Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As of today................ 14:07 - Aug 28 with 2457 viewsBlueNomad

maybe there should be no more threads complaining about Evans' ownership of the club. He rescued us in 2009 when we faced going to the wall, spent a lot in the early days and still keeps us afloat with signs that we are beginning an upward turn. Of course he has got things wrong, made poor decisions etc but we are not threatened with the demise experienced by Bury or faced by Bolton. What we have experienced under Evans is nothing remotely like that. Criticism about specific issues is fair, as he has acknowledged, but full on slaughter of the man's ownership seems churlish in comparison.
As of today................ on 16:36 - Aug 28 with 236 viewsPositivelyPortman

Thankyou for your input Mrs Evans.
We’ll decide for ourselves how we feel about your hubby.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

As of today................ on 16:55 - Aug 28 with 228 viewsChurchman

The notion that the events at Bolton and Bury should put Evans beyond criticism for me seems odd. The simple reality is that after 10 years under our ‘saviour’, we are deservedly in the third tier and have shrunk in every conceivable way.

If Evans hadn’t have bought the club, are we saying nobody else would have, given Aviva’s write down of the stadium refurb £30m? That we would have been the first club to be chucked out of the league since Maidstone United? I just don’t buy that.

What worries me is that after Bury and possibly Bolton, owners and creditors will find it far easier to call it a day. That includes our saviour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024