Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession 10:25 - Aug 27 with 2920 viewsGeoffSentence

This is from the match report in their local rag.

"Their goal came from a soft James Norwood penalty awarded for handball against Harry Brockbank by referee Kevin Johnson, making full use of the new rulebook.

The Somerset ref played the role of pantomime villain perfectly, if not quite as well as Barry Knight once did. His inconsistency in the first 45 minutes raised as much noise from the home supporters as anything else on the day. "

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17860048.bolton-wanderers-0-ipswich-town-5

[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 10:25]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 10:32 - Aug 27 with 2824 viewsBlueNomad

It's that obsession that, perhaps a bit misguidedly, tempers my sympathy for their supporters. We wouldn't have been happy if Barry Knight had not taken action against the outrages they committed on our team that night.
I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 10:36 - Aug 27 with 2783 viewschicoazul

Excellent.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 10:47 - Aug 27 with 2681 viewsITFC_Forever

There would be a grain of amusement in their demise if their last ever game is a 0-5 drubbing by us, and they are bleating about (correct) refereeing decisions.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 11:26 - Aug 27 with 2484 viewspatrickswell

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 10:47 - Aug 27 by ITFC_Forever

There would be a grain of amusement in their demise if their last ever game is a 0-5 drubbing by us, and they are bleating about (correct) refereeing decisions.

Indeed and the whole line about Barry Knight being inconsistent - no he wasn’t, Bolton kicked our players up in the air and he kept booking them, just as he was correct to do.
I would also have thought that the directions the clubs went in over the following decade after the game at the Reebok in April 2002 would have made up for any sense of injustice they might have felt.
I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 11:32 - Aug 27 with 2452 viewsRonFearonsHair

I thought the new handball rule was to do with attacking players in the box?
I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 11:35 - Aug 27 with 2431 viewschicoazul

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 10:47 - Aug 27 by ITFC_Forever

They've always been some of the worst cry-babies ever.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 2208 viewsParisBlue

I was at a client in Manchester recently and introduced to a Bolton supporter. My first question was "what do you think of Barry Knight?".

They still haven't got over it after 19 years (I guess we're no different with Clive Thomas)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 16:19 - Aug 28 with 1740 viewsBlueBlood90

The Barry Knight obsession with them is one that has always baffled me.

They absolutely kicked lumps out of us that night and I've watched the highlights from that game many times over the years and I still can't see a single decision he got wrong.

One of their players literally picked David Johnson up and threw him like a brick and they were in uproar that we got a penalty. Mental!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 1688 viewsRadlett_blue

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 16:19 - Aug 28 by BlueBlood90

They absolutely kicked lumps out of us that night and I've watched the highlights from that game many times over the years and I still can't see a single decision he got wrong.

One of their players literally picked David Johnson up and threw him like a brick and they were in uproar that we got a penalty. Mental!

That penalty was unarguable & while pretty much all the cards were justified, the first 2 penalties were both dodgy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 1612 viewsGeoffSentence

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 17:00 - Aug 28 by Radlett_blue

That penalty was unarguable & while pretty much all the cards were justified, the first 2 penalties were both dodgy.

First one wasn't dodgy, bloke (Warhurst was it?) deliberately poked his foot out to trip Jim as he was going through.

Second one was arguable, but we missed it anyway.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 18:22 - Aug 28 with 1582 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 16:19 - Aug 28 by BlueBlood90

Even them going up the next year and staying in the Premier League a decade after we left it, didn't stop the whinging.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 21:00 - Aug 28 with 1448 viewsChurchman

I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at Bolton's ongoing obsession on 11:26 - Aug 27 by patrickswell

Indeed and the whole line about Barry Knight being inconsistent - no he wasn’t, Bolton kicked our players up in the air and he kept booking them, just as he was correct to do.
I would also have thought that the directions the clubs went in over the following decade after the game at the Reebok in April 2002 would have made up for any sense of injustice they might have felt.

I thought Bolton got away very lightly. Their behaviour chasing the referee after the (I think) second penalty was a disgrace. They made an attempt to bully us and on that occasion the ref stood up to them. Just because slug-balancer Sam thought they’d get away with those tactics doesn’t make it right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024