Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern 14:24 - Aug 28 with 1104 viewsJimInGreensboro

By definition, Conservatives do not focus on how to govern. That is why they rarely have any ideas on how to move forward, for that would be "progressive". Instead, they focus on ways to limit or dismantle government. This move by Boris, therefore, should come as no surprise.
By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:28 - Aug 28 with 1084 viewsDarth_Koont

Probably more accurate about US conservatism over the years but yes, with the current lot we're well into that type of thinking.

They're absolute loons who know nothing (and care even less) about how the world actually works nowadays and what the major social and economic challenges are.

Pronouns: He/Him

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:29 - Aug 28 with 1072 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservative governments are usually voted in to clear up the financial mess left by the previous labour government. After a few years in power they run out of ideas and turn on each other.

This cycle is repeated every 10-15 years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:33 - Aug 28 with 1055 viewsDarth_Koont

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:29 - Aug 28 by GlasgowBlue

Conservative governments are usually voted in to clear up the financial mess left by the previous labour government. After a few years in power they run out of ideas and turn on each other.

That's the myth but Conservative governments actually spend more on less.

The cycle is just them repeatedly telling people they know what they're doing either in government or in opposition. Even if that's just the global economy at work.

Their actual record of social and economic management is very poor.

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:40 - Aug 28 with 1016 viewsGlasgowBlue

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:33 - Aug 28 by Darth_Koont

That's the myth but Conservative governments actually spend more on less.

The cycle is just them repeatedly telling people they know what they're doing either in government or in opposition. Even if that's just the global economy at work.

Their actual record of social and economic management is very poor.

I said they were voted in to clean up the mess left. I didn’t say whether they succeeded or not.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 1004 viewsDarth_Koont

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:40 - Aug 28 by GlasgowBlue

I said they were voted in to clean up the mess left. I didn’t say whether they succeeded or not.

Agreed. Why be an actual solution or indeed better at financial management when slimy and disingenuous politics and propaganda will get you the gig?

It's their inability to deal with the real world and its real challenges (and, let's be honest, a lack of interest or concern) that has gotten us into such a mess.

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:51 - Aug 28 with 985 viewshampstead_blue

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:29 - Aug 28 by GlasgowBlue

Careful......there are bears in them there woods.......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:55 - Aug 28 with 974 viewsNo9

One eye only?

http://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/conservative-budget-deficits-on-average-t

Once again you are handling the truth carelessly, or worse
By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:58 - Aug 28 with 966 viewshampstead_blue

Being a politician is 'the' thankless task.

We've got this lot for lots of reasons, many of our (the voters) own desire.

One example is pay.
If the PM only gets £150k then what do you expect?

I know builders who earn more.

An MP gets £80k.......

Ok so you're now to going to tell me all about their expenses etc. Well I am talking salary here.

To get a better standard you have to pay a LOT more. I'm talking £150k starting wage.
It's a really tough and hard job. Anyone who thinks they swan around is talking gumph.

You pay for what you get.

Oh, Public Service? That argument only goes a short distance. Pay proper wages for real talent and we will all live in a much better country.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Login to get fewer ads

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:58 - Aug 28 with 962 viewsNo9

Not so-
https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/11/27/the-tories-created-two-thirds-of-
By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 15:01 - Aug 28 with 954 viewsDarth_Koont

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:58 - Aug 28 by hampstead_blue

One example is pay.

An MP gets £80k.......

Ok so you're now to going to tell me all about their expenses etc. Well I am talking salary here.

To get a better standard you have to pay a LOT more. I'm talking £150k starting wage.
It's a really tough and hard job. Anyone who thinks they swan around is talking gumph.

Oh, Public Service? That argument only goes a short distance. Pay proper wages for real talent and we will all live in a much better country.

What are you talking about?

They ARE public fecking servants. We're so used to them serving anyone but the public we think they should be rewarded like bankers with the same erroneous judgements about their actual talents and what they deserve.

This country ...

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 15:03 - Aug 28 with 947 viewsSpruceMoose

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 14:58 - Aug 28 by hampstead_blue

One example is pay.

An MP gets £80k.......

Again, it appears the intelligence agencies have a very low entry standard.

Worried.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 17:17 - Aug 28 with 855 viewshampstead_blue

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 15:01 - Aug 28 by Darth_Koont

What are you talking about?

They ARE public fecking servants. We're so used to them serving anyone but the public we think they should be rewarded like bankers with the same erroneous judgements about their actual talents and what they deserve.

This country ...

my point is to pay them in accordance to the job.

It's bonkers to expect the most talented people to earn that wage when they can treble it for less hours, less scrutiny, no grief, no hassle.

By definition, "Conservatives" do not know how to govern on 17:21 - Aug 28 with 843 viewsjas0999

Sadly, the alternative is also bleak. I won’t vote for either the Tories or Corbyn led Labour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024