think as I've said before that having the youngsters developing with us rather than on loan is likely to be a huge advantage if we do go up.
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:10 - Aug 31 with 5257 viewsPendejo

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:07 - Aug 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't see them as dropped points (especially at Peterborough where we were behind until the end).

Winning against the other teams is the most important thing. Failing to lose to the other top teams is important but making sure we get 3 points instead of 1 from the games we "should" win is what matters most.

I'm not happy with the season so far. Not been able to get to a game yet.

Will rectify at Gillingham on my return to the UK

COYB

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:41 - Aug 31 with 5044 viewsdavblue

The standard of the teams so far has been pretty poor all in all.

We've not looked fantastic at all but it feels like we are starting to see what Lambert is trying to do certainly in the last few games.

Confidence needs to be worked on still, so we are snappier with the ball and not take too many touches.

Encouraging signs but other factors is overconfidence young ones having a dip in form we need to be wary off.
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:47 - Aug 31 with 4927 viewsJDB23

Mad innit, top by 2 points and unbeaten but still wouldn't say we've had a brilliant 90 mins yet. Thought we looked a bit lightweight today but we just have quality that other teams don't and that alone will be enough in many games this season.

Still developing as a team and still have players to come back, surely we can only get better? KVY looks an absolute steal, best player on the pitch today for me.
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:47 - Aug 31 with 4926 viewsGuthrum

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:41 - Aug 31 by davblue

The standard of the teams so far has been pretty poor all in all.

We've not looked fantastic at all but it feels like we are starting to see what Lambert is trying to do certainly in the last few games.

Confidence needs to be worked on still, so we are snappier with the ball and not take too many touches.

Encouraging signs but other factors is overconfidence young ones having a dip in form we need to be wary off.

We've played a quarter of the teams in the division, it's pretty indicative that this is, indeed, the standard of League One. Lower than, perhaps, most of us thought (or we've improved mightily).

Perhaps we have, with another decent striker and playing two up front. But I think having that much more time and space has allowed our players to flourish.

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:49 - Aug 31 with 4916 viewsJ2BLUE

I know we shouldn't be in this league and it's not a proud moment in our history but bloody hell it's been fun so far.

Our three subs today could walk into most teams in this league. Just as I was thinking we still have Huws and Dozzell as well my dad turned to me and asked if we still had Teddy Bishop. Bloody hell. I know we all know our midfield is stacked but it really is stacked!

No argument that we need to get out of this league ASAP but while we're here we should enjoy every minute of it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 4873 viewscatch74

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:49 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

I know we shouldn't be in this league and it's not a proud moment in our history but bloody hell it's been fun so far.

Our three subs today could walk into most teams in this league. Just as I was thinking we still have Huws and Dozzell as well my dad turned to me and asked if we still had Teddy Bishop. Bloody hell. I know we all know our midfield is stacked but it really is stacked!

No argument that we need to get out of this league ASAP but while we're here we should enjoy every minute of it.

Early season hero Garbutt must be closing in on a return too.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:54 - Aug 31 with 4825 viewsGuthrum

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:50 - Aug 31 by catch74

The fact we've had an injury to a player who was winning games for us, but still not lost any momentum speaks volumes about the quality of our squad at this level (and Lambert's recruitment, getting Georgiou in).

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:57 - Aug 31 with 4801 viewsJ2BLUE

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:50 - Aug 31 by catch74

Bloody hell Garbutt!

So many options I literally can't remember them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 18:06 - Aug 31 with 4716 viewsIllinoisblue

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:47 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

We've played a quarter of the teams in the division, it's pretty indicative that this is, indeed, the standard of League One. Lower than, perhaps, most of us thought (or we've improved mightily).

Perhaps we have, with another decent striker and playing two up front. But I think having that much more time and space has allowed our players to flourish.

Also, we’ve had a squad that’s been used to losing for the last 18 months. The confidence they’ll take from actually winning again will be a huge factor.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 18:08 - Aug 31 with 4685 viewsRadlett_blue

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:47 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

This is a poor league so we should have enough quality to win most games, especially at home, even on an off day. Remember that most of Hurst's derided signings were seen as very good players in this league.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 18:17 - Aug 31 with 4657 viewsRegencyBlue

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:07 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

Looks like we played Posh at the right time, a valuable away draw just as they were getting things together.

Posh look like they will be there or there abouts at the death.

