Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cantona being, well Cantona 18:44 - Aug 29 with 4065 viewsElderGrizzly

Cantona being, well Cantona on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 499 viewsWD19

Cantona being, well Cantona on 23:58 - Aug 29 by sparks

No. It wasnt poetry. Just pretentious bollox.

If Eddie Howe had said it you would be getting it made into a t-shirt.
Cantona being, well Cantona on 17:46 - Aug 30 with 492 viewsSpruceMoose

Cantona being, well Cantona on 17:40 - Aug 30 by WD19

If Eddie Howe had said it you would be getting it made into a t-shirt.

Arf!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cantona being, well Cantona on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 458 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cantona being, well Cantona on 16:42 - Aug 30 by sparks

Anger?

Just irritation at such hopelessly silly pretentiousness frmo someone clearly not nearly as bright as he would like us to think.

I really can't see what your problem with it is, or what defines something as silly and pretentious. It appears to be nothing more than "I don't like it," which puts you in Benters territory. If one of your blues legends had said it you'd be loving it.

I love it. And I love that it's coming from an ex-footballer (an unexpected source, generally). And I love the stuffy setting he said it in. And I love that Ronaldo looks confused.

The fact that it irritates you makes it art. It has inflamed you, which all art should do.

Would you have appreciated the sentiment (which is actually very apposite) if it had been written on a canvas in an art gallery?

Whether Cantona is bright or not, in your opinion, is neither here nor there.

It makes me smile. It makes me think. He could mean it or he could be taking the piss.

For that ambiguity, it's brilliant.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bully is always right.... on 21:47 - Aug 30 with 452 viewsBloots

Cantona being, well Cantona on 21:43 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

I really can't see what your problem with it is, or what defines something as silly and pretentious. It appears to be nothing more than "I don't like it," which puts you in Benters territory. If one of your blues legends had said it you'd be loving it.

I love it. And I love that it's coming from an ex-footballer (an unexpected source, generally). And I love the stuffy setting he said it in. And I love that Ronaldo looks confused.

The fact that it irritates you makes it art. It has inflamed you, which all art should do.

Would you have appreciated the sentiment (which is actually very apposite) if it had been written on a canvas in an art gallery?

Whether Cantona is bright or not, in your opinion, is neither here nor there.

It makes me smile. It makes me think. He could mean it or he could be taking the piss.

For that ambiguity, it's brilliant.

...it's what he does.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Cantona being, well Cantona on 17:16 - Aug 31 with 395 viewsWeWereZombies

Cantona being, well Cantona on 17:36 - Aug 30 by caught-in-limbo

Kaioak?

Ah, thanks. Google translate had a blip when I put in seagulls

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024