Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk 16:10 - Aug 22 with 2359 viewsElderGrizzly

Judge, Cyprus Tony, Dozzell and Downes likely to be missing.

With Pryzbek making up the required 3 for postponement, should we really push ahead when 4 of a potential starting XI are missing?

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:24 - Aug 22 with 2267 viewsITFC_Forever

This has been on the cards ever since the fixtures came out.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:31 - Aug 22 with 2221 viewsPJH

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:24 - Aug 22 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, as will be Wycombe(h), Oxford(a) and Bury(h)-although that one for more than one reason.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 2216 viewsElderGrizzly

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:24 - Aug 22 by ITFC_Forever

Appreciate that, just the first time the club have officially commented.

Assume they waited to see if 3 would be hit and it now has. Just now whether the U20 call-ups (even though they don’t count) mean we want to postpone or not.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:33 - Aug 22 with 2202 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:32 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

Assume they waited to see if 3 would be hit and it now has. Just now whether the U20 call-ups (even though they don’t count) mean we want to postpone or not.

They've definitely made the decision to postpone it if they can.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:36 - Aug 22 with 2188 viewsPhilTWTD

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:32 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

U19 and U20 calls do count if the player has been in 25 per cent of matchday squads.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:37 - Aug 22 with 2169 viewsElderGrizzly

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:36 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

U19 and U20 calls do count if the player has been in 25 per cent of matchday squads.

Ah, thanks for that! We’ve hit 3 anyway at the higher levels, so with this on top we’d be stupid to push ahead
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:41 - Aug 22 with 2149 viewsJ2BLUE

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:37 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

Ah, thanks for that! We’ve hit 3 anyway at the higher levels, so with this on top we’d be stupid to push ahead

I'd be tempted to play the game. We have enough options to get a result without the rearranged game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 2133 viewsElderGrizzly

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:41 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

I'd be tempted to play the game. We have enough options to get a result without the rearranged game.

Yet Rochdale likely to be at full strength and 4 or 5 of our first XI will be missing.

I agree we have decent strength, but we tend to do very badly making that many changes
Login to get fewer ads

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 2135 viewsPhilTWTD

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:41 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

If Judge, El Mizouni, Downes and Dozzell are all called up we'd have lost four players who play in the same area of the field.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:48 - Aug 22 with 2113 viewsElderGrizzly

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:45 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

If Judge, El Mizouni, Downes and Dozzell are all called up we'd have lost four players who play in the same area of the field.

And if we continue to do well, the number could only increase. Each international window game is likely to be postponed for us.

Why anyone would book travel and now moan at the club to refund them is beyond me...
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:49 - Aug 22 with 2106 viewsJ2BLUE

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:45 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

I get that but we could cope with Rowe, Skuse, Huws, Edwards, Nolan and Garbutt for one game?

Depending on fitness, i'm not sure where the likes of Nolan is with his recovery.

Truly impaired.

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:02 - Aug 22 with 2041 viewsITFC_Forever

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:31 - Aug 22 by PJH

Yes, as will be Wycombe(h), Oxford(a) and Bury(h)-although that one for more than one reason.

Going to London for the evening on the day of the Wycombe game, so that would be convenient if that one could be called off.

And I've also got something on the evening of the Bury game, so that would be awfully convenient if that was cancelled as well (for International break, not lack of opposition).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:04 - Aug 22 with 2021 viewsPhilTWTD

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:49 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

I get that but we could cope with Rowe, Skuse, Huws, Edwards, Nolan and Garbutt for one game?

Depending on fitness, i'm not sure where the likes of Nolan is with his recovery.

I was thinking in terms of central players which wouldleave us with Rowe - who would have to be moved from his regular role - Skuse, Huws and Nolan, two of whom are yet to start a league game this season with the latter having played only 45 minutes of an U32s game so far.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:07 - Aug 22 with 2008 viewsJ2BLUE

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:04 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

I was thinking in terms of central players which wouldleave us with Rowe - who would have to be moved from his regular role - Skuse, Huws and Nolan, two of whom are yet to start a league game this season with the latter having played only 45 minutes of an U32s game so far.

Fair enough, just thinking of fixture congestion as we (hopefully) have a minimum of 51 games this season.

Truly impaired.

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:08 - Aug 22 with 1998 viewsPhilTWTD

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:33 - Aug 22 by PrideOfTheEast

They've definitely made the decision to postpone it if they can.

I was pretty much told that last week, subject to the actual calls coming in.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:09 - Aug 22 with 1994 viewsPhilTWTD

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:07 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

Fair enough, just thinking of fixture congestion as we (hopefully) have a minimum of 51 games this season.

I think Sunderland did get to that point last season, they felt they had so many fixtures they were better off not calling a game off.
Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:19 - Aug 22 with 1946 viewsBent_double

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 16:45 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

Yet Rochdale likely to be at full strength and 4 or 5 of our first XI will be missing.

I agree we have decent strength, but we tend to do very badly making that many changes

But do we ever do well after an International break?

Swings 'n' roundabouts I suppose, postponement means all players get a break, but if we're on a mini winning run perhaps better to play the game?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:56 - Aug 22 with 1858 viewsxrayspecs

Club saying Rochdale game now at risk on 17:09 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

I think Sunderland did get to that point last season, they felt they had so many fixtures they were better off not calling a game off.

It is ok, we are boycotting all cup competitions again this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024