Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson and Nsiala songs 16:11 - Aug 19 with 1368 viewsmarkbrennansghost

I was as at the game Saturday and heard a couple of songs about Jackson and Nsiala being sung. Both songs made reference to a certain part of their body! The majority of people laughed when they heard it. I remember a similar song about Lukaku being sung by United fans which got condemned as racist as it was reinforcing a racial stereotype.
I realise that there are a lot worse names to be called and there are a lot worse things to be levelled at someone, but with the chants at Luton as well, is this a slightly worrying trend?

I haven’t made my mind up if this is just banter or a little bit racist.

What does anyone else think!
Jackson and Nsiala songs on 00:16 - Aug 20 with 1248 viewstextbackup

if anyone claims it racist they should probably be told living on planet earth isn't for them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 00:41 - Aug 20 with 1230 viewsHullblue

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 00:16 - Aug 20 by textbackup

if anyone claims it racist they should probably be told living on planet earth isn't for them

I think it’s racist.

First of all you need to bear in mind that white people have peddled myths about black sexuality ever since the days of slavery.

It’s similar to the thing where pundits always choose to talk about the physical attributes of technically gifted black players - it’s based on old, racist ideas.

In Saturday’s case, instead of talking about what a good defender he is (debatable I know), they’re choosing to focus on the colour of his skin, and what that leads them to believe about him.

I really doubt they meant to cause offence to the players, but it’s definitely racist imo.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 02:18 - Aug 20 with 1179 viewsSE1blue

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 00:16 - Aug 20 by textbackup

It’s racist.

It’s stereotyping, so it’s racist.

And often when people stereotype, even positively, they also hold negative perceptions/beliefs about a particular race.

Feel free to tell me to get off planet earth but those chants don’t belong in the 21st century where more educated and racially aware people belong.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 03:25 - Aug 20 with 1150 viewstextbackup

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 00:41 - Aug 20 by Hullblue

I think it’s racist.

First of all you need to bear in mind that white people have peddled myths about black sexuality ever since the days of slavery.

It’s similar to the thing where pundits always choose to talk about the physical attributes of technically gifted black players - it’s based on old, racist ideas.

In Saturday’s case, instead of talking about what a good defender he is (debatable I know), they’re choosing to focus on the colour of his skin, and what that leads them to believe about him.

I really doubt they meant to cause offence to the players, but it’s definitely racist imo.

at no point is skin colour mentioned.

And just to clarify, I've seen what's mentioned in the song. factually correct.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 08:31 - Aug 20 with 1005 viewsHullblue

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 03:25 - Aug 20 by textbackup

at no point is skin colour mentioned.

And just to clarify, I've seen what's mentioned in the song. factually correct.

Oh right, it’s nothing to do with race, that’s why we sing that song about all our white players too.

I’m getting the feeling that when you say ‘It’s not racist’, what you really mean is, “I don’t think this is important enough to take seriously.”

We can debate that instead if you want, but I think you’d be best off reading a couple of history books on this subject instead. Genuinely.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Jackson and Nsiala songs on 08:40 - Aug 20 with 971 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Nsiala reposted it on his instagram story. So he must have enjoyed it

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024