Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... 14:34 - Aug 21 with 6772 viewsJoHnNnY

With his “we’ll see if there’s more comment”.... LB cover do we think?

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 14:37 - Aug 21 with 5445 viewsSouperJim

Well he's done a great job of getting Evans to open his wallet despite clearly not wanting to so far this summer, so why stop there?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:29 - Aug 21 with 5309 viewsFixed_It

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 14:37 - Aug 21 by SouperJim

Well he's done a great job of getting Evans to open his wallet despite clearly not wanting to so far this summer, so why stop there?

'Clearly not wanting to?. I'm sure he wouldn't have done so if he didn't want to!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:32 - Aug 21 with 5285 viewsSouperJim

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:29 - Aug 21 by Fixed_It

'Clearly not wanting to?. I'm sure he wouldn't have done so if he didn't want to!

Being reluctant to then.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 5206 viewsHerbivore

Georgiou, Garbutt and KVY can all cover left back so I doubt we're looking for cover there. I think the squad is fine now. Arguably we could do with another striker given we only have three and one of them isn't yet match fit, but with Sears, Morris and Folami coming back in the next few months it'd probably be a loan until January.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 16:08 - Aug 21 with 5179 viewsBent_double

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 14:37 - Aug 21 by SouperJim

If the number crunchers have assumed gates around the 14k mark throughout the season, and if we continue to get 18-20k, then that's what, £100k+ extra per game, or £2m+ over the season, minimum. Enough to persuade ME to crack open that wallet one more time?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 16:19 - Aug 21 with 5136 viewsxrayspecs

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:44 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

Georgiou, Garbutt and KVY can all cover left back so I doubt we're looking for cover there. I think the squad is fine now. Arguably we could do with another striker given we only have three and one of them isn't yet match fit, but with Sears, Morris and Folami coming back in the next few months it'd probably be a loan until January.

I think we are there in terms of getting the squad together with any additions being potential upgrades to what we have. It may mean that some of the youths can go out on loan to gain first team experience - El Mizouni, Dobra, Clements, Nbada etc. I can also see Roberts and Emmanuel moving on

Keepers - covered
Right back - VY (Wilson, Donacien, Chambers, Skuse as cover)
Left back - Kenlock was given a three year deal recently so assume first choice, he did look better with Georgiou in front last night. Garbutt and Greogiou can cover at FB.
Central defence - Chambers, Wolf, Toto, Wilson and Donacien as additional cover
Wide right - Rowe and Judge
Wide left - Garbutt and Georgiou
Central midfield - lots of options
Up front Norwood, Jackson, Judge and Sears
Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 18:20 - Aug 21 with 5007 viewstiptreeblue

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 16:19 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

I think we are there in terms of getting the squad together with any additions being potential upgrades to what we have. It may mean that some of the youths can go out on loan to gain first team experience - El Mizouni, Dobra, Clements, Nbada etc. I can also see Roberts and Emmanuel moving on

Keepers - covered
Left back - Kenlock was given a three year deal recently so assume first choice, he did look better with Georgiou in front last night. Garbutt and Greogiou can cover at FB.

Don`t forget Will Keane as a striker
Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 18:23 - Aug 21 with 4990 viewssparks

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:32 - Aug 21 by SouperJim

Being reluctant to then.

How do you know this?

When will the people blubbing about Evans a month ago and claiming he was blocking or refusing to do deals, put their hands up and admit they were shooting off without a shred of actual knowledge?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 18:25]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 18:24 - Aug 21 with 4979 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 18:23 - Aug 21 by sparks

How do you know this?

When will the people blubbing about Evans a month ago and claiming he was blocking or refusing to do deals, put their hands up and admit they were shooting off without a shred of actual knowledge?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 18:25]

1st Never 2019.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 18:27 - Aug 21 with 4949 viewsHerbivore

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 16:19 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

Keepers - covered

Edwards on both wings too.

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 23:31 - Aug 21 with 4712 viewsagentp

I think we will see a CM from a Championship club.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 4686 viewsHerbivore

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 23:31 - Aug 21 by agentp

Why? We've got about a thousand CMs already.

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 23:48 - Aug 21 with 4672 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 23:31 - Aug 21 by agentp

What!!! We have 6+ already!
Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 06:24 - Aug 22 with 4547 viewsBlueBadger

That Lambert will play wide left.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:38 - Aug 22 with 4264 viewsagentp

I don't know why.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:56 - Aug 22 with 4221 viewsNaylorsboots

Another centre half is whats required.
Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 15:01 - Aug 22 with 4160 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:56 - Aug 22 by Naylorsboots

Another centre half is whats required.

Whats required is another Physio.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 12:49 - Aug 23 with 3958 viewsbazgammon

the squad looks massive for a div 1 squad, especially loads of midfielders. Obviously there are quite a few injured Freddie, Lankester, nsiala, bishop at moment but surely some need to go otherwise there are going to be a lot of unhappy, not involved players.

Poll: Lambert

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:01 - Aug 23 with 3940 viewsKeaneish

A CB. Wilson is League 2 standard and Donacien is barely that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:05 - Aug 23 with 3924 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:01 - Aug 23 by Keaneish

What has Wilson done wrong so far?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:07 - Aug 23 with 3897 viewsHerbivore

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:01 - Aug 23 by Keaneish

Even if we accept your analysis we still have Chambers, Nsiala and Woolfenden, which is plenty. Ndaba will look to push on as the season progresses too. We have a big squad for this level, it doesn't need padding out.

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:11 - Aug 23 with 3893 viewsKeaneish

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:05 - Aug 23 by BrixtonBlue

What has Wilson done wrong so far?

Nothing but that's not the point. We're building a squad to get to and to be ready for Championship. Wilson was very average against Cambridge, again against Luton and had little to do against Wimbledon. He's not a long term recruit to challenge Chambers, Wolfenden or Nsiala for a regular place and that's what we need.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:14 - Aug 23 with 3883 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm happy with our squad. We signed three players in a week who all look quality additions for this level and we're not going into deadline day praying something happens like we have done for most deadline days over the last decade.

A loan striker until January would be the cherry on top but i'm fine if we're done.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:16 - Aug 23 with 3860 viewsHerbivore

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:11 - Aug 23 by Keaneish

Nothing but that's not the point. We're building a squad to get to and to be ready for Championship. Wilson was very average against Cambridge, again against Luton and had little to do against Wimbledon. He's not a long term recruit to challenge Chambers, Wolfenden or Nsiala for a regular place and that's what we need.

He's not a long term signing but he's perfectly fine as cover as fourth choice. Expecting us to build a Championship squad now is pie in the sky stuff.

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:46 - Aug 23 with 3820 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert has slightly hinted hope of more additions.... on 13:11 - Aug 23 by Keaneish

We can worry about the Championship when we get there. Wilson likes fine to me so far.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024