Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the hell was Lambert talking about 12:33 - Aug 23 with 5471 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I am actually confused at what point he was trying to make. Saying that we also have a young side and not many senior players?? Then saying that Brenner could only give 5? But obviously Brenner wasn't going to name all of them.

Did anyone understand what point he was getting at?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 12:38 - Aug 23 with 4317 viewsWickets

I think he is trying to keep the pressure down as suddenly we have a few games that some fans might think we should win with easy . Football is never that simple .
What the hell was Lambert talking about on 12:41 - Aug 23 with 4276 viewsCoco

He is simply managing expectations. Looking after his team.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 12:41 - Aug 23 with 4282 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 12:38 - Aug 23 by Wickets

I think he is trying to keep the pressure down as suddenly we have a few games that some fans might think we should win with easy . Football is never that simple .

I thought that.

But I don't know why he was flat out denying that we didn't have many senior players. When we do.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

He hates Brenner. (n/t) on 12:45 - Aug 23 with 4239 viewsBloots

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 12:41 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I thought that.

But I don't know why he was flat out denying that we didn't have many senior players. When we do.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:18 - Aug 23 with 4137 viewsBecclesITFC

What PL is doing is very very clever. Taking all the pressure away from his players. There is a lot of added pressure on Ipswich in this game, we are expected to win very easy. If we don't, then sh1t will hit the fan. PL is trying to stop that.

Tomorrow is a no win situation just like when England play San Marino.
What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:21 - Aug 23 with 4112 viewsGarv

I understand he's trying to manage expectations, but he doesn't half like to make an argument out of nothing!

He could have simply said 'taking into account Bolton's situation, yeah we probably are favorites but you know we've a lot of youngsters too, there's no guarantee of a result'.

Also, he's said a few times in the last few months that yes a lot of our players are inexperienced but they're not kids anymore. They're 20+ most of them, not 17+.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

He hates Brenner. (n/t) on 13:23 - Aug 23 with 4104 viewsKeaneish

He hates Brenner. (n/t) on 12:45 - Aug 23 by Bloots

There's definitely a growing animosity. On iFollow Tuesday night, Brenner pressed Mills a few times to call out PL for making errors. His tone made me think there's an undercurrent simmering away there. Reality is no-one has a given right to win a game so pouring cold water on a journo hyping up expectation in order to protect the youth from the mental pressure is a smart move. Unfortunately, Brenner again took the heat.

Another journo asked a similar question but PL's response was more measured.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:36 - Aug 23 with 4017 viewsHipsterectomy

Couldn’t care less if PL hates Brenner

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

He hates Brenner. (n/t) on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 3995 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He hates Brenner. (n/t) on 13:23 - Aug 23 by Keaneish

There's definitely a growing animosity. On iFollow Tuesday night, Brenner pressed Mills a few times to call out PL for making errors. His tone made me think there's an undercurrent simmering away there. Reality is no-one has a given right to win a game so pouring cold water on a journo hyping up expectation in order to protect the youth from the mental pressure is a smart move. Unfortunately, Brenner again took the heat.

Another journo asked a similar question but PL's response was more measured.

It is strange because I think that Brenner questions have been good this season. Pressed when he has had to but unless it is a question about how great the fans are Lambert just doesn't seem interested.

Maybe we will see a Brenner vs Lambert fight at some point.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:48 - Aug 23 with 3952 viewsTangledupin_Blue

When any decent football manager speaks he is always saying what he wants the players to hear whether he is speaking truth or lying through his teeth.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:56 - Aug 23 with 3909 viewsKieran_Knows

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:21 - Aug 23 by Garv

I understand he's trying to manage expectations, but he doesn't half like to make an argument out of nothing!

He could have simply said 'taking into account Bolton's situation, yeah we probably are favorites but you know we've a lot of youngsters too, there's no guarantee of a result'.

Also, he's said a few times in the last few months that yes a lot of our players are inexperienced but they're not kids anymore. They're 20+ most of them, not 17+.

Indeed, the whole 'youngsters' thing by PL grates on me a little bit. The only real youngsters are El Mizouni, Dobra & Clements.

