Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried 13:39 - Aug 27 with 17193 viewstroyse

Got to 10th September sep rang said they havnt received doctors letter support workers letter got to 10th sept really worried thats deadline really worried cant take this anymore
Worried on 13:51 - Aug 27 with 7007 viewsSikamikanico

Hi Troy

You need to get copies of these letters from the Doctor and Support Worker. Do you have anyone (family/friend) who can help speak to them? HAve you already got copies of the letters?

You then need to send these yourself to the appeal centre by recorded delivery. Make sure that it is signed for.

You need to act on this now and harass the support worker and doctor surgery for these letters.
Worried on 13:51 - Aug 27 with 7004 viewsJ2BLUE

Have you sent them a copy of the letter by recorded delivery?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worried on 13:53 - Aug 27 with 6987 viewstroyse

Worried on 13:51 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

Have you sent them a copy of the letter by recorded delivery?

No I sent direct copy worried I'll end it now
Worried on 13:55 - Aug 27 with 6973 viewstroyse

Worried on 13:51 - Aug 27 by Sikamikanico

Hi Troy

You need to get copies of these letters from the Doctor and Support Worker. Do you have anyone (family/friend) who can help speak to them? HAve you already got copies of the letters?

You then need to send these yourself to the appeal centre by recorded delivery. Make sure that it is signed for.

You need to act on this now and harass the support worker and doctor surgery for these letters.

I've sent it too dwp direct correct address everything gonna be short money soon and how do I get hold of these again can I sent a photocopy and send it recorded delivery
Worried on 14:07 - Aug 27 with 6901 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Worried on 13:53 - Aug 27 by troyse

No I sent direct copy worried I'll end it now

Hi Troy. Please don't threaten things like that, we're trying to help you. As you know you'll have limited funds for the next few months, you may need to think about how you'll budget for that. I saw on the Town Twitter channel that you were at Bolton away. Many of us couldn't get there for financial reasons as well. I know it's a ballache but sometimes you have to cut back on the little luxuries when money's tight. Reach out to someone to help you with planning a realistic budget and sticking to it.
Worried on 14:08 - Aug 27 with 6893 viewsSpruceMoose

Worried on 13:55 - Aug 27 by troyse

I've sent it too dwp direct correct address everything gonna be short money soon and how do I get hold of these again can I sent a photocopy and send it recorded delivery

Sorry that all this is dragging on Troy, can't be easy. The reality is though, that if you're seriously running out of money it seems like the sensible thing to do would be to knock the away days on the head for a while. They must eat up a fair chunk of change that you'll need to cover more urgent expenses. I know it won't be fun feeling like you're missing out for a few weeks but sometimes you need to do what you need to do.

Maybe consider that right now you could just enjoy the home games and concentrate on getting all this other stuff sorted out. Once you're back on your feet again they away days will still be there and you can enjoy them a lot more without this hanging over your head.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Worried on 14:13 - Aug 27 with 6850 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you have a photocopy or a a way to print the letter out again? Sending it recorded delivery needs to be a priority if so.

I agree with people suggesting the away games perhaps need to stop temporarily as they must take quite a bit of your money with the ticket and travel? Perhaps a compromise would be an ifollow month by month subscription where I believe you can watch the full games the day after they are played? Might need to double check that.

Truly impaired.

Worried on 14:16 - Aug 27 with 6813 viewsgainsboroughblue

Worried on 14:07 - Aug 27 by NotMarcusEvans

Hi Troy. Please don't threaten things like that, we're trying to help you. As you know you'll have limited funds for the next few months, you may need to think about how you'll budget for that. I saw on the Town Twitter channel that you were at Bolton away. Many of us couldn't get there for financial reasons as well. I know it's a ballache but sometimes you have to cut back on the little luxuries when money's tight. Reach out to someone to help you with planning a realistic budget and sticking to it.

I read that as he'll 'send it now' and missed off the S.

At least, I hope he did.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Worried on 14:17 - Aug 27 with 6803 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:13 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

Do you have a photocopy or a a way to print the letter out again? Sending it recorded delivery needs to be a priority if so.

I agree with people suggesting the away games perhaps need to stop temporarily as they must take quite a bit of your money with the ticket and travel? Perhaps a compromise would be an ifollow month by month subscription where I believe you can watch the full games the day after they are played? Might need to double check that.

Not point tho and got photocopy thanks help just u guys dont have worry I do it's my life footie
Worried on 14:23 - Aug 27 with 6760 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 14:17 - Aug 27 by troyse

Not point tho and got photocopy thanks help just u guys dont have worry I do it's my life footie

I don't mean to sound harsh mate but there are hundreds of passions I would love to indulge if I had the spare money. Sometimes life requires a bit of sacrifice. I completely understand that you feel betrayed by the system and that this is not your fault but unfortunately people have to live within their means. If you temporarily have to miss a couple of away games is that the end of the world? If your money is going to run out then this is an emergency. Unfortunately it is going to require some unpleasant lifestyle changes until it is resolved.

