Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 23:44 - Aug 20 with 927 viewsMrTown

Another hit and miss display, certainly a game of 2 halves. Lambert is right, far too passive for the first 45, but it’s his job to see and rectify that, it’s nothing new, we were the same in the 4-3-3 in the Championship.

Where I thought he got it horribly wrong the first half, he certainly got it right come the second, switching back to the 4-4-2, extra body for 3 centre halves instead of a solo Norwood changed the game, and Georgiou was a real real handful, straight out of the old school dynamic winger handbook.

Let’s stick with the 4-4-2, personnel changes are fine, system swapping as well maybe not.

We’ve settled on the 4-4-2, it’s working for us, stick with it. Slowly but surely feel we can rev the engine and get ourselves through the gears in the coming weeks and months.

A firing front 2 is a real asset, but for me we seem to have maybe developed a real gem in Woolfenden, but tonight I thought Wilson was v good, does the basics so comfortably, never messes around, v solid CB, exactly what I like from my centre halves.

Slowly but surely building a bit of momentum and slowly stopping the rot of the last 18 months.

COYB

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 23:54 - Aug 20 with 870 viewsBloomBlue

It takes every team a few games to get going. I didn't have a problem with PL trying a different formation, it didn't work but we had the subs available to change it.
Last season we would've lost that game
Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 23:59 - Aug 20 with 848 viewsMrTown

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 23:54 - Aug 20 by BloomBlue

It takes every team a few games to get going. I didn't have a problem with PL trying a different formation, it didn't work but we had the subs available to change it.
Last season we would've lost that game

I agree, every team takes time to get going, and find that momentum, Norwich are a prime example last year.

I don’t have a problem with Lambert switching systems, but when we have an unbeaten start with one system, and you switch to a system which we have used before an bought no success last year.

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:00 - Aug 21 with 832 viewstextbackup

We are lucky that at this level you can make mistakes and not be punished every time.

we have really got to work on giving more options when in possession, far too often it goes long and is a total waste of time.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:07 - Aug 21 with 815 viewsMrTown

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:00 - Aug 21 by textbackup

We are lucky that at this level you can make mistakes and not be punished every time.

we have really got to work on giving more options when in possession, far too often it goes long and is a total waste of time.

It’s a strange one. When we try to play a possession game, we are simply not good at it, it’s very easy for teams like Wimbledon to get behind the ball in good time and become very compact, however at this level with a longer ball into a front 2, the teams tend to be a bit more opening allowing us to look a lot more dangerous from that route at the moment.

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:08 - Aug 21 with 806 viewshomer_123

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:00 - Aug 21 by textbackup

Mistake from Donacien cost us a goal. Got dragged towards the ball.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:09 - Aug 21 with 802 viewsBloomBlue

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 23:59 - Aug 20 by MrTown

I agree, every team takes time to get going, and find that momentum, Norwich are a prime example last year.

I don’t have a problem with Lambert switching systems, but when we have an unbeaten start with one system, and you switch to a system which we have used before an bought no success last year.

I think PL was working on the basis Wimbledon were setup to play against a 4-4-2 and would sit deep and try and hit on the counter and he went with a different formation to try and cause them confusion. Whereas it actually confused us and everyone kept coming into the middle.

I agree with PL we had too much time on the ball, but we didn't help ourselves as we were too slow with the ball.

Jackson was the main difference for me his pace scared them he started dragging two with him everytime he moved for the ball which allowed the Town midfield to move up towards the penalty area
Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:18 - Aug 21 with 767 viewstextbackup

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:08 - Aug 21 by homer_123

Mistake from Donacien cost us a goal. Got dragged towards the ball.

I did say "not punished every time" :)

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:19 - Aug 21 with 767 viewstextbackup

Very much feels as if we are still in gear 2 on 00:07 - Aug 21 by MrTown

It’s a strange one. When we try to play a possession game, we are simply not good at it, it’s very easy for teams like Wimbledon to get behind the ball in good time and become very compact, however at this level with a longer ball into a front 2, the teams tend to be a bit more opening allowing us to look a lot more dangerous from that route at the moment.

I mean PL knows more than me, and I guess the addition of keane means we will look better when the balls are humped up.... but it really isn't good to see currently as it just isn't working

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024