Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... 10:07 - Aug 28 with 4424 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...pipe down.

Hes the democratically elected leader of our country......

....ah, actually, let me come back to you....
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 10:08]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... (n/t) on 13:28 - Aug 28 with 1011 viewsGlasgowBlue

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... (n/t) on 10:59 - Aug 28 by BlueNomad

No I can't stand Johnson. I don't have the rest of the day to list my reasons. If you think he is a true democrat who has real conviction then you are lost.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 11:00]

Are the people who are moaning about democracy the same people who were plotting to put Harriet Harman or Ken Clarke in No 10 just a few days ago?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 13:33 - Aug 28 with 1002 viewsTractorWood

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 10:22 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

"Technically he is, as the leader of the grouping which can command a majority in the Commons..."

I know, I know, I KNOW.

But I suspect you take my point.

It depends what your point is. The electorate has never directly chosen the prime minister. We vote for candidates (who normally represent a party) at constituency level. If your point is that our electoral system is ridiculous, then I agree.

Although we did have a referendum about its use in 2011. At which turnout was poor and AV was significantly voted against.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... (n/t) on 13:37 - Aug 28 with 992 viewsSpruceMoose

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... (n/t) on 13:28 - Aug 28 by GlasgowBlue

Are the people who are moaning about democracy the same people who were plotting to put Harriet Harman or Ken Clarke in No 10 just a few days ago?

Or the same people crying about how 'we never voted for Gordon Brown!"?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... (n/t) on 13:40 - Aug 28 with 989 viewsGlasgowBlue

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... (n/t) on 13:37 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

Or the same people crying about how 'we never voted for Gordon Brown!"?

Indeed. A large dose of hypocrisy from all sides.

Iron Lion Zion

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 13:47 - Aug 28 with 981 viewsNo9

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 12:07 - Aug 28 by meekreech

You may not have voted to leave the eu but the majority of the electorate did! The majority of mps voted for article 52 where the default position in the law of the land is to leave on the 31st October whether with or without a satisfactory agreement!

"You may not have voted to leave the eu but the majority of the electorate did!"

That is not true, only 37% of the electorate voted to leave the EU
To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 968 viewsEwan_Oozami

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 13:33 - Aug 28 by TractorWood

It depends what your point is. The electorate has never directly chosen the prime minister. We vote for candidates (who normally represent a party) at constituency level. If your point is that our electoral system is ridiculous, then I agree.

Although we did have a referendum about its use in 2011. At which turnout was poor and AV was significantly voted against.

Which just shows how useless referendums are....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 14:09 - Aug 28 with 959 viewsBlueNomad

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 13:47 - Aug 28 by No9

"You may not have voted to leave the eu but the majority of the electorate did!"

Meekreech seems to be a stranger to accuracy when it comes to Johnson / Brexit etc
To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 14:43 - Aug 28 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 13:47 - Aug 28 by No9

The majority of those who were bothered either way enough to vote, voted to leave.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 14:56 - Aug 28 with 915 viewsNo9

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 14:43 - Aug 28 by GlasgowBlue

The majority of those who were bothered either way enough to vote, voted to leave.

If you had bothered to read what I posted -
The electorate is those entitled (registered etc.) to vote
To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 15:31 - Aug 28 with 896 viewsusm

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 10:46 - Aug 28 by BlueNomad

Boris Johnson went into complete meltdown about how Brown was "unelected" in 2007 and demanded a general election forthwith as he claimed that his becoming PM was "undemocratic."

I fail to find any subject where it is possible to defend / support Johnson over what he says.

Yes I am sure that everything he says or does is wrong.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 15:47 - Aug 28 with 884 viewsGlasgowBlue

To all those talking about Boris etc being anti democratic... on 14:56 - Aug 28 by No9

If you had bothered to read what I posted -
The electorate is those entitled (registered etc.) to vote

I read what you posted. Your point was irrelevant.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024