Again, really sorry if that comes across as harsh. It's not meant to, but a dose of reality is needed mate.

Truly impaired.

Worried on 14:32 - Aug 27 with 6680 viewsSikamikanico

If you have copies then definitely send recorded delivery again, with your case number on a covering letter.

Make sure the covering letter refers to them already being sent.

Make sure it is sent to the officer dealing with the appeal. At the end of the day the DWP is a large organisation and you must be able to prove they received it.
Worried on 14:33 - Aug 27 with 6663 viewsSpruceMoose

Worried on 14:23 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

I don't mean to sound harsh mate but there are hundreds of passions I would love to indulge if I had the spare money. Sometimes life requires a bit of sacrifice. I completely understand that you feel betrayed by the system and that this is not your fault but unfortunately people have to live within their means. If you temporarily have to miss a couple of away games is that the end of the world? If your money is going to run out then this is an emergency. Unfortunately it is going to require some unpleasant lifestyle changes until it is resolved.

Again, really sorry if that comes across as harsh. It's not meant to, but a dose of reality is needed mate.

You're not being harsh J2. There's only so much advice and support that can be offered on here without either repeating ourselves, encouraging things or ignoring the real solutions Troy can implement to lessen his money worries. There's no point us saying 'carry on, it'll all be ok!"

Whether it is true or not, it is starting to come across that the main issue here is missing away games rather than not being able to pay bills, and I think a lot of people will be less sympathetic to that. I know those two things are linked, but not being able to pay your gas or electric bill in the UK because your benefits won't cover it is a lot different and a lot more shocking to people than not being able to go to every away game because your benefits won't cover it.

Troy, do you have any friends and family assisting you with all this, people who you know off the forum in real life? Have they been in touch with any of the organisations listed on here on your behalf?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 14:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Worried on 14:37 - Aug 27 with 6628 viewsGooders7592

Worried on 14:33 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

You're not being harsh J2. There's only so much advice and support that can be offered on here without either repeating ourselves, encouraging things or ignoring the real solutions Troy can implement to lessen his money worries. There's no point us saying 'carry on, it'll all be ok!"

Whether it is true or not, it is starting to come across that the main issue here is missing away games rather than not being able to pay bills, and I think a lot of people will be less sympathetic to that. I know those two things are linked, but not being able to pay your gas or electric bill in the UK because your benefits won't cover it is a lot different and a lot more shocking to people than not being able to go to every away game because your benefits won't cover it.

Troy, do you have any friends and family assisting you with all this, people who you know off the forum in real life? Have they been in touch with any of the organisations listed on here on your behalf?

Agreed.

I think the only advice here is that he needs to stop going to football whilst sorting this out. It's not ideal, and no one wants to do it, but realistically we've all had to miss out on things in our lives due to more important things taking priority.
Worried on 14:40 - Aug 27 with 6611 viewsSwailsey

Troy, are you really still going to away games?

That is a luxury that many (including myself) cannot afford, when there are other things to pay for - rent/food/council tax etc.

I know football is your life, but you can't state how worried you are about finances yet still go on these trips.

I'm estimating here, but I would imagine an away game will cost you close to £100 a pop at least (ticket/food/travel/drinks) - by not going to 4 of them, you would have enough to get yourself through a few months?

I really hope this isn't the case here, but you don't seem to be taking on any of the advice given, which makes me think that all isn't at it seems? Again, apologies if that isn't the case. People have literally paid for you to have a season ticket because they thought you didn't have enough money to pay rent and go to football. I have to admit, it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth that you are still going to away games!

*qualifying edit - I do of course sympathise with you and wish you nothing but the best and certainly hope that it was a typo above re. your threat towards yourself. There are plenty of people on here who can listen if you are having those thoughts. But regarding your money, PLEASE listen to people on here. They CAN and WILL help you, as long as you help yourself.*
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 15:05]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worried on 14:40 - Aug 27 with 6587 viewsSpruceMoose

Worried on 14:37 - Aug 27 by Gooders7592

Agreed.

I think the only advice here is that he needs to stop going to football whilst sorting this out. It's not ideal, and no one wants to do it, but realistically we've all had to miss out on things in our lives due to more important things taking priority.

I do appreciate that it may be tougher for Troy to accept and understand that some temporary sacrifice is needed than most though. I don't want to appear to be too harsh here.

Worried on 14:43 - Aug 27 with 6565 viewsSouperJim

Worried on 14:37 - Aug 27 by Gooders7592

Agreed.

With respect, and while I don't disagree, people with learning needs are sometimes ill equipped emotionally to miss out on those things they enjoy doing. The idea of no longer being able to pursue a passion can literally feel like life or death.

From what I've seen, the forum has been very supportive on this matter and it's a credit to the community we have here.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Worried on 14:44 - Aug 27 with 6532 viewswkj

Have you been to citizens advice and the DAB yet? What have they said?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 14:46]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worried on 14:48 - Aug 27 with 6506 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 14:33 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

Cheers. I agree with all of that.

Troy, have you already bought Rochdale ticket and booked travel?