Surprised by Sunderland. They looked very poor down here and didn’t do themselves any favours today!
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 18:46 - Aug 31 with 4538 viewsPJH

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 17:07 - Aug 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would say that the draw with Sunderland was two dropped points.
Peterborough was a game that looked like it would be a comfortable win early on but in the end we were glad to get a draw out of it.
We could have thrown two points away at Burton and obviously came very close to dropping points against Wimbledon.
Bolton was very comfortable and today was pretty comfortable although we came close to conceding a few times.
Overall the 14 points that we have got is probably about right but they could have been accumulated differently.
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 19:03 - Aug 31 with 4460 viewsdirtyboy

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 18:46 - Aug 31 by PJH

I would say that the draw with Sunderland was two dropped points.
Peterborough was a game that looked like it would be a comfortable win early on but in the end we were glad to get a draw out of it.
We could have thrown two points away at Burton and obviously came very close to dropping points against Wimbledon.
Bolton was very comfortable and today was pretty comfortable although we came close to conceding a few times.
Overall the 14 points that we have got is probably about right but they could have been accumulated differently.

Shrewsbury were a big team weren’t they? Norwood really battled them brilliantly if not quite getting the better of them, but actually thought they looked fairly dangerous up front at times.

Vincent-Young was very very good, if he maintains that level of performance he’ll go on to better things for sure.

Kenlock I like at times, but he’s inconsistent in his defensive work and that worries me, Garbutt I would imagine will pick that position up when fit.

Winning without playing brilliantly...all good
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 19:06 - Aug 31 with 4447 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Coming together quite nicely isn’t it? The last 2 results will hopefully see us get some real momentum going - and confidence looks to be flowing up top which will be huge. The Bolton game came at a really good time for us really

Onwards and hopefully upwards, COYB

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 4200 viewsParisBlue

Doncaster 6 points behind with 2 games in hand.

And next up at Portman Road.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 22:43 - Aug 31 with 4175 viewspointofblue

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 22:35 - Aug 31 by ParisBlue

Only one in hand which is Bolton; I think they should be awarded that. The second match they've missed was today - they should have played Bury which sadly won't be happening now for anyone.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 22:46 - Aug 31 with 4159 viewssuffolkpoker

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 22:35 - Aug 31 by ParisBlue

I would rather 1 in the hand than 2 in the bush :)

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 23:03 - Aug 31 with 4092 viewsxrayspecs

Our team is weaker than last season albeit PL is starting to settle on his preferred XI which is a big help.

L1 is a big step down quality wise compared to the championship, so despite us being a downgrade on last season, we should be very competitive in this league, even when not performing well.

As confidence grows and we find our trusted system, we should improve. Having goals up front is a big plus in this division so Norwood/Jackson/Keane/Sears should wins us a lot of games.

I still think we are suspect at the back, especially at set pieces. We are a small side compared to many in this division, which is an area I would like PL to address.

Being top, undefeated, 14-4 goal difference and not yet playing well consistently is not the worst problem to have.
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 00:23 - Sep 1 with 3975 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 18:06 - Aug 31 by Illinoisblue

Also, we’ve had a squad that’s been used to losing for the last 18 months. The confidence they’ll take from actually winning again will be a huge factor.

Confidence is massive! This team are starting to look like they are at 50% but they know they have it in them to win!
3.0 each week may become the norm!
We may need 2 defenders and a striker but could lose a midfielder or 2!

KVY looks quality with a big future! Championship bound will be the first hurdle -div1 easy step up so far!

Cresswell and now Mings England call up who would have thought that!

KVY in the future???
Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 05:27 - Sep 1 with 3854 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 22:43 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Only one in hand which is Bolton; I think they should be awarded that. The second match they've missed was today - they should have played Bury which sadly won't be happening now for anyone.

They’ve still played 2 games less than us, so have 2 in hand...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 3677 viewsMullet

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 19:06 - Aug 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Coming together quite nicely isn’t it? The last 2 results will hopefully see us get some real momentum going - and confidence looks to be flowing up top which will be huge. The Bolton game came at a really good time for us really

Onwards and hopefully upwards, COYB

I do think it's about staying top now. As arrogant as the other clubs will find that. The second we wobble, you'll see the usual over reaction to it. At the minute the players and Lambert have had it fairly easy, booed off at Wimbledon is as bad as it gets, and shows the speed it can change. To have not beaten them would have been a massive disaster.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Top of the league by 2 clear pts and plenty of goals on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 3653 viewstractorboy1978

As long as we aren't giving away silly goals we will be absolutely fine. We have too much quality going forwards not to be. We can blow away teams with a few moments - this is pretty much what happened yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024