Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leasing Trophy 12:46 - Aug 22 with 6030 viewskizaitfc

Evans would have made more money had he included this in Season Ticket.

Would have seemed like a decent gesture at the time aswell

10,000 buying food and drink in the ground surely better than having less than 5,000 paying £10 a ticket.

Potential of having a decent crowd also would have brought more fans in and certainly would have been a huge plus for the players at the games.

Do think he missed a trick there

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Leasing Trophy on 12:49 - Aug 22 with 3748 viewsSomethingBlue

Rather have 500 there personally. People should swerve it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Leasing Trophy on 12:50 - Aug 22 with 3749 viewsJackSted

But FA Cup and EFL cup aren't included with Season Tickets?

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Leasing Trophy on 12:50 - Aug 22 with 3748 viewsMrTown

Don't understand this desire to hate on the cup, not from you in particular by the way but by others I have or talking about boycotting

No it is not a prestigous cup, but its our team that is playing, and regardless of whether they are playing the leasing.com trophy or the Champions League trophy, we support Ipswich Town.

I said on the post, people who may boycott this game may find a way to dag themselves to Wembley should we play a Peterborough/Sunderland/Pompey in the final.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Leasing Trophy on 12:51 - Aug 22 with 3738 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think you can do that. I assume the EFL takes a cut of the income from the games (if there is any).
Leasing Trophy on 12:51 - Aug 22 with 3730 viewsMrTown

Leasing Trophy on 12:49 - Aug 22 by SomethingBlue

Rather have 500 there personally. People should swerve it.

Swerve it on what grounds? It is our team playing?

Am I missing something.

Leasing Trophy on 12:52 - Aug 22 with 3725 viewsTractorCam

Leasing Trophy on 12:50 - Aug 22 by MrTown

Don't understand this desire to hate on the cup, not from you in particular by the way but by others I have or talking about boycotting

No it is not a prestigous cup, but its our team that is playing, and regardless of whether they are playing the leasing.com trophy or the Champions League trophy, we support Ipswich Town.

I said on the post, people who may boycott this game may find a way to dag themselves to Wembley should we play a Peterborough/Sunderland/Pompey in the final.

The PL are committed to getting u21 teams in the league system and this is a stepping stone for that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leasing Trophy on 12:53 - Aug 22 with 3727 viewsartsbossbeard

As he's financing PL's new players to an 'acceptable level now', it's vitally important to get a dig in from another angle.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Leasing Trophy on 12:54 - Aug 22 with 3700 viewsJ2BLUE

This is just plain daft. Do people actually do the maths before posts like this?

Half of ST holders probably wouldn't turn up anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Leasing Trophy on 12:57 - Aug 22 with 3664 viewsSarge

And as supporters of Ipswich Town, we should boycott anything that demeans the club. Participating in a competition littered with reserve sides makes a mockery of professional league football. If fans of all 48 clubs swerved these games, as many continue to do, it might send a message to the EFL that we’re not happy to be trotted out as prize cattle for Premier League teams to train their reserves against. We’ve got our own seasons to be getting on with.
Leasing Trophy on 12:57 - Aug 22 with 3662 viewsSomethingBlue

Leasing Trophy on 12:51 - Aug 22 by MrTown

Swerve it on what grounds? It is our team playing?

Am I missing something.

Yes — you're missing the bigger picture.

I reckon that.... on 13:02 - Aug 22 with 3622 viewsBloots

....people should be able to do whatever they want.

Personally.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Leasing Trophy on 13:06 - Aug 22 with 3579 viewstextbackup

Leasing Trophy on 12:57 - Aug 22 by SomethingBlue

Yes — you're missing the bigger picture.

I take it you won’t be at Wembley then

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leasing Trophy on 13:07 - Aug 22 with 3562 viewsSomethingBlue

Leasing Trophy on 13:06 - Aug 22 by textbackup

You're probably correct.

I reckon that.... on 13:11 - Aug 22 with 3535 viewslinhdi

I reckon that.... on 13:02 - Aug 22 by Bloots

Personally.

