Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Programmes 16:46 - Aug 29 with 1951 viewsRocky

What is the most valuable single Ipswich Town programme?
Rather than one from the 1930s, I would hazard a guess it is later than that, perhaps a scrace pre-season friendly?
Ipswich Programmes on 17:09 - Aug 29 with 1910 viewsSteve_M

Title winning game in 1962? I imagine there are plenty in circulation for the cup wins but perhaps rather fewer from then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ipswich Programmes on 19:51 - Aug 29 with 1790 viewsxrayspecs

Good condition programmes from the professional prewar period sell for around 200 pounds each. There are three single page teamsheets from the 38/9 season that sell for around 1000 pounds each. There are also some programmes for postponed matches that can change hands for many hundreds of pounds. These and the single sheets are very scarce.

Some of the 61-2 title winning season programmes can go for 50 pounds plus as can some of our away European fixtures. Barcelona away can sell for around 100 pounds.

More recent programmes 1970s onwards rarely sell for much above the original price
Ipswich Programmes on 20:41 - Aug 29 with 1732 viewsActionMan

The club didn't print enough for the Arsenal game we won in that League Cup so that must be worth a little bit now as not everyone who attended the game got one and they were sold out.
Ipswich Programmes on 21:00 - Aug 29 with 1697 viewsStowTractorBoy

A pal of mine in Stowmarket has every ITFC competitive match programme home and away since 1958/9 but just cannot get the Las Palmas away programme when we were in Europe. A Couple of years back it went for £112 on e bay.
Ipswich Programmes on 21:30 - Aug 29 with 1654 viewsxrayspecs

Ipswich Programmes on 21:00 - Aug 29 by StowTractorBoy

A pal of mine in Stowmarket has every ITFC competitive match programme home and away since 1958/9 but just cannot get the Las Palmas away programme when we were in Europe. A Couple of years back it went for £112 on e bay.

Las Palmas away in vgc sells for around £300. It is the post expensive European away game programme. I used to own almost all home games from 36/7 to 69/70. More recent programmes are mass produced and very rarely collectable/valuable.

Not sure about the Arsenal sell out but given that thousands were sold, I would expect these are easy to find at a modest premium to sale price, say £10 each.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 21:35]
Ipswich Programmes on 21:31 - Aug 29 with 1652 viewsWestover

I have these.

Leyton Orient v Town Saturday 16th January 1954..Town were 7 ponts clear 3div south.

Walthamstow Avenue v Town 16th December 1953- 1954 season. Town played in Red and White , F A challenge cup.

Spurs v Town Wednesday March 14th 1962. Town 2 points second behind Burnley.

Town v Stoke Tuesday 3rd October 1972. L.C. 3

Town v Coventry Tuesday 5th December 1972.
Ipswich Programmes on 21:34 - Aug 29 with 1640 viewsxrayspecs

As an aside, had the pre-war programmes at auction next week been complete (the front covers were removed before binding), they would be worth 10x + the expected sales price. A complete 38/9 season including the single sheets in good condition could go for around £10k.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 21:36]
Ipswich Programmes on 08:01 - Aug 30 with 1424 viewsBluespeed225

Ipswich Programmes on 17:09 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

Title winning game in 1962? I imagine there are plenty in circulation for the cup wins but perhaps rather fewer from then.

I’ve got a full set of 61-2 programmes. They’re funny little things, Alf’s very clipped, formal notes, Supporters Club notes saying a rousing version of ‘Keep Right On’ could be heard on one of the colder days! My favourite thing is an away travel offer showing trains to Liverpool St only taking 5 minutes more than they do now!
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Programmes - FAO xrayspecs on 08:09 - Aug 30 with 1411 viewsHeathlander

Ipswich Programmes on 21:34 - Aug 29 by xrayspecs

As an aside, had the pre-war programmes at auction next week been complete (the front covers were removed before binding), they would be worth 10x + the expected sales price. A complete 38/9 season including the single sheets in good condition could go for around £10k.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 21:36]

Hi xrayspecs. You seem very clued up on programmes.Are you a collector or a dealer? I have a few thousand programmes myself. Started collecting as a lad. Tried to get every Town home game since 1970. Gave up a few years ago. There used to be someone who could get hold of complete seasons for a very reasonable price. He doesn't do that anymore.

I just buy programmes from any away games I go to now. I have a home programme v Barcelona, the 3-0 win, signed by Cryuff and Mick Mills. Not sure if that would be worth much.

I've always tried to get my hands on the Charity Shield programme from 62 v Spurs but that one goes for around £100.

It's a strange hobby. I have them stored in a cupboard. Never read them but could not part with them. When I pop my clogs my lad has no interest in them and they'll probably end up in a skip.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024