Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jobsworth stewards 22:59 - Aug 20 with 4158 viewsTown_Boy

Pathetic telling that group to sit down! They were not causing any trouble standing up.. They made that whole thing worse than it needed to be. Ended up kicking them out...

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Jobsworth stewards on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 415 views26_Paz

Jobsworth stewards on 12:21 - Aug 21 by BecclesITFC

I noticed it was that bloke with the earpiece. AGAIN...

Him and that short woman are on a massive power trip

The Paz Man

They were thrown out for..... on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 415 views26_Paz

They were thrown out for..... on 11:57 - Aug 21 by Bloots

....drinking booze in the seats.

Sounds like they were given the chance to stay, but decided to argue the toss and so they got binned.

Not sure where the issue is.

They had already taken the booze in the first half. This was a separate incident

The Paz Man

Jobsworth stewards on 12:24 - Aug 21 with 414 viewssotd78

Jobsworth stewards on 11:55 - Aug 21 by itfctim

Agreed. Total over reaction. The group were joining in with the SBR lower, no people in the boxes behind them, and were basically ejected for supporting the team. Maybe the jobsworth ***** would be happier if everyone in the silent stands just sat there with tartan blankets and a mug of Bovril, thus making their jobs non existent. Pathetic bunch of over reactive stewards. Down vote that all you like, most of you on here either dont go to games, are happy clippers if you do (without the clapping) and just like to winge...Numbskulls rule!!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 12:45]

There's places in the stadium where it is "accepted or overlooked" to allow standing
Lower Sir Bobby obviously.
But once you allow it to drift into the family seating then it will eventually cause a problem.
There's no need to stand in that area. the Stwewards were I felt very restrained and careful. A few plod might have made a lot different and quicker reaction - do we as a club want that? Do we need to pay for police to keep our few morons in check.

Watch out for me - I wave my tartan rug from Lower East of England Co-op Stand!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

So there were two "incidents" then....? on 12:42 - Aug 21 with 378 viewsBloots

They were thrown out for..... on 12:23 - Aug 21 by 26_Paz

They had already taken the booze in the first half. This was a separate incident

....sounds like they definitely should have been chucked out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Jobsworth stewards on 12:45 - Aug 21 with 375 viewsthatdamgood89

Having a go at stewards is like having a go at till staff in Tesco. Both are only doing a job, can't change the problem you don't like and probably in reality agree with you. They have a job and like it or not football grounds don't consider standing to be safe or as safe as seating. Sit down or face being chucked out it's not rocket science.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024