So, who said people don't have a choice as to whether to go or not?
I reckon that.... on 13:20 - Aug 22 with 3493 viewsMrTown

I reckon that.... on 13:02 - Aug 22 by Bloots

Personally.

I don’t recall ever stating that I’d be dragging people by the scruff of their neck to the stadium.

Everybody has their choices, if they chose not to support the team that’s their decision.

Leasing Trophy on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 3485 viewsRonFearonsHair

I will not go to a first team match involving an U21 team as I feel it will potentially be used as justification for them replacing clubs like Bury in the league system.

If we get to the final at Wembley then I will go, as my desire for my son to see Ipswich play at Wembley would outweigh my principals. I would hope to high heaven that this would not involve us playing an U21 team in the final, as it would give me a real dilemma.

I don't care if this makes me a massive hypocrite.
Leasing Trophy on 13:23 - Aug 22 with 3475 viewsJ2BLUE

I take it you won't be complaining if they announce B teams/under 23 teams in the football league after a 'successful trial' in the EFL cup?

I know you're a loyal fan who sees Ipswich are playing and home and it's alien to you to even think about not going but the future of our game is at stake here. Remember it's being streamed online so you'd still get to see it.

If you consider all the above and still wish to go that is obviously your call but it's not black and white IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leasing Trophy on 13:25 - Aug 22 with 3459 viewskizaitfc

Leasing Trophy on 12:51 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

I don't think you can do that. I assume the EFL takes a cut of the income from the games (if there is any).

Must be a way he can give anyone with a season ticket a free ticket for the game, then any money that has to got to EFL he pays.

I think he would increase revenue from drinks, food, programmes and club shop. However even if a loss was made it would be very small and the benefits of having a fuller ground and the good gesture from the owner would have outweighed the small loss IMO

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Leasing Trophy on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 3444 viewstrncbluearmy

So how would you feel if our local derby was against the scum u21 team,because that is were this is leading

If you are happy with that fine, if not boycott

In some ways it could be argued those not going are giving the greater support to the club and football
Nobody..... on 13:29 - Aug 22 with 3447 viewsBloots

I reckon that.... on 13:11 - Aug 22 by linhdi

So, who said people don't have a choice as to whether to go or not?

....and I didn't say that anyone did.

But if people want to avoid all the prelim matches and just go to the Final that's up to them.

They shouldn't be mocked.

Not complicated

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Nobody..... on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 3416 viewstrncbluearmy

Nobody..... on 13:29 - Aug 22 by Bloots

....and I didn't say that anyone did.

But if people want to avoid all the prelim matches and just go to the Final that's up to them.

They shouldn't be mocked.

Not complicated

Correct

This argument that you will go to the final though is purile and pathetic.
Personally I may go to the other games but feel it is important to boycott this one
Leasing Trophy on 13:38 - Aug 22 with 3403 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I will go to games except the ones against B teams

I hope we win obviously but I don't agree with B teams in the competition.
Leasing Trophy on 13:43 - Aug 22 with 3380 viewsSitfcB

Leasing Trophy on 13:38 - Aug 22 by Cheshire_Tractor

It’s not really a ‘b team’ is it...?

It’s yoofs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leasing Trophy on 13:59 - Aug 22 with 3308 viewsMrTown

Leasing Trophy on 13:28 - Aug 22 by trncbluearmy

So how would you feel if our local derby was against the scum u21 team,because that is were this is leading

If you are happy with that fine, if not boycott

In some ways it could be argued those not going are giving the greater support to the club and football

If our local derby become Town v Norwich u21's it would be at our own doorstep for falling so far down the leagues.

There is no way you could argue that not turning up to support your team is a signal of "greater support to the club".

Leasing Trophy on 14:00 - Aug 22 with 3295 viewsMrTown

Leasing Trophy on 13:38 - Aug 22 by Cheshire_Tractor

But its Ipswich 1st team, our team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024