Downes and Dozzell are 20, Emmanuel 21, Kenlock 22 and Bishop 23. What I think he probably means, is that they're inexperienced, rather than young as such.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:02 - Aug 23 with 3871 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:56 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, the whole 'youngsters' thing by PL grates on me a little bit. The only real youngsters are El Mizouni, Dobra & Clements.

Downes and Dozzell are 20, Emmanuel 21, Kenlock 22 and Bishop 23. What I think he probably means, is that they're inexperienced, rather than young as such.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:04]

Agreed.

Doesn't bother me as much as his praising of the fans.

We get the point Paul, now talk about the football.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:07 - Aug 23 with 3839 viewsSomethingBlue

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:02 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

Agreed.

Doesn't bother me as much as his praising of the fans.

We get the point Paul, now talk about the football.

Why does it bother you? What he's done with the fans is help transform the atmosphere beyond all expectation. He can blow smoke up our 6rses as much as he likes in my view. The rest can be assessed separately, of course.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:26 - Aug 23 with 3765 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:34 - Aug 23 with 3710 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:26 - Aug 23 by BryanPlug

I don't think being asked if we are favourites and should win this game is particularly tough??

Yes we quite clearly are favourites.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 3692 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:07 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

Why does it bother you? What he's done with the fans is help transform the atmosphere beyond all expectation. He can blow smoke up our 6rses as much as he likes in my view. The rest can be assessed separately, of course.

I appreciate that he has done loads for the club and helped improve the atmosphere. he has done a good job.

It just becomes a bit tedious. He gets asked if he thinks that last minute winners show good character. He replies by saying "well the fans were great, it was for them" Brilliant I appreciate it but it doesn't really answer the question.

I like him, I think he is doing a good job. I just find his press conferences utterly bizarre.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 3692 viewsBryanPlug

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:34 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don't think being asked if we are favourites and should win this game is particularly tough??

Yes we quite clearly are favourites.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 3690 viewsBlueBadger

He's doing what Mick used to do ahead of games and manage expectations going into 'easy' games.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:37 - Aug 23 with 3685 viewsBlueBadger

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:18 - Aug 23 by BecclesITFC

What PL is doing is very very clever. Taking all the pressure away from his players. There is a lot of added pressure on Ipswich in this game, we are expected to win very easy. If we don't, then sh1t will hit the fan. PL is trying to stop that.

Tomorrow is a no win situation just like when England play San Marino.

Remember when Mick used to do that? People called him 'dino'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:45 - Aug 23 with 3652 viewsBryanPlug

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:37 - Aug 23 by BlueBadger

Remember when Mick used to do that? People called him 'dino'.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 3645 viewsBlueBadger

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:45 - Aug 23 by BryanPlug

I just got very confused because people are talking about Lambo's presser as if uttering vague cliches about respecting your opposition ahead of football matches was a new thing.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:49]

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:49 - Aug 23 with 3630 viewsHerbivore

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:36 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I appreciate that he has done loads for the club and helped improve the atmosphere. he has done a good job.

It just becomes a bit tedious. He gets asked if he thinks that last minute winners show good character. He replies by saying "well the fans were great, it was for them" Brilliant I appreciate it but it doesn't really answer the question.

I like him, I think he is doing a good job. I just find his press conferences utterly bizarre.

Not so sure I'd go so far as to say he's doing a good job. We've made a good start points wise this season but performances have been very patchy and the less said about last season the better. He's done a pretty mediocre job.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:53]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:51 - Aug 23 with 3619 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:49 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Not so sure I'd go so far as to say he's doing a good job. We've made a good start points wise this season but performances have been very patchy and the less said about last season the better. He's done a pretty mediocre job.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:53]

Good Job in making the club feel together again.

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:53 - Aug 23 with 3605 viewsHerbivore

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:51 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

Good Job in making the club feel together again.

Hmmm. Ultimately that's pretty wafer thin and meaningless though. It didn't feel all that together when boos rang around at half time on Tuesday night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:05 - Aug 23 with 3568 viewsBlueBadger

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:53 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Hmmm. Ultimately that's pretty wafer thin and meaningless though. It didn't feel all that together when boos rang around at half time on Tuesday night.

They were all singing 'booo-urns' you monster.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024