Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... 19:22 - Aug 22 with 892 viewsunstableblue

... to deflect from his encouragement of deforestation.

It’s the tactics of the right wing populists - such as Trump, Farage, and to a lesser extent Boris. Deflect, deflect.

What damage this horrible trend is causing.

The Amazon basin produces 20% of the worlds oxygen!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 19:39 - Aug 22 with 875 viewsDarth_Koont

Rise of the idiots. But just corporate and middle-aged.

I apologise to my teenage daughters on a daily basis for everything that's wrong with the world. Especially why democratic power breeds such utter c@ckmonkeys.

Pronouns: He/Him

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 20:44 - Aug 22 with 818 viewsunstableblue

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 19:39 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

Rise of the idiots. But just corporate and middle-aged.

I apologise to my teenage daughters on a daily basis for everything that's wrong with the world. Especially why democratic power breeds such utter c@ckmonkeys.

Darth - remember the time when the term ‘dumbing down’ was all the rage, and that
general concern we were allowing our news and media to become too simplistic, in a way pandering to the masses...

Well it kind of happened didn’t it!!the masses don’t seem interested in facts or detailed analysis, just sound bites and tag lines. And the elites don’t comprehend that only a small minority are consuming C4 news and The Today programme, and underestimate what and who can be voted into power.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 20:48 - Aug 22 with 812 viewsDarth_Koont

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 20:44 - Aug 22 by unstableblue

Darth - remember the time when the term ‘dumbing down’ was all the rage, and that
general concern we were allowing our news and media to become too simplistic, in a way pandering to the masses...

Well it kind of happened didn’t it!!the masses don’t seem interested in facts or detailed analysis, just sound bites and tag lines. And the elites don’t comprehend that only a small minority are consuming C4 news and The Today programme, and underestimate what and who can be voted into power.

Agreed. But I don't know where to start with these fantasy-driven, party-licking idiots.

It's insane. They wouldn't know the common good if it f@cked them up the @rse.

Pronouns: He/Him

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 797 viewsBluesquid

"Amazon fires: Bolsonaro actively trying to devastate rainforest, leaked documents show."

"democraciaAbierta has seen a PowerPoint presentation that shows that Bolsonaro’s government intends to use hate speech to isolate minorities of the Amazon."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/amazon-rainforest-fires-jair-b
So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 21:33 - Aug 22 with 774 viewsElderGrizzly

This is the scale of fires across the rainforest, not just Brazil.Those NGOs are busy

[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 21:37]
So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 21:33 - Aug 22 with 771 viewsClapham_Junction

One of the big problems is the spread of untruths through social media, often deliberately.

In the last few days there have been some comment on how someone is trying to boost our new government on Twitter using new accounts to retweet Boris' stuff. I stumbled across one of these accounts today when scrolling through comments on a Tweet I'd read: https://twitter.com/JohnHewitson6

A new account, probably created on 16 August. Their first action is to retweet something from the official 10 Downing Street account, followed by a load of anti-climate change stuff, snarky responses to left-wing/liberal politicians and retweeting 10 Downing Street, Boris' personal account, the Conservatives, Leave.EU Katie Hopkins and various other people in the same vein. They're already up to over 250 tweets, and are retweeting their responses to other tweets to amplify them.

Who is funding these accounts?
So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 21:36 - Aug 22 with 765 viewsElderGrizzly

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 21:33 - Aug 22 by Clapham_Junction

One of the big problems is the spread of untruths through social media, often deliberately.

In the last few days there have been some comment on how someone is trying to boost our new government on Twitter using new accounts to retweet Boris' stuff. I stumbled across one of these accounts today when scrolling through comments on a Tweet I'd read: https://twitter.com/JohnHewitson6

A new account, probably created on 16 August. Their first action is to retweet something from the official 10 Downing Street account, followed by a load of anti-climate change stuff, snarky responses to left-wing/liberal politicians and retweeting 10 Downing Street, Boris' personal account, the Conservatives, Leave.EU Katie Hopkins and various other people in the same vein. They're already up to over 250 tweets, and are retweeting their responses to other tweets to amplify them.

Who is funding these accounts?

This is a good Twitter account/website that shows the scale of it. And these are just the ones that are suspended.

http://botsentinel.com/

In answer to funding, it is CiL.
So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 23:06 - Aug 22 with 707 viewsJ2BLUE

So Brazil’s Trump states that NGOs are starting these forest fires... on 21:33 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

This is the scale of fires across the rainforest, not just Brazil.Those NGOs are busy

[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 21:37]

You would think that an area known as 'the lungs of the Earth' would be under some sort of international treaty protecting it from being cut down.

As for the fires, f**king hell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024