Truly impaired.

Worried on 14:48 - Aug 27 with 6500 viewsGooders7592

Worried on 14:43 - Aug 27 by SouperJim

With respect, and while I don't disagree, people with learning needs are sometimes ill equipped emotionally to miss out on those things they enjoy doing. The idea of no longer being able to pursue a passion can literally feel like life or death.

From what I've seen, the forum has been very supportive on this matter and it's a credit to the community we have here.

Completely agree with you, and naturally I have no idea how it must be emotionally for him. However, I can't see any other way for him to help himself rather than sitting out a few games whilst waiting for everything else to be sorted out.
Worried on 14:49 - Aug 27 with 6488 viewsSpruceMoose

Worried on 14:48 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

Cheers. I agree with all of that.

Troy, have you already bought Rochdale ticket and booked travel?

Looking through Twitter I think that he has.

Worried on 14:52 - Aug 27 with 6452 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 14:49 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

Looking through Twitter I think that he has.

Agree, he was posting on one of the threads about postponing the game and I got the feeling he had as well.

Troy, are you willing to consider giving up the away games for a while? After Rochdale if you have paid for that one.

Truly impaired.

Worried on 15:10 - Aug 27 with 6322 viewsBlueBadger

Worried on 14:40 - Aug 27 by Swailsey

Troy, are you really still going to away games?

That is a luxury that many (including myself) cannot afford, when there are other things to pay for - rent/food/council tax etc.

I know football is your life, but you can't state how worried you are about finances yet still go on these trips.

I'm estimating here, but I would imagine an away game will cost you close to £100 a pop at least (ticket/food/travel/drinks) - by not going to 4 of them, you would have enough to get yourself through a few months?

I really hope this isn't the case here, but you don't seem to be taking on any of the advice given, which makes me think that all isn't at it seems? Again, apologies if that isn't the case. People have literally paid for you to have a season ticket because they thought you didn't have enough money to pay rent and go to football. I have to admit, it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth that you are still going to away games!

*qualifying edit - I do of course sympathise with you and wish you nothing but the best and certainly hope that it was a typo above re. your threat towards yourself. There are plenty of people on here who can listen if you are having those thoughts. But regarding your money, PLEASE listen to people on here. They CAN and WILL help you, as long as you help yourself.*
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 15:05]

As a bit of a tip, if you can't do without football on a Saturday, why not adopt a local non-league side to follow on away weekends? It's affordable, friendly and you may finf yourself pleasantly surprised by the standard on show.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worried on 15:15 - Aug 27 with 6302 viewsthatdamgood89

I am really sorry to hear of your situation Troy. I don't mean to sound harsh because it must be a complete drain on you, however you must start to
A) get tougher on the phone with them and ask for help. This should also help with your claim as it show's your unable to deal with other people or businesses
B) Take some tough decisions on your current lifestyle and spending choices.

I'm on PIP the same as you. I am physically disabled. I earn only the PIP which is £310 P/M.Nothing else. I haven't been able to afford;
Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes
for years ( my holy underwear shows this LMAO)
I haven't been able to afford away matches for 4 years. I went to Peterbourgh because it was my best mates 30th birthday and I saved for 4 months so I could go.
Outside of that I am now done for away days for another 4 years probably because I can't afford it and it's not a given right to go.
Thankfully I have a Nan and a wife. My Nan pays my season ticket because I come with her and it's our time together.

I had to make tough choices with things I could or couldn't afford.
I've never once asked anyone outside my family for anything clothes food or payments.

If you need help budgeting or need help in anyway ASK ME my door is always open to help anyone. If you need help with PIP speaking to them or form filling. Someone fighting your corner who knows the system again ask I am happy to help.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Worried on 15:18 - Aug 27 with 6256 viewsSwailsey

Worried on 15:15 - Aug 27 by thatdamgood89

I am really sorry to hear of your situation Troy. I don't mean to sound harsh because it must be a complete drain on you, however you must start to
A) get tougher on the phone with them and ask for help. This should also help with your claim as it show's your unable to deal with other people or businesses

I'm on PIP the same as you. I am physically disabled. I earn only the PIP which is £310 P/M.Nothing else. I haven't been able to afford;
Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes
I haven't been able to afford away matches for 4 years. I went to Peterbourgh because it was my best mates 30th birthday and I saved for 4 months so I could go.
Outside of that I am now done for away days for another 4 years probably because I can't afford it and it's not a given right to go.
Thankfully I have a Nan and a wife. My Nan pays my season ticket because I come with her and it's our time together.

I've never once asked anyone outside my family for anything clothes food or payments.

If you need help budgeting or need help in anyway ASK ME my door is always open to help anyone. If you need help with PIP speaking to them or form filling. Someone fighting your corner who knows the system again ask I am happy to help.

This is a wonderful post.

Sorry to hear about your struggles also.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worried on 15:21 - Aug 27 with 6215 viewsTractorCam

Worried on 15:15 - Aug 27 by thatdamgood89

Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes

Please message this poster Troy.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024