Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... 19:22 - Aug 28 with 18077 viewsBLUEBEAT

good atmosphere
good football
good team
good morale
good crowds
good manager
good PR
good pies
good charitable contributions
good times

Poll: W or W

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 490 viewsjaykay

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:22 - Aug 28 by haynes_toe1

I appreciate I'm no longer local to go to games and rely on iFollow so I get that I dont get the whole atmosphere thing.

But watching the quality of league one football is absolutely turgid. Now we are in League One suddenly hoofball is ok. Or is it because we have Norwood making something of the hoofs like when we had Murphs? Either way the quality is painful to watch on TV.

you not even watching it on ifollw . not one of our 3 goals came from a hoof ball as you like to call it.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:34 - Sep 2 with 406 viewsBLUEBEAT

good transfer window

Poll: W or W

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:48 - Sep 2 with 369 viewspatrickswell

The worst thing about threads like this is that they show every sign of becoming the new “Keane was worse - no Jewell was worse” (now defunct after Hurst’s tenure). What’s most objectionable is the overtone, that has been bubbling away for a year now for people to go, “It’s good this isn’t it? It’s better isn’t it? Better than last year, yes, but it’s better than 2 years ago too isn’t it? It’s fun,isn’t it? I’m having fun, I had fun last year even though we didn’t win games but I didn’t have fun two years ago, even though we did win games. And now we’re winning lots of games, I’m having lots of fun. Are you having fun? More fun than you had two years ago? WHO CARES ABOUT BEATING TEAMS IN A HIGHER LEAGUE - THIS IS FUN!!!! Start enjoying yourself or stick to watching the season 2017-18 DVD on a loop, loser. We’re too busy having fun!!”

And do you know what? It is fun. Or at the very least, nice. I thought Lambert was smoke and mirrors last season, but an opening month like this brooks no caveats. We needed a strong start to maintain the positivity around the fanbase and to make grumpy gits like me smile. And he’s delivered it. Evans came through for Lambert and the signings look promising. We really can go straight back up this year based on what we’ve seen this month. I get that there were plenty of fans demoralised by the end of Mick’s tenure and that Lambert has picked them back up. We should also acknowledge that this month shows the first tangible success in the other half of Lambert’s brief, namely picking up a playing squad that was demoralised after three months of Hurst. If he keeps the two forces (players and fans) on that high then nothing will stop us.

But please stop daring people not to have fun. Especially when we’re having such fun.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 21:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024