Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most pointless Town away game you have been to 09:21 - Aug 29 with 7600 viewsHeathlander

I went to a SIMOD cup tie at Maine Road against Manchester City. It was played on a Saturday for some reason. I think the Town won and Milton scored.

I can't even remember what the SIMOD cup was all about.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:23 - Aug 29 with 4106 viewshatch

Ipswich v Kilmarnock. ‘Behind closed doors’ in Spain, with the doors open.

Hurst’s first game. 1-0 - Garner. Last time I saw Waggy play in a Town shirt.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:23 - Aug 29 with 4090 viewsnoggin

Sounds like a great day.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:24 - Aug 29 with 4096 viewsElephantintheRoom

Manchester United 9 Ipswich 0. At no point did we look like getting a point and it did a bit of harm to the goal difference as well.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:27 - Aug 29 with 4077 viewsBlueBadger

Any match played after February last season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:32 - Aug 29 with 4044 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Blimey, where to begin...

I mean, I guess that home friendly against Union Saint-Gilloise a few years ago is up there.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:43 - Aug 29 with 4003 viewsPopeadrian64

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:32 - Aug 29 by No_Moore_Kieffer

I mean, I guess that home friendly against Union Saint-Gilloise a few years ago is up there.

..but it was worth it for there fans alone ....they were brilliant, loud and loopy...
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:49 - Aug 29 with 3964 viewshoppy

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:32 - Aug 29 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Not quite sure that fits the ‘away game’ part of the OP, although it was indeed not the best season eve spectacular curtain raiser we’ve ever had...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:51 - Aug 29 with 3955 viewsshady

Before this era of mobiles and living miles up north
managed to get to a few matches that had been called off.

Can remember Stoke and Wolves(or WBA)?
both in Cup
where not only was I the only Town fan but also the only
fool to have travelled so far in appalling weather.
(Gold Star not required)
Login to get fewer ads

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:55 - Aug 29 with 3948 viewshoppy

A midweek game down at Portsmouth... had long delays getting out of London, further delays on the motorway, I had the floodlights of Fratton Park in view when I heard we’d scored listening on the radio. Arrived at the ground at half time (with the ticket I’d also got for a friend who had been stood outside the ground the whole of the first half so he also missed the goal!). It ended up being a 1-0 win, the second half wasn’t massively entertaining, and then got delayed on the way home again due to road closures.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 10:15 - Aug 29 with 3878 viewsWeWereZombies

A pre-season friendly at Cambridge United around 1998. They were a couple of divisions below us and true to form we scored with a knife through butter move in the opening minutes...and then got stuffed 3-1.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:11 - Aug 29 with 3765 viewsgainsboroughblue

Maidstone away (at Corinthians FC) summer of 1990.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:23 - Aug 29 with 3730 viewsiamipswich

2006 - Luton 1-0 Ipswich (Steve Howard 81')

Came straight from watching a terrible rugby match at the Walkers Stadium where no tries were scored. Arrived after 40 minutes and had to sit with the home fans. Had a Pukka Pie at Half-time which subsequently gave me food poisoning. Forced to feign excitement when an unmarked Steve Howard headed home the late winner.

Got to the car after the game and the window had been smashed and laptop stolen.

Tough day at the office.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 11:24]

Poll: Who will return first?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:24 - Aug 29 with 3719 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:49 - Aug 29 by hoppy

Not quite sure that fits the ‘away game’ part of the OP, although it was indeed not the best season eve spectacular curtain raiser we’ve ever had...

Yep, just noticed that I'd forgotten about the away game parameter
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:24 - Aug 29 with 3711 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 09:55 - Aug 29 by hoppy

A midweek game down at Portsmouth... had long delays getting out of London, further delays on the motorway, I had the floodlights of Fratton Park in view when I heard we’d scored listening on the radio. Arrived at the ground at half time (with the ticket I’d also got for a friend who had been stood outside the ground the whole of the first half so he also missed the goal!). It ended up being a 1-0 win, the second half wasn’t massively entertaining, and then got delayed on the way home again due to road closures.

Potential winner here along with the below post about Maidstone, held at Corinthians
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:27 - Aug 29 with 3706 viewsjaykay

did you read the title of the thread. 'away' was the clue

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:30 - Aug 29 with 3696 viewsyesjohn99

Peterborough away friendly in 2004 with texters.....it all ended in tears!!
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:32 - Aug 29 with 3691 viewsGooders7592

Not pointless but did anyone else go to Burnley away in 2008?

They parachuted the ball in for kick off, he landed on the roof of the stadium, kick off got delayed as an obvious result, won 3-0 and got stuck in traffic on the way home.

A long day became a very long day.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 11:33]
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:33 - Aug 29 with 3682 viewsRadlett_blue

Simod were one of the sponsors of the Full Members' Cup, a pointless competition invented in 1985 by the Football League after English clubs were banned from Europe after the Heysel disaster. Simod sponsored it from 1987-89. It became the Zenith Data Systems Cup from 1989-92. Simod were an Italian sports footwear company.
Initially, the 6 clubs that would have otherwise entered Europe were invited into the even shorter lived English Super Cup, which only lasted one season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:34 - Aug 29 with 3674 viewsBlueySwede

Maybe not pointless, but my worst game ever in Ipswich was the 0-2 game vs QPR last season. We were so awful in that game. I think we had a half chance during the entire game, that was it. QPR was awful as well, still good enough to beat us.
No atmosphere at all, and you couldn´t blame the supporters.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:36 - Aug 29 with 3668 viewsTractorCam

Leeds last season. Wednesday night to a ground i've already been to knowing full well we were going to lose.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 11:37]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:37 - Aug 29 with 3659 viewswkj

Because I feel like being an edge lord, most cup games of the last few seasons

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:38 - Aug 29 with 3648 viewsGooders7592

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:36 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

Leeds last season. Wednesday night to a ground i've already been to knowing full well we were going to lose.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 11:37]

Newcastle away 2016 was very similar to that but thankfully it was a Saturday. We went 1-0 within 5 minutes I think as well.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:40 - Aug 29 with 3641 viewsTractorCam

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:38 - Aug 29 by Gooders7592

Newcastle away 2016 was very similar to that but thankfully it was a Saturday. We went 1-0 within 5 minutes I think as well.

59th second was the goal time, every Newcastle player touched the ball compared to our 0 touches and I arrived 5 minutes before kick off, was always going to go like that from that moment

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:42 - Aug 29 with 3631 viewsReuser_is_God

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:38 - Aug 29 by Gooders7592

That was far from pointless.

I done 10+ pints before the game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:43 - Aug 29 with 3628 viewsGooders7592

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:42 - Aug 29 by Reuser_is_God

That was far from pointless.

I done 10+ pints before the game.

I bet your walk up to the gods after 10 pints was more enjoyable than the game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024