Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A dose of reality 15:49 - Aug 21 with 908 viewsCrawfordsboot

for all you ME haters. Be careful what you wish for!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago

Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Macclesfield

Basically the business model for all but the top half of the premier league is bust!
A dose of reality on 15:53 - Aug 21 with 872 viewsDarth_Koont

The FA and/or EFL really needed to make sure the FFP had some real teeth and not give the soft version over three years or allow so many loopholes. It's still overspending and money that needs to be repaid however you cut it.

But I think it's in their own personal and short-term interests to see more money floating around the game. Being the responsible stewards of the game seems to be further down the list of priorities rather than right at the very top.

Pronouns: He/Him

A dose of reality on 15:55 - Aug 21 with 860 viewsBlueBadger

Just because Evans isn't as bad as those four doesn't mean that he's a particularly competent owner.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A dose of reality on 16:06 - Aug 21 with 810 viewsCrawfordsboot

A dose of reality on 15:55 - Aug 21 by BlueBadger

Just because Evans isn't as bad as those four doesn't mean that he's a particularly competent owner.

I accept that there have been too many mistakes made in the management of the club. My point though is that he gets beaten with the financial stick at regular intervals by wallys on here saying he needs to throw more and more money at the problem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024