Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, which manager will get sacked first this season... 22:23 - Aug 19 with 4386 viewsjjblue84

Lampard or Solskjær?
So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:24 - Aug 19 with 4375 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Neither deserves to go.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:25 - Aug 19 with 4379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am not surprised.

Chelsea will have more patience, partly because Solskjaer had a poor run at the end of last season and partly because Chelsea are not the same proposition for a new manager having the transfer embargo in place.

I reckon both will get to Christmas at least.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:26 - Aug 19 with 4370 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:24 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Neither deserves to go.

Did either "deserve" to get the job?

I think their record on the pitch will determine whether they go but Lampard lacks both the experience and the personnel, Solskjaer now seems to be suffering the same problems with the squad that the more experienced managers have done.

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:26 - Aug 19 with 4370 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:25 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not surprised.

Chelsea will have more patience, partly because Solskjaer had a poor run at the end of last season and partly because Chelsea are not the same proposition for a new manager having the transfer embargo in place.

I reckon both will get to Christmas at least.

Chelsea could turn the corner.

I dont get why so many people talk of Chelsea as though they are a mid table squad.

They are packed with £40-50m players and have a huge wage bill.

I get that they are not nailed on for Top 4, but they should be Top 6.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:30 - Aug 19 with 4353 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:26 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Did either "deserve" to get the job?

I think their record on the pitch will determine whether they go but Lampard lacks both the experience and the personnel, Solskjaer now seems to be suffering the same problems with the squad that the more experienced managers have done.

Solskjaer was an OK candidate as a caretaker manager, and probably did deserve the job when he got it full time. Not sure why it started to go so wrong afterwards. I like what he is trying to do though.

Frank got the job due to the exceptional circumstances this season, but he is lucky to get it. Being a club legend doesnt make you a good manager, but it does afford you opportunities that you might not otherwise get... i.e. did Zinedine Zidane deserve to get the Real job the first time around? probably not, but he did OK.

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:30 - Aug 19 with 4355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:26 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chelsea could turn the corner.

I dont get why so many people talk of Chelsea as though they are a mid table squad.

They are packed with £40-50m players and have a huge wage bill.

I get that they are not nailed on for Top 4, but they should be Top 6.

"packed with £40-50m players and have a huge wage bill" sounds rather like a mid-table squad to me.

They have been unable o sign players to improve on weaknesses for a couple of transfer windows now. They also have an inexperienced manager with a remit to bring on their younger players.

Top 6 will be a very good finish for them this season. Whether their board and fans are realistic enough to accept that is another question.

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:42 - Aug 19 with 4302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 22:30 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

"packed with £40-50m players and have a huge wage bill" sounds rather like a mid-table squad to me.

They have been unable o sign players to improve on weaknesses for a couple of transfer windows now. They also have an inexperienced manager with a remit to bring on their younger players.

Top 6 will be a very good finish for them this season. Whether their board and fans are realistic enough to accept that is another question.

Agree to differ.

How many mid table teams have a midfield of;

Kante - £35m, widely acknowledged as the best in the world in his position.
Jorginho - £57m
Pulisic - (added to first team this transfer window) £58m
Kovacic - £45m
Ruben Loftus Cheek - Outstanding player on £150k per week
Hudson Odoi - Outstanding prospect, Bayern Munich offered £35+ for him
Willian - £30m, fantastic and proven player
Pedro - £21m, fantastic pedigree
Ross Barkley - England international

Their keeper was £70m, the worlds most expensive keeper at the time.

Defence:

Rudiger - c.£30m fee, german international.
Azpilacueta - PL winner and experienced spain international
Zappacosta - c.£25m fee

Granted up front is not such a strong suit, but in Giroud they have a very experienced and effective front man.

Looking at all of the above, they clearly have a stronger squad than mid table teams.

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 06:32 - Aug 20 with 4121 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Only just now seem the score from last night - surely that’s another decent result for Man U?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 06:52 - Aug 20 with 4093 viewsWarkystache

In the Prem, I wouldn't be surprised if Gracia at Watford gets the boot soon. I think Colin may fall on his sword at Cardiff as well.

Can't see either Lamps or Solks getting the boot. Lamps will need a transfer window where Chelsea can actually buy someone. Solks is on the verge of something at Man U.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 06:56 - Aug 20 with 4083 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 06:58 - Aug 20 with 4080 viewsfloridaboy

Think it maybe Garcia or Bruce if he loses a couple more
So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 07:43 - Aug 20 with 4002 viewsGuthrum

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 06:32 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Only just now seem the score from last night - surely that’s another decent result for Man U?

Wolves are likely to be a threat even to some of the top teams this season. Not that I think they'll be doing a Leicester, but more than just mid table filler, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 07:54 - Aug 20 with 3962 viewsKeaneish

The options should be Bruce or Hassenhuttal. Lampard has got loads of credit at Chelsea and they're playing some good football whereas Solskjaer has got United playing again and they're unbeaten.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 08:05 - Aug 20 with 3938 viewsGuthrum

Most ManU fans I've spoken to are more than happy with Solskjær, he being someone who understands and plays in the spirit of the club's footballing tradition, unlike the last three (particularly Mourinho, who was far too defensive). They are prepared to be a bit patient in letting the team develop.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 08:23 - Aug 20 with 3899 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 07:43 - Aug 20 by Guthrum

Wolves are likely to be a threat even to some of the top teams this season. Not that I think they'll be doing a Leicester, but more than just mid table filler, either.

Indeed - and on the evidence of last season 1-1 at Molineux is a decent result for anyone, Man City and Liverpool included

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 09:19 - Aug 20 with 3817 viewschicoazul

Steve Bruce.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 09:39 - Aug 20 with 3782 viewsNaylorsboots

Only reason Lampard got the job was because they couldnt sign players. Any top manager wasnt going to come with those constraints. Lampard would otherwise still be at Derby
So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 10:24 - Aug 20 with 3727 viewsElephantintheRoom

Bruce will be the first Prem mismanager to go - he was installed as the bookies favourite for first sacking before he was even appointed. If you are asking about who will blink first at Old Trafford or Chelski - then Lampard might be forced out by senior players quite quickly - and realistically the baby faced assassin will be shot by xmas unless he can make top 4 look certain.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 11:06 - Aug 20 with 3680 viewsThe_Major

Not sure, suspect Lampard will go first as we now how notoriously hair trigger Roman is, but on the other hand, it's now surprisingly been six years since Man Utd won the title and they might be getting a bit twitchy about that.

I'd still say the league is going to be between City, Liverpool, and Spurs.

Oh, and Norwich, obviously if Look East was anything to go by last night.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 11:07]
So, which manager will get sacked first this season... on 11:09 - Aug 20 with 3663 viewsGooders7592

They will both last the season and compete against each other for 4th place with Arsenal.

Garcia at Watford or Southampton's manager is my bet. Bruce will stay as who will they replace him with?

Do you think Norwich will replace Farke if they're flirting with relegation later on in